Old 01-15-2008, 12:34 PM   #1  
Susan-Marie

S/C/G: 206/206/150

Height: 5'3&3/4"

Question I joined WW online......

now what? I have no idea what to do next. I cant afford to go to the meetings or the other stuff. But someone suggested I join for the boards and recipes.

So can someone please point me in the right direction? Please and Thanks!
soozeebg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 01:45 PM   #2  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi Susan-Marie.

Go and login to the Weight Watchers website. When you get set up it should ask you which plan you want to follow - Flex where you count EVERYTHING you eat or CORE where you don't have to count points for foods that are part of the CORE plan - but you will have to use and count your optional points if you eat something that is not Core.

Once you've chosen your Plan, look at the upper left hand part of the web page. There are tabs called HOME, THE PLAN, FOOD & RECIPES, FITNESS & HEALTH, SUCCESS STORIES, COMMUNITY (this is where the boards are) and SHOP for shop at home items.

Click on the PLAN tab. Underneath that bar you'll see another menu line with FIRST STEPS, LIVING WITH THE PLAN, MAINTAINING YOUR WEIGHT and USING the SITE. First Steps will tell you all the things you need to get set up.

Learn how to use the Points Tracker which is confusing at first but really good once you get used to it.

Then you learn about food. You can look up various foods to get an idea of what translates to which points. You can then pick out preplanned meals or recipes that look interesting to you. I like to cook from scratch and you can use the Recipe Builder tool to enter you own ingredients, the number of servings and it will calculate the points for you. You can even tweek/change the ingredients to change the point values or "skinny down" a recipe.

There's a weight tracker for logging your weight each week and you can see a graph with your results over time.

Finally take a look at the Activity logs where you can log your activities and get extra points.

It's alot to read. Don't get overwhelmed. It's way cheaper than joining the weekly meetings but that's because you have to do lots of the work yourself.

I really like it alot. Have been on it over a year and still haven't read everything. Good luck to you. PM me if you have questions.

Last edited by happy2bme; 01-15-2008 at 01:46 PM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 02:54 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 212/212/140

Height: 5'2"

BEWARE of the message boards at WW!!!! There is a group of women who are very mean to new people. If you go to the WW site just spend a lot of time looking around and get familiar with the site. Try to find the answers to your own questions first. These women are really nasty to new people posting what they feel are dumb questions. Also never start a post with "I only lost..." or they will be all over you!!! I was called a name my very first post there. Come back here if you have a question and know that there is always support here, too. Good luck to you.

Last edited by WAgal; 01-15-2008 at 02:56 PM.
WAgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 03:03 PM   #4  
Susan-Marie

S/C/G: 206/206/150

Height: 5'3&3/4"

Thank you both very much. I'll make sure I am very careful about the boards. I've already been warned about the women on it. I'll have a good look around before I do anything. If I have any more questions I'll come back here and post them. It looks like the Flex plan is the easiest for me but I'll look at both.

Thanks again.
soozeebg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:04 PM   #5  

Height: 5'6"

As a WW Online Member, you can also buy the food companion books, etc., that you would otherwise have to go to a meeting place to purchase these. Click the Shop link on the upper right hand corner of the WW site.
KimberlyinMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:10 PM   #6  

Height: 5'6"

Also, at the top of the WW website (once you are logged in), you will see a tool bar across the top with links to Home, The Plan, Food & Recipes, Fitness & Health, Success Stories, Community, etc. Click on "The Plan" to get more information.
KimberlyinMN is offline   Reply With Quote