Old 01-13-2008, 03:24 PM   #1  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Discouragement in Calendar Form

So I woke up this morning and I was back up a pound from where I was yesterday morning. I knew this would probably happen but it was still a bit crappy to see.

I dragged my butt to the gym anyhow and my friend and I did a solid 35 minutes on the cross-trainer/elliptical machine (whatever you call it), and I did a good 100 crunches and 50 side bends on either side.

My gym has a little personal log sheet where you put in the dates that you were there, and check off what you did--cardio, weight circuit, etc. As I marked off today's date and checked the box, I glanced back at the other dates from the two years and a bit that I've had the gym membership.

I was so discouraged. And afraid that what's happened before is going to happen again.

September 1, 4, 6, 7 ----Big Break---- October 30th ---- Big Break---- November 25th---- Big Break---- February 12, 13---- Big Break---- March 26th--- Big Break (during which I went to Ireland)---- October 3, 4, 5----Big Break--- and it goes on like that.

I'm so afraid that even though I've gone to the gym this month on the 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, and 13th, that I'm suddenly going to stop going, go once next month and fall back into my incredibly sedentary ways... and gain even more weight. I keep telling myself that this time is different, that I'm gonna keep going this time, that I'm going to reach my goals... but I told myself that every time.

Augh. So discouraged!

On a side note: I have given custody of my scale to a friend who lives across the hall. She's not to return it until Thursday. Woo.

Last edited by Jelbb; 01-13-2008 at 03:36 PM.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 03:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 211/182/150 (For now)

No, all you have to do is MAKE this time different. Don't do what you've done before. You are in total control so you are the only one that can do that. And I trust that out can...good luck!
LynseyLikes2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 05:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Before you weren't part of 3FC, right? Now you have us to keep you motivated and to keep you going back. And like LynseyLikes2Lose said, "all you have to do is MAKE this time different.
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 05:46 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 260.7/153/130

Height: Almost 5 foot 6

just take one day at a time! Time is going to pass regardless so you may as well stay focused, on plan and just do your best.

I'd also say don't forget to take rest days!

Good luck
denialisnthappiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 06:02 PM   #5  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Awww, thanks for everyone's support, I think maybe 3FC will be the thing that helps pull me through this time!
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 10:21 AM   #6  
Working at it!

S/C/G: 159/156/130

Height: 5-3"

Default Me too!

I had to post a response to one of your threads as I'm too new here to send direct responses yet (or maybe I just don't know what I'm doing...?)
Thank you SO much for your response to mt Red Lobster Q...
Anyway a little support back your way***
I too am absolutely sick of starting & staopping. You hear of those people who've tried everythibng & nothing's worked? I am abbsolutely NOT one of them. I diet & exercise & it works! I've just never suck with it long enough & then always just take "BIG BREAKS" This is why we're here, right? I see some of the amazing women on here & their obstacles & I'm so inspired! I absolutely don't envy those haveing really large amounts of weight to loose! It makes me appreciate that my big "predicament" is deciding if it's 20 or 30 lbs that I need to loose. I mean WHAT do I have to complain about? What do you have to complain about? We need to kick ourselves in the butt & just do it!
Maybe you can kick my butt for me now & then! PS I'm a lb up from yesterday too! My game plan is:
*healthier food choices & portion control
*I'm walking with friends for an hour per evening with a goal of at least 3 nights a week...I'm realy excited about that because there are 6 of us. There's always someone to go with!
*I've joined Yoga on Wednesdays (which brings me to 4-5 nights a week of activity)
I'm a bit iffy about my goal weight, but know that I look pretty damn hot as a size 6-8 depending on the clothes.
I started in Aug 06. @ 170lbs. walking & dieting & in 41/2 mos. I lost 20 lbs!
Then I stopped! I went on a cruise in Jan. & never got back on the game when I came home...I've not done anything since. The pic on my profile is my hubby & I this last July. We were in a friends wedding & I was the fattest girl, I hated it, but I have no idea what I weighed because i wouldn't get on a scale! guessing about 160..3 weeks ago, I ate a whole foot long subway with about a gallon of MAYO (YUM!) on it, then I went in the bathroom & cried! I was at 162 Why did I work so hard only to be lazy & pretty much back where I started?
ARRH!
I've been dooing what I do, for 3 weeks. I'm teetering my scale between 154-& 158 up down up down....
Why do give your scale to your friend? Do you think maybe we shouldn't focus too much on that?
Jodi
Jodi N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 10:27 AM   #7  
I just need motivation.

S/C/G: 258/see ticker/145

Height: 5ft 7 inches

Default scale

my opinion is that the scale is not the most important thing, it's how you feel about yourself that matters.

Last week I weighed EVERYDAY I was up-down-up-down. Then I just stopped weighing until Mondays. I would go all week without stepping on the scale but like ONE time. What did I see? A 3lb loss. Only weigh once a week, you'll be more encouraged to keep on than if you see the lb up lb down.

The scale doesn't take into consideration water weight, etc. So weigh on Monday mornings as soon as you wake up, right after you pee. AND REMEMBER clothes can put up to 5lbs on you when you weigh.

Keep your head up, stop using the scale to determine your fate.

I am going to look at a gym this weekend, I think I may get a membership because I want to start swimming..and take KICKBOXING class. Nothing is better than getting fit and learning how to kick someone's A$$ at the same time.
illbehotoneday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 10:30 AM   #8  
is baaaad to the bone!

S/C/G: 145!

Height: 5'8"

Jelbb - the only thing I can say to help you with your exercise - SCHEDULE IT! I am scheduled Monday-Friday 7:30pm-9:30pm...very few things interrupt this schedule - sickness....or a rare event that I feel is more important...otherwise...it's me and the gym...it's like brushing my teeth - I just have to do it - and everyone around me is better for it!
SunshineRunner is offline   Reply With Quote