Old 01-07-2008, 07:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Default January NSVs

I love the NSV threads because they share everything that we do beyond the scale. If you don’t know an NSV is a Non Scale Victory. They are as I said before everything that is a weight loss accomplishment that is not on the scale such as a new clothing size, I complement, a goal reached, ect.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 07:59 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

I have couple NSV so far, first I went to the store to buy some alcohol and got carded (which is normally because I look young every thought I’m 24) and the casher made a comment about how she believed it is me but wow do I look different.

My second NSV is that I can wear my little sisters tops. She has always been the small one much smaller then me and my other sister. Since I started losing weight one of my goals has been to wear her clothing, well I can’t wear her size 8 pants but I can wear her medium tops.

My last one is actually from December, my grandparents gave me some money to buy a couple of outfits for Christmas and I was buying a hoodie in the mens department. I keep bypassing all of the mediums and looking for a large finally I found one and pulled it off the rack and held it up to me. My sister looked at me and said “put that down it is way to big for you”. I was shocked, tried it one in a medium and it if like a glove!
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:01 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Those are great ones, RHTS!

The only one I have for now is that over the past few days since re-focusing on cleaning up how I eat and re-joining WW I've discovered the art of prioritizing with regards to food... at the end of the day yesterday I had 3 points left, which is enough for a serving of ice cream or a glass of wine... usually I'd have both but I decided I wanted the wine more. So I had that and didn't even blink at the ice cream DH was devouring So NSV = good food choices.
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:57 AM   #4  
BLACK TEAM

S/C/G: 225/219.5/140

Height: 5'5

For me, my NSV was that Saturday I went to the movies with my mom and a friend. Well, mom and friend were devouring movie popcorn w/ extra butter (one of my favorite foods) and I did not have even one bite. I had brought a 100-cal bag of kettle corn and some dried apricots in my purse, and I ate those instead.
misschris531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:35 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'4"

ok, well I have a couple..
they're tape measure victories, lol!

I am only inches away from having similar measurements to what i had in high school (10 years ago for me), and thanks to vanity sizing (my new favorite thing even though i know all the store are lying to me) I am wearing the SAME SIZE as i did in high school. I am approx 40 lbs heavier than I was then, but way more toned and in shape.
so heres the rundown...
bust - currently a 35 - started at 38 - was a 36 in high school. i have NEVER had a bust measurement under 36, even when i was 15lbs lighter (the smallest i was post high school and weight gain)
waist - currently 32 - started at 36 - was 30" in high school. I have a thick, high set waist, and generally wear several clothing sizes smaller than what companies claim for waist measurements because of this - nothing fits at my waist.
hips - currently a 38 - started at 44! - was 36" inches in high school. this measurement generally defines my clothing sizes.

I put on my bf's pants today and they FIT. they fit funny - all the way up to my waist, and they looked really weird, but they buttoned easily and i could move around in them. I am about 5lbs heavier than he is at this point, and 6" shorter but I am almost smaller than my bf for the first time in as long as i've known him (5 years)!! I was NOT this small at 165. this is amazing.
karmuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:17 AM   #6  
BLACK TEAM

karmuz, I am just curious about your measurements, when you give your "before" measurements, are they from when you were at your starting weight of 250? I'm not doubting/criticizing but I am 220 lbs and I just took my measurements a couple of days ago, and I was seeing MUCH bigger numbers than that, was I doing it wrong, or did I just misunderstand your post?
Old 01-07-2008, 11:58 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by misschris531 View Post
karmuz, I am just curious about your measurements, when you give your "before" measurements, are they from when you were at your starting weight of 250? I'm not doubting/criticizing but I am 220 lbs and I just took my measurements a couple of days ago, and I was seeing MUCH bigger numbers than that, was I doing it wrong, or did I just misunderstand your post?

OH. no. you didn't misunderstand at all. OMG. I forget something.. I've been working on losing this weight for years..I started in 2004. I completely forgot to mention that the "before" is from the last time i took measurements in october at 200lbs, where i had been stuck for over a year. i no longer remember what my original before was but i was a size 22 pant when I started my WL journey. I've lost almost 20lbs in the last 3 months, and that's what i'm celebrating. i'm embarassed
karmuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 12:07 PM   #8  
BLACK TEAM

Ohh, well that explains things, lol. Thanks.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:56 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 164/138/120

Height: 5'2"

I had to by a size 4 dress pants!

Just this month I started liking photos I saw of myself. I haven't liked a full body shot of myself in 3 years.
ThePrettyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 01:01 PM   #10  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Ugh... NSV is a foreign concept to me. Time to get back in the game!

I did eat perfectly on-plan during the first workweek of 2008.

More to come (hopefully!). Congrats to you guys!
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 01:20 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

I HAVE ONE! My NSV was not finishing all the food on my plate at one sitting! I have done this twice already because I KNEW I was full and I was able to tell myself to quit eating! Yay! (Yes, I'm still excited about it, as you can probably tell. )
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 01:41 PM   #12  

Height: 5'9"

It's felt like it has been a while for me to have an NSV.

However, I was looking through our thread about what we were looking forward to wearing and I saw one of them on my list was a pair of Seven jeans. I should share that although they are still a little tight in the thigh, I am back to wearing them again.

Last edited by Amberelise; 01-09-2008 at 01:42 PM.
Amberelise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 01:48 PM   #13  
WAF Blue Team

S/C/G: 198/ticker/135

Hi, new here and only been at this a few days but I have a couple of NSV. Having given up sugar in my coffee after a few days it tastes as sweet with just milk as it did with a heaped spoon of sugar. Plus I got into a pair of jeans that havent fitted in a couple of weeks. (not being able to fit into them was part of the trigger to get me off my butt.) I plan on them not fitting again soon, but in a better way!
irishkatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 02:54 PM   #14  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

sunday hubby and i braved taking 2 strollers and walking our kids to a park quite a distance from the house, the walk didnt kill me and i got some knitting done at the park. it was pretty good til our daughter had a meltdown on the way home

scary part is we want to do this again
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 07:56 AM   #15  
Sally

S/C/G: 223/ticker/165

my NSV so far this month is that i gained a half pound on the scale this week which was depressing (it could have been more, but still... a gain is a gain)... so i did my measurements last night... last time i did them was on NYE... i have lost 2" since then.... apparently all the walking is helping.... even if it doesn't show on the scale right away
sxulcmnky is offline   Reply With Quote