Old 01-09-2008, 10:07 AM   #1  

Height: 5'5

Red face Due in Feb will start WW flex after.. advice

Hi everyone,

I just read through many posts and really like what I see here. I am currently pregnant with our first and due in Feb. The passed 3 years I have lost 15+ lbs just by exercising alone, but I think I need to start some kind of healthier eating program too.

I started the pregnancy at 210 and am up 30lbs, so you do the math :-) My biggest obstacle is money and language. I live in Finland, and can't find a group that has English meetings. Plus, I don't have the money to join online at the moment ( due to the mandatory 10 months maternity leave leaving me with just enough to cover general expenses ).

I can get a kit on ebay no problem and I have already made lists with how many points my usual food has.

Also, I have continued to walk 2-4 miles a day every day of this pregnancy, and don't forsee a problem once the baby is here, as I really do LOVE exercise and in fact miss my old aerobic tapes, but I can't find anything on these activity points.

Is there anyone that can help with any indication on how many activity points I can earn and burn?

Many thanks and can't wait to join you guys in a few months!
~regina
mikkolover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 10:47 AM   #2  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

I may be in the minority, but I've never really calculated the activity points. I never felt like I needed them. Remember that if you are going to nurse your ww points will be higher during nursing and then drop down to the regular amount once the baby stops nursing.

How fabulous that you've continued exercising throughout your pregnancy! Way to go! Keep it up with added healthy eating and you'll be back in shape in no time at all.

If I remember correctly, you should not go for more than 4 activity points per day, and they cannot be carried over. Use them the day you earn them, or lose them! Again, if I remember correctly, an activity point is somewhere in the ball park of 30 minutes of moderate intesity activity....sweating, elevated heart rate, can speak but not sing...etc.

Good luck!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 02:20 PM   #3  

Height: 5'5

Talking

Thanks a lot for the detailed replies. I will copy them, make notes and get right started asap, or as soon as pupo is born :-)

Thank you so much, i feel so welcome already!!
mikkolover is offline   Reply With Quote