Old 01-07-2008, 06:57 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 7"

Default 30 Something Daily Chat Monday 1/7

Okay, today is a new day and I resolve to be good. Of course I haven't left my upstairs yet. I am planning a light breakfast and sensible lunch for today. I have a book that I can write my calories and exersize in too.

As for exersize this week I am working clean up and inventory prep. I expect that there will be lots of lifting, so I am not sure what I will get in today ~ but since I found out the culprit of why our basement was cold, I will also try to get on the balance ball.

Hope everyone has a good day today.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 07:12 AM   #2  

Height: 5'6

Good Monday Morning All!!

Just got off the tread, getting back on track w/working out here. Eating has been pretty good. All this talk of turkey chili makes me want to go to the store & get some stuff to make it!! I actually use a mix "Carol Shelby's" chili mix...my dad used it when I was a kid, I love that stuff. I add ground turkey breast, diced tomatoes w/chiles, and 2 cans of kidney beans...yum!! GG, I agree that it's not dry. I meant that when I've had burgers I like them juicy, and the only kind I like are ground beef, cause they're loaded with fat (which is why I hardly eat them ).

Better get in the shower. DS needs one too and has to get on the bus at 8:00. Today I'll be cleaning and doing laundry. I''ll check back later.

Hope everyone has a super day!!

Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 07:31 AM   #3  
KAR

Morning All,
Glad to be back! I have missed you all. But in my absence I have stopped working out and also packed on about 20 or 30 pounds. So my resolution is to get back on track and lose it this time around. I was doing great when I came on here and chatted with you all. So I am hoping this time around, I don't fall off the bandwagon.
Lisa sounds like you have a sensible plan for the day. So are you still working at Elder-Beeman's? Enjoy your excerise for the day. I got up this morning and did a 30 minute Walk and Jog dvd before hitting the shower and getting ready for work.
Pam you made me hungry for chili too! Hope you get to make some soon. I guess we are in the same boat about the excerise and eating right thing. Hope you get your laundry and cleaning done today. I did laundry yesterday. It seems to be a never ending process.
Hi to everyone else. Looking forward to catch up with you all and getting to know the newbies.
Well I guess better go and get my stuff ready and go to work. Chat with you all later. Have a great day!
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 07:41 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morning all....nothing realy new here to report...another day begins (:

lisa - good luck...sounds like you've got a good plan
morning pam - iknow what you mean about dry turkey burgers...but i actually found one i LOVe. If you go to Racheal Ray's site on food network...she made a spanikopita turkey burger that is wonderful. it has feta cheese in it to help it be juicier.
kar - welcome back..now let's get to it (:

Last edited by GatorgalstuckinGA; 01-07-2008 at 08:12 AM.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 08:14 AM   #5  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

Here's this week's exercise log! Let me know if it's off.

Alicia, the problem there is that nobody can edit my posts except me (or Karen), KWIM? It's no big deal, and I like doing it!

Have a great day all! I'm home today and tomorrow, but have to run and drop the boys off.

Last edited by LBH; 01-07-2008 at 06:53 PM. Reason: fixed table
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 08:16 AM   #6  

S/C/G: Unhealthy/see ticker/happy

Height: 5ft 9in

Good Morning to all,
I am new here and I am 30ish and in need of a chat. You all seem to have similar issues to myself. I to fall off the bandwagon frequently, and then just lie down and let the dust settle on my expanding butt. Falling off is an excuse to eat badly for weeks, and I need to take it one meal at a time and one day at a time. I am planning to plan my days(that sounds funny< LOL), so I keep on track.
Off to the gym, and I will check in later so I can get to know everyone, please bare with me, it will take some time-age and memory loss-he, he, he!!!!
scrappinRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 08:49 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 237/212.6/140

Good morning everyone!

Its off to work I go. Monday's are early release days for us. The kids go home at 2 p.m. and then we hav emeetings until 4:30 p.m. To make it even more fun after that I have to go to a 2 hour class for mentor teachers. It is going to be a very long day. The good part is my mom watches my DS and since DH and I get off so late today she is making dinner. She mentioned shrimp and broccoli stir fry. YUM!!!!

Have a great day!

Jasmine
tanner'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:49 AM   #8  
Strong to the finish!

S/C/G: 295/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

I started working out again yesterday (finally got a halfway decent piece of equipment to pla on - lol) and I started Weight Watchers instead of just counting calories. I really lost focus of the nutrition aspect of things, have had past success on WW and now that I know I have done this lifestyle change for a whole year and can hack it, I figured maybe a diet change was in order since my old plan wasn't working for me anymore... anyway... not much on the agenda for today because I have a boomin' headache. Just a lot of meal-planning, etc.

Lisa - I'm with you! Today is a new day and I resolve to plan ahead and hold myself accountable!

Pam - Congrats on getting back on track with your workouts!

Kerry - Way to go deciding to be proactive and nip this thing in the bud! I'm happy you're back on the bandwagon.

Gatorgal - no new news is good news, right?

Lauren - What day do you start with the exercise for the week? Is it Sunday to Saturday? I'd like to join in in the future.

scrappinRN - I'm a newbie too! It's nice to meet you! You can do this... A quote for you: "If an individual sets an achievable goal and never gives up, they will either achieve their goal, or die trying." ~Matthew Keith Groves

Jasmine - You think I can come over for dinner????? YUM!

Y'all have a fabulous day!

~Megan

Last edited by ekstatikia; 01-07-2008 at 09:50 AM.
ekstatikia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:56 AM   #9  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

ScrappinRN!! I'm a kindof "in and outter"....can't seem to get here and stay, so hope it's okay with everyone if I welcome you. I hope, holidays gone now, to be back for good. I prepaid for 10 weeks of Weight Watcher meetings 1 tuesdays before Christmas....went the initial tuesday and the one following (week before Christmas) and then they didn't meet the last two tuesdays....so tomorrow is meeting day. I have been totally off plan for almost 2 weeks now. I'd lost 3.8 my first week. I'm quite sure I regained ALL of that. I had planned on going back on plan last week after new years, but have had the flu since New Year's Eve. Am just today feeling maybe well enough to not "need" comfort foods. LOL Is that a cop-out excuse, or what?? Anyway, I'm gonna grin and bear the meeting tomorrow. I also started back to Curves when I started WW's. Haven't done that in two weeks also. I don't know if I'm well enough for that yet...still coughing A LOT!! I can't imagine a workout. I am, however, painting a room. That should count for some exercise. lol I haven't started out the day too well....just ate a pancake (with syrup) and a biscuit with jelly...none of which was sugar free!! I guess there's the rest of the day to be good, though, huh??

Speaking of chili, I made chili the other day from deer meat. It was pretty good....a little too spicy for me, but will probably finish it anyway. Hubby loved it....the beans didn't like him at all, though (sorry if TMI), so he's steering clear of the rest of it, thankfully! :-D

Hope everyone has a LOVELY day. I think I'm off to take down Christmas decorations (yes, better late than never!!)
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:29 AM   #10  
Fighting to Lose

S/C/G: 175/175/150

Height: 5'9"

Good morning all,

It is another very foggy day here in Wisconsin. I can't even see the house across the street anymore. The husband is off to work and the son off to school. I went and got new running shoes yesterday. I had put many miles on the old pair. I hate this time of year. It is so dreary here. The daughter and I have to a little shopping later. I am going to go get a new balance ball, can't find the old one. DD decided to outgrow her shoes yet again.

I worked out on the treadmill last night. I walked 3 miles, it took me 45 minutes. I will workout again this afternoon before I pick up son from school. Hopefully I will be able to breath well enough to run. I have had a cold for a month.

CCmomof5 sorry to hear about your grandma. We had that happen right before Christmas. My mother's house is a minefield of sugar. She had gastirc bypass surgery and lost a lot of weight but still eats a lot of crap. I try not to keep it in our house because I will eat it. But, at her house it is everywhere so yep, I ate it.

Talk to you all soon.
Dawn
fightingtolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:35 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Height: 5'6"

Good morning! Another warmer day here - definitely not your normal January weather.

Lisa - glad to hear that you found your basment problem. Do you use a Bosu ball or a stability ball? I like using my stability ball to bounce on whlie watching tv, etc.

Pam - can you find the chili mix at a normal grocery store? It sounds really good!

Jasmine - I hope that your long day went well.

Scrappin - Welcome! How did it go at the gym?

We had our last Christmas get-together yesterday and there really wasn't too much bad food there...I think that I did ok, not great, but better than I would have a year ago.

Hello to everyone else! DH is home sick and I need to run again to get DS out of our room - he keeps asking daddy to play. Have a good day.
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:39 AM   #12  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Lisa, I'm thinking of writing mine in a notebook too. Getting on the computer to do it is fine but then I gotta check "this" and "that". Good luck and what happened to your basement?

Pam when I asked what time the bus would p/u here they said between 630 and 645. Way to early for me (and DS). They start at 750 so for now I will drive them. I am going to try the turkey chili this week I think, but I am not going to tell anyone and see if they notice. Where do you get the Carol Shelby's mix at?

Kar, I know I already said this but welcome back!

Scrappinrn, welcome!

Jasmine, Yay for your mom for helping out, especially with dinner.

Hey everyone else!

I went on a walk this am. I stopped walking a few months ago. It went well and felt pretty good. Until a dog followed me home. I was like great. My first walk here and now I'm freaked out. Oh and he's still outside looking in at me. My backyard slopes up so he's watching me through the dining room. He seems friendly but now I can't let the pups out.

Gonna go and get an estimate for DH's car today and maybe start painting. Diane I'm still painting too. LOL.

Have a great day everyone!
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:22 AM   #13  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi!

Megan, We're tracking from Monday to Sunday, so keep track starting today!

Alicia, good for you on the walk! Funny about the dog. What kind is it? Does it have tags?? If not, and it doesn't leave, I'd call animal control.

Fighting Dawn, Don't push yourself too much (running), you don't want to relapse! Doesn't your mom have "dumping syndrome" from eating real sugar?? My mom had bypass in April and has had problem after problem since. She's currently home on a feeding tube. She hasn't eaten any sugar though, to have that.

Diana, come on, get back on track! Think of the money you wasted on WW if you don't make progress!

Scrappin', welcome to our part of the board! Hang in there and we'll try to keep each other on track!

Hi to anyone I didn't respond too!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 12:17 PM   #14  

Height: 5'6

Megan~good for you with the workout!! Hope you see a difference with the WW.

Jasmine~mmm shrimp & broccoli sounds good...

Diana~alright, get back on track!! Aim for a healthy lunch, girl!! Something that works for me is, I think "how am I going to feel after I eat this?" If I think I'll be mad at myself, I pass. Mind you, this doesn't always work (esp. at the TOM!!). Good luck!

Dawn, good for the 3 miles. at 45 mins,that's a good pace!! Don't push yourself too hard, you don't want to make your cold worse!! I hurt my ankle three weeks ago, still can't run on it, and it's frustrating, but I don't want to make it worse, so I'm sticking with walking & weights for now...

Delta Dawn, what do you mean by bouncing on the stability ball? You have to describe this to me, I have one & don't use it for anything!! Hope DH feels better soon!!

Alicia~ I'm posting my miles in my calendar...kind of a good motivator to see it written down I think. And the Carol Shelby's is at the grocery store, although some stores might not carry it. It's just a really good mix of spices, and comes with a packet you can put in to make it hot, but you don't have to. I love it.

Gotta get luch & back to laundry. Have to finish up my cookies today, too.

Later!
Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 12:23 PM   #15  
KAR

Lauren can you explain to me about tracking our excerise here? I would be interested in it! Maybe this will help me be more accountable and reach my goal by the end of the year.
Alicia, thanks for the welcome back! Sounds like you are going to have a fun day painting. Sorry to hear about your little furry friend that you picked up on your walk this morning.
I am ordered the Bender Ball on Friday. So I am looking forward to receiving it in the mail in a few weeks and trying it out. I need to get rid of my belly fat. I am sick of people asking when I am due.
Jasmine, have fun at school today. What grade do you teach? I have the 6th-8th grade Multi-handicapped class in my school district. I have four boys this year and 5 girls. They sure do keep me hoppin' Your dinner sounds yummy! I think we are eating dinner at our friend's sports pub tonight while watching the Ohio State game.
Well I better go and get my kids started on their afternoon work. Check in with you all later.
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote