Old 01-13-2008, 11:10 PM   #1  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Default TBL "WMB" - Black Team Chat

So because of the craziness in the one thread idea we have to make team threads. Please keep the majority of your posts here Black Team so we can stay organized!

Sorry about the changes so early in the challenge!
Old 01-13-2008, 11:12 PM   #2  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Yay! I love that we each have our own threads, simply because I've been gone a few days and already the other thread is HUGE!

Thanks to all 3 leaders!
Old 01-13-2008, 11:31 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 246/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

GREAT!!!! I was getting sad cuz I KNEW there was no way to keep up with the other thread!

Should we all introduce ourselves? Or do you guys all know each other already?

My name is Tatiana. My goal is to get down to 190 by the end of the challenge. I want to lose weight so I can be healthy and a good role model for my 10 month old daughter. I also want to have another baby before long and don't want to be on bedrest the entire pregnancy again due to health issues. And, of course, I want to lose to help the Black team kick some major butt in this competition!

Good luck to everyone!!! Hope we all have a great week losing. Stay healthy and strong!!!
Old 01-13-2008, 11:50 PM   #4  
Karen - Black Team

S/C/G: 260/see ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Yeah! I felt like the Black team was getting lost in the shuffle.

My name is Karen and I would love to be down to 230 lb by the end of this challenge. I really let myself go these last few years, not paying any attention to what I was putting in my body. I finally reached a point where I had to go buy new clothes or lose wieght. I refuse to buy more fat clothes!!!

I am looking forward to having a lot of fun with y'all!

Go BLACK Team!
Old 01-14-2008, 12:03 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 246/ticker/180

Woo-hoo, Karen! You're right - NO MORE FAT CLOTHES!!!
Old 01-14-2008, 12:23 AM   #6  

Hi Everyone,
I'm Bette and I'm glad to be here with all of you. My goal is to get down to about 215 or less. But I've also got a fitness goal, I need to get my walking time and distance up. I was training to walk a marathon but hurt my foot, so I have to start all over. I kick off my training on the 27th, but want to get going before that. My event is on June 1st and I intend to be there.
It's going to be fun getting to know everyone and working together for a black team win.
Also how do you get the black team banners?
Old 01-14-2008, 12:39 AM   #7  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Hi guys! I'm Amy. My WL has slown down A LOT since Oct and I'm ready to change that. It's time to exercise more and be strict about what I eat! I graduate from law school in May and want to be looking good when I get my degree! I'm ready to lose another 20lbs!!
Old 01-14-2008, 12:49 AM   #8  
Time to get back on track

S/C/G: 295/295/150

Height: 5'8

Hello BLACK TEAM! My name is Michelle and I am so excited for this amazing challenge! I am a very competitive girl, so things like this really get me going and motivate me to stay on program and to exercise. I know that we are all going to be so successful and I can't wait to lose with you all! My goal is to be in ONE-DERLAND by the end of this challenge! We can do this!
Old 01-14-2008, 02:09 AM   #9  

Hi Everyone!
I am so excited. I needed some extra motivation to exercise and this is it. I'm with Karen, no more fat clothes by my birthday!!
My goal for the challenge is to lose at least 20lbs and get 30 minutes of exercise 6 days a week. I'm off to a pretty good start.

Looking forward to getting to know you guys.
Go Black team!!!
Old 01-14-2008, 07:00 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Hey fellow Black Team members!

I am planning to lose at least 20 lbs in the challenge. I would like to stretch to 23 and get into the 120's.
I follow a low carb woe and try to exercise at least twice a day, 6 days a week.
Often , it's just a quick video in the am and a walk at lunch. I really need to step up my cardio to get rid of more fat. That is my goal for this week.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:08 AM   #11  

Hi!! My name is Kate- this is my first challenge. I want to lose about 20 pounds this challenge and get down to 180. That'd be great, I am on the verge of breaking out of the 2's, only 1.6 pounds to go! I also want to lose weight for my daughter. She is 20 months old- I gained way too much weight when I had her and then breastfeed until she was about 18 months so I used that as an excuse to not lose weight. I have recently recommited to WW on 12/22, and I am on the ball this time!! My fiance and I are FINALLY (after a 3 year engagement) married on October 11th, I hope to lose about 40 pounds by then! Can't wait to get to know you all and lose this weight together!
Old 01-14-2008, 07:48 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 235/150.5/145

GOOD MORNING BLACK TEAM! I'm Bridgette and this is my second BL challenge. I lost around 15lbs last time around and I'm hoping for even better results this time. Let me start with a lil intro. I'm 30, married with a DD who is almost 5. I work fulltime for a trucking company. Most of my spare time is spent running my daughter to all her activities. I love to bake, make jewelry, bowl, watch football, and run. My goal for this challenge is to stay on plan and lose 20lbs.

Kate-You're sooo close to onderland! You'll be there in no time.

MotherMavis-23lbs you can so do it. I like that you've already set a goal for this week. Great job on the planning.

Karma- This is a great place to find motivation. Post often, whether its good or bad, and you'll find the support you need to get thru the rough patches.

Michelle-Glad to have ya on the team. I'm competitive as well, may we kick some Red & Blue Hiney!

Amy-Law School-very impressive, congrats on the upcoming graduation. There's no doubt in my mind you'll be looking hot for that special day.

Bette-A marathon- WOW, you go girl! I hope your foot gets to better soon, so you can get back to training.

Karen- Amen sister on the NO MORE FAT CLOTHES! I actually went to Maurices and fit into their jeans the other day.. It made me feel sooo good. You can do it!

Tatiana-Your baby is soooo cute! Good luck on your weight loss goals.

SoulBliss-HI! I agree that I was overwhelmed when I checked at lunch time on Sunday and there was over six pages of posts. I read em all but then didn't feel like posting. I think this will be much better. This way we can get to know our team members, and if we want to post in the all member forum we can do that too!

Julz-Thanks for being our leader!
Old 01-14-2008, 08:17 AM   #13  
I'm a Loser ;)

S/C/G: SCG: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Hello all! This is my first time playing TBL

I've changed my routine a little bit. I had been following calories, but never really counted them properly.

My biggest goal right now is to follow a weekly calorie menu of 1300 - 1500 calories.

I am currently 222 lbs - and I would like to see 0's Maybe 200 - 209 lbs or less!

For exercise I power walk 4 km (or 3 miles) per day. I am currently starting a little bit of weight training. I love the idea of the "Exercise challenge". My walk usually takes about 30 - 40 minutes... depending on how cold it is outside or how tired I am.

Nice to meet you all!

Last edited by tamaralynn; 01-14-2008 at 08:23 AM.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:51 AM   #14  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Good morning Fellow Black team members. So far I am already down 2 lbs since I sent in my starting weight!

Here are the banners:

and a couple of Avitars:

I have found the easiest way to put them in your signature is to save it to your pc, upload it to a photobucket account and then use the IMG link it provides. Just copy and paste it to your Signature here and hit save.

A lil' intro: First of all I am the typo queen so I hope you all read Typoneze. I'm a 40 yr old SAHM shacked up and living in Sin with my boyfriend of 6 yrs (In March). We met online. I'm a Southern Girl born and raised and he's a damn Yankee, hehe! I have a thing for Yankee's I think... I think this is my 3rd challenge and so far I have been unsuccessful. THAT will change this time around. Anywho, I am hoping to get a job, pay on some student loans and get back into college this yr as well as drop about 80+ lbs, become certified to teach Aerobics and be a Personal Trainer. I haven't worked in 7 yrs so this will be a HUGE change for me but I am so ready. I've been overweight since the birth of my son 14.5 yrs ago but I've been obese for the last 4 and there are SOOO many reasons why this is unacceptable. I am Type 2 diabetic as is my Mother and she's just falling a part and I don't want to follow in her footsteps. I've been a member of 3FC since Oct 05 but left for a bit, came back and couldn't remember my name or pw, so I made a new account and have been here every since. This is my favorite place on the web!

Back in a few for personal's.

Last edited by Diva; 01-14-2008 at 09:32 AM. Reason: ACK! Made myself 1 yr older in intro!
Old 01-14-2008, 09:02 AM   #15  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Personals:

tamaralynn- Welcome to the Challenge! I hope you lose some and are very successful. I'm pretty much counting calories, watching the carbs and mostly following the YOU on a Diet (YOAD) Plan. There's a forum here @ 3FC in the diet section if ya wanna give it a looksy.

dream710 - it's so good to see you again! I'm glad we are on the same team again! Our goals are the same for this challenge! I am hoping to drop 20lbs and be iin ONEderland!

Kate-
You're sooo close to onderland! Hopefully we'll all be there after this challenge or at least pretty dagum close! Good luck!

MotherMavis- I know you can lose 23lbs! I also like that you've already set a goal for this week. Great job on the planning. IMO Planning is the key to this and the best way to stay on track.

Karma- This is a great place to find motivation. Post often, whether its good or bad, and you'll find the support you need to get thru the rough patches. I concur what Dream said. Please post on bad days too as those are when we need support the most!

Michelle-Welcome to the team. I'm not a competitive at all so maybe that's my problem with not losing during these challenges before...hmmmmm...

Amy-Law School? Wow we have anudder smarty in our mix! You go girl! Congrats on the upcoming graduation.

Bette-A marathon- WOW, you go girl! I hope your foot gets to better soon, so you can get back to training. Can I join you?

Karen- I am totally looking forward to shopping for NORMAL sized clothes too. I am too young to be looking so old and unfashiobale! I am ready for some new clothes.

Tatiana-
Good luck on your weight loss goals. I'm glad Salina led you to us. Good luck to having anudder baby too!

SoulBliss-The one chat thread didn't bother me at all but I guess this is a good thing initially to help us all get to know eachother better. I'll prolly be posting in all 3 since all my friends are spread out in al 3 teams lol!

Julz-Thanks for being our leader! You totally roack girl!

Hope I didn't typo! lol