Old 01-14-2008, 01:44 PM   #1  
Half-marathoner.

S/C/G: 175/160/125

Height: 5'5"

Default Anyone do your OWN LC plan?

I'm just wondering if anyone has had success doing LC without following something as specific as atkins. For example: Yesterday I had scrambled eggs w/cheese for breakfast, but stopped at Burger King and got the BK Veggie for lunch (I was flyering for my business and didn't pack anything--stupid me!), which I think could be 40-something grams of carbs. I ate a late breakfast and lunch, so by dinner time I wasn't all that hungry, so I just had a Low carb/high protein bar. So maybe I had 50g carbs yesterday. Any LC experiments/plans under your belt that you'd like to share?! Please do! Thank you in advance!
thirty3zenlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:26 AM   #2  
It is what it is...

yeah I do the same thing...I have diabetes and have just sort of made up my own lower carb plan ...I try not to have anymore than about 60-80 carbs per day...when I stay on plan it does work...
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 06:00 PM   #3  

I suppose you could say that I also just follow my "own plan." I've read the Dr. Atkins book and I've read a lot about low carb eating on the internet. I would say that I basically follow Atkins except that I didn't give up caffeine...although I do not consume that much. And I eat a few nuts as a snack. But if you read an ealier post of mine, you'll see that I am struggeling a bit with quick weight loss. However, since I began eating this way, I have felt so so so much better physically AND mentally. I can't say I want to cheat because of how much better I feel. It is unbelieveable. So I suppose that would be called a success.
SMiller96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 10:52 PM   #4  
banned

S/C/G: 185/165/150

Height: 5'9 - 40 and fabulous!

I just started "atkins" 1 wk 3 days ago. I've done it in the past "my atkins" way and lost all the weight I wanted. I do stick to no breads, pastas, etc., but the only change right now is that I do eat citrus fruits and berries (no grapes)...I've lost 5 lbs the first week and my weigh-ins are saturdays, so i'll let you know soon how my second week is going. The one thing that I am finding now is that I'm already getting bored with the foods? I hate to admit it but I'm craving something (not sure what) but just something more and its usually late at night...any suggestions out there?
bambifox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 12:49 PM   #5  

I did Atkins years ago and couldn't stick with the level of restriction. I found I wanted breads.

Last fall I started a no-starch diet, which isn't the same. Sure, no breads, pastas, rice, potatoes, etc., but all fruits and veggies are acceptable. I lost weight and continue at a modest but healthy and regular loss.
JerseyGirl69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 03:14 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 249/220/150

Height: 5'5"

I am following a "no-white" diet. This is very similiar to Atkins I suppose...I just try not to eat any white foods. For example, pure sugar (things made with sugar), potatoes, breads, pasta, etc.....

This is much easier to me than actually counting carbs. Hope this helps!
photogal85 is offline   Reply With Quote