General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-09-2008, 04:46 PM   #1  

Default Bronchitis

Last Friday night I cracked a rib. I was leaning over the arm of the sofa reaching for my cell phone that was on the floor. After about 10 seconds of leaning, I heard a distinct SNAP. No pain, but an hour later I hurt like heck. Long story short, I saw the doctor and he x-rayed me. Rib #6 is fractured. I weigh 274 lbs. He said the weight applied to the rib is what caused it to snap. I need to lose weight NOW!

His office called me a little while ago and said, upon further examination of my x-ray the doctor sees that I have a mild case of bronchitis. I have to see him again on Friday to follow up. I had a cold last November. Could the bronchitis be caused by the cold? I don't have any symptoms. I'm 51, never smoked, in otherwise good health. I know nothing about bronchitis.

Is this something I should be concerned about? Anyone have a similiar experience to share? What was the treatment and can it get worse? I don't feel sick at all right now, other than the rib pain I'm experiencing. Pain meds are helping with that.

TIA
doglover1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 04:56 PM   #2  
Wow...It knows my name...

S/C/G: 205/184/140

Height: 5'5"

Its quite funny, because I have bronchitus right now. Don't worry - its nothing too serious, its just a build up of sputem in your lungs well lol put basically. You will usually be put on a term of anti-biotics and everything will be in full works again! lol... I'm going to the doctor tomorrow to get my medicine for it... fun!
seranab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 06:54 PM   #3  
I'm a Loser ;)

S/C/G: SCG: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Could there be a chance of osteoperosis? Even though you 270 something pounds, it still seems a little odd that a bone could fracture so easily

I fight bronchitis at least twice a year - I hate it! If you don't have any symptoms, then you're lucky to have had it caught early
tamaralynn is offline   Reply With Quote