UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 01-09-2008, 03:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 232/218/182

Height: 5f 6

Default WW advice

Hi folks

I decided to join WW with a friend this week as she really needs the support of a group and I decided to go along with her but I’m a bit worried.

I've been losing weight now since 1st September and have lost 17lbs so far which has been slow and steady. At our first meeting at ww everyone was talking about how they expect to lost 2-5lbs in the first week which would be great if it is the first week of a diet as you always lose more but in my case I could be the only one not to lose weight as I have been dieting for so long and have way passed that "first week loss".

I'd hate to be the only one to say "no loss" when the leader asks people how they've done or even worse a gain. I don't think i would go back if that was the case!

for the record I have been following the ww plan anyway.
scottishdiane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 05:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 290/170/170

Look at it this way: if the other new starters lose big most likely it will be mainly water weight. If you lose it will be a real loss.

BTW I've done WW a few times and know of many people who did not lose in their first week - some people just need more time for their body to adjust.

Kitty
KforKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 06:09 AM   #3  

At the ww I've been at they didn't ask individually how people had done unless you wanted to say. If they do ask everyone at yours and you haven't lost any just say you have been doing it at home so it's not a big first week for you. Which is the truth!

Like Kitty I've seen loads of people at sw and ww not lose in the first week anyway.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 03:14 PM   #4  

I only lost 1lb the first week and maintained the next so not everyone gets the big loss anyway.
sarahgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 04:27 PM   #5  

Once at sw this woman put on in the first week as she thought everything she made herself from a recipe was a free food. She hadn't quite got the plan. She has lost the weight now though.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 12:06 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 232/218/182

Height: 5f 6

Hi Guys

I thought I'd give you an update.

I done it, I lost 2.5 lbs this week which I was really surprised at so now I've lost a total of 20 lbs. Me, losing that much weight. If you told me on day 1 I could lose 20 lbs I'd have laughed at you.
scottishdiane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 01:24 PM   #7  

Well done. then again if you told me I could lose 60 two years ago.....Keep going
sarahgrace is offline   Reply With Quote