Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2002, 07:48 AM   #1  
Running Babe

Default Thursday

Morning All,

Long time no post I know! Anyhoo, I have come down with a good ole case of the flu, missed a few days of school and am now trying to catch up. I had by far the worst experience with water retention yet, but it seems to be subsiding now (jeans that were lose a week ago I couldn't even put on it was bad).

Ah Valentine's Day..... dang it, I'll be single yet again. Oh well, no harm done, I don't need the chocolate (yes those grapes are sour aren't they ).

Oh I am reading the book confessions of a shopoholic and keep laughing out loud, it's so funny.

Reesa: Welcome!

Anyhoo have a good day!

Ali
Old 01-31-2002, 09:02 AM   #2  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Talking It finally snowed!!

Morning!! While most people are irritated that it snowed as much as it has, I personally am happy! I had to brush about 5 inches off my car this morning and it totally ruined my hair and got in my shoes, but I'm happy because I love snow. It makes me feel all cozy...

I surprised myself yesterday--I really didn't want to go to the gym right after work. But I did and once I got there, I didn't want to leave! I ended up spending 1 1/2 hours doing some pretty intense exercise and felt SO good about myself. I weighed myself on the the gym scale yesterday--it said that I've lost 10 lbs in the last three weeks. I didn't argue. I also had my measurements done and have lost two inches off my abdomen (my gym lady said that's where I've lost the weight). I didn't argue with that either.

Well, I slept in a little bit today and need to put my face on. I'll look back later and talk a little more...

Have a great day!
Old 01-31-2002, 09:06 AM   #3  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default And then I forgot to reply to Ali's post...

I hope you're feeling better. The flu is so vicious to catch, I really feel sorry for you. Was it a stomach flu or a respiratory flu? My sister just had the latter and I know it's terrible.

Confessions of a Shopaholic? Sounds like a book I could've written!!
Old 01-31-2002, 09:51 AM   #4  
Bono Fanatic!

I GOT INTO ONE OF THE LAW SCHOOLS I APPLIED TO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just got the letter last night and I am still so excited!!!

Ali - Hope you are feeling better. I have been sick a lot more this winter than usual, so I have great sympathy for you. And we won't miss the chocolate on V-Day, will we?!

Jess - WOO HOO!! Ten pounds down in 3 weeks?? You are doing great!! You should be so proud of yourself!

I'll be back to chat more once I get some work done. (I was a little late this morning because of all of the snow we now have... and it was 60 just 4 days ago... ugh!)
Old 01-31-2002, 11:38 AM   #5  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

JenK: CONGRATULATIONS!!!! What school...but I bet you get into all of them!!!

No time to post...baby crying.

Trish
Old 01-31-2002, 12:04 PM   #6  
Bono Fanatic!

Trish - Thanks! I got into Loyola, which has the best part-time/night program in Chicago. Hope you have time to post later - we wouldlove to hear how little Alex is doing (and how you are doing!)
Old 01-31-2002, 01:29 PM   #7  
Running Babe

Been having fun playing catch up but I am getting things done so I am happy!

Jen K!!!!! Congrats! Oh my gosh, I am so happy for you!! That's great!

Jess: The respitory kind, now my lungs are now deciding to clog up, but I'll be okay.... I am just tend to get respitory problems now and then (I had child hood asthma). Love that Homer BTW (I am a huge Simpsons fan). The book is a HOOT!!!! It's a British book, kind of written in a similar style to the Bridget Jone's Diary. It's soooo funny.

Trish: Howdy

Take Care!

Ali
Old 01-31-2002, 02:03 PM   #8  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Hey chickies! No power at home. Ugh!! Itwent out at midnight and I have no idea when we'll get it back. If you go to www.kfor.com then you should get an idea of what hit Oklahoma yesterday.
I got to work around noon and I'm not really in the mood to work.
But, I'd better get going.
Hi to everyone!
Stay Warm!!!!
Old 01-31-2002, 02:22 PM   #9  
A Yankee in Virginia

Yay, Jen! Congratulations! What kind of law do you want to practice, by the way? I have two friends in law school and two who are lawyers.They keep trying to talk me into going to law school, but if I did a change from journalism, I'd want to apply for the FBI.

Ali: Glad you're feeling better. I didn't have the flu, just the creeping crud, but I have mild asthma so my breathing is always a little affected when I get sick. No bronchitis, though! I'm mad, though, because I've been trying to exercise more and I really can't when my breathing is like this. I get winded very quickly.

I feel bad for everyone with bad weather! It's been absolutely beautiful in Virginia this week, hitting the high 60s every day. We reached 70 yesterday, I think. It was gorgeous. I wore short pants, a short-sleeved shirt and my Birkenstocks to work. I looked like I was going to the beach! But, it's supposed to cool back down to the 40s and rain this weekend. Bleh. You all know I've been kind of blue lately. Well, even though I've been battling this cold, the warm weather has made me feel much better. Even when I was home sick, I'd sometimes sit outside with the dogs and just enjoy the sun on my face.

So, I think I'm going to rejoin WW tonight. Wish me luck!

Jess: Congrats and the loss and inches! Yay!

Hello to everyone else!
Old 01-31-2002, 02:40 PM   #10  
Eve's Mom

Default hey girls...

Quick note to say I am still here, just really busy and I cna' t write right now, but I will later this week...miss you all!

B
Old 01-31-2002, 03:46 PM   #11  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Belle, it's good to hear from you! Hope all is well.
My DH called to tell me we have power at the house now!! Thank the Lord! I didn't want to figure out how to 'move' our kitty from house to house!
I'm not getting much work done, but what's new?
My new weakness is Caffe Mochas. If I get them "skinny" then they are about 3 points. They fill me up, too! Yummy! The place that makes them, The Buzz, makes them not too hot, not too cold, so I can drink them right away! I usually have to put an ice cube in my morning cup of joe anyways!
How is everyone? Whoops, boss is back..............
Closed Thread