Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 01-07-2008, 11:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 270/180/155

Height: 5' 1"

Default Running

Hey girls!
I have been MIA for much of the last two weeks. I've been super sick with asthma issues, but doing much better now.

I think I mentioned to you guys that I got a SUPER nice gym-quality treadmill from DH for Christmas It has all kinds of programs in it and it's fantastic!

I had to wait a while to get on it because of the asthma (my doc said I needed to let my lungs "heal" before I started running), but I am seriously hooked! I started the January Walk/Run challenge on the exercise board, and my goal for January is to run/walk 35 miles. I just started Saturday so I am only up to 2.5 miles so far (I didn't do my running for today yet, I will after work).

Just thought I'd share in my latest challenge so you ladies can help keep me "accountable"!!

Hope you are all doing well!
Missy
FluffyGirl79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 12:08 PM   #2  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

glad you're feeling better Missy! I struggle with lung issues too.

AND

Woohoo for you getting on your gift to your DH and run/walking! That was nice gift for yourself...I mean your DH. Now you both and get healthier!

I have threatened to get rid of the lazy lady chairs in my living room and replace them with exercise equipment! That way if I want to watch Judge Judy, I can get a half hour workout while I do!

With the size of my living room though, it will have to be a stationary tricycle!

Thank you for sharing, I am going to set a new exerise goal now!

Angela
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 01:14 PM   #3  
Old Cackler

WOW!!!!! look at you GO!!!!! congratulations! but i gotta ask, how are you managing the exercise with your asthma? i need to use my albuterol inhaler before i start any cardio, especially in the winter. but my asthma is NO WHERE NEAR the severity that yours is - soooo, how are you handling it???

i might need this info!!!!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 01:35 PM   #4  

I have never been labeled as having severe asthma, and I have never had problems like this before in my LIFE!!! It is actually always been mild to slightly moderate asthma.

When I am running, sometimes I get a little sore in my chest and I have to slow down a little or "take a puff" but really, it's just this darn bronchitis that's making my asthma go crazy.

Normally I am fine, although I've never been a runner so we'll see how it goes after I'm 100% better! Hopefully no exercise-induced asthma problems but I will let you know!
Old 01-11-2008, 12:33 PM   #5  

Hey girls......just checking in!
I'm up to 8 out of 35 miles for the month of January!! woohoo!

I am SO in love with running now. I look forward to it every single day.

It's funny.....I've only been running for a week, and I have already had SO many compliments from co-workers....asking me "have you lost more weight?" "wow, you must be working out!" "you are looking GREAT!" stuff like that Compliments are NICE!!! And........a huge motivator to keep getting on that treadmill. Although at this point, I am totally motivated on my own