Old 01-15-2008, 07:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 155/155/120

Height: 5' 1/2 "

Default Mom of 3 sons lookin for some help

Hi there, this is my first visit here so a real newbie...any suggestions ladies??
JenniferM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 07:30 AM   #2  
Strong to the finish!

S/C/G: 295/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Hi! Welcome! I'm kinda new here myself, and I have felt welcome from the first day. Hope you find it as supportive and interesting as the rest of us. I only have one big suggestion - NEVER QUIT! The time's gonna pass no matter what, so you might as well spend it trying to get healthy. Don't stop - keep trying until you find what works for YOU.

I look forward to seeing you in the daily threads.
ekstatikia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:10 AM   #3  
Fighting to Lose

S/C/G: 175/175/150

Height: 5'9"

Hello and welcome to the group,

You have crossed one big hurdle by deciding to even lose weight. I have two kids at home and it is hard at times to eat healthy and still have things in the house for them. One thing I would suggest is make it a family affair. I am lucky that my kids love fruits and vegtables. Another suggestion would be to make sure you drink plenty of water and don't cut your calories too much or your body will think it is starving and hold onto everything that it gets. Get exercise whenever and wherever you can. Join in on our chats. You will find that there is a lot of good support here.
fightingtolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 01:06 PM   #4  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Jennifer, Come join us on the Daily Chat thread! Lots of support and great people!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 01:26 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 264/149.4/140

Height: 5'8

welcome!
My suggestion is to count calories! I have gained and lost a lot in the past and it always works when I do it, when I quit the weight comes back. You can find suggested calorie calculators for you online based on height and weight. they can tell you amount of calories needed to lose weight at a healthy rate or amt needed to maintain your weight.
join our valentines goal thread. set a mini goal and it will keep you motivated for the next holiday. good luck!
loganandlivsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 01:52 PM   #6  
Determined!!!

S/C/G: 275/261/150

Height: 5'

Welcome Jennifer!!! I am sure you will love this place. Everyone is so supportive. I can say that you choosing to change your life is the first step. I have found that with my kids we use the encouragment card in my house. Like when we went to Wendy's my kids were like you did great mom, looking at the nutrition board to see what was a healthier choice...things like that make a difference and keep me motivated.
Chelavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 12:08 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/115

Height: 5'3''

Welcome, Jennifer! I'm a real newbie too!
Cardfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 08:16 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 248/246.5/170

Height: 5'4

Smile I'm new too!!

It's great to see some other new people here too. I have never, ever used message boards before, but from poking around in here, this seems like a fabulous place to start....I need all the help I can get.
Lily08 is offline   Reply With Quote