Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 01-06-2008, 07:51 PM   #1  
Shrink Spot Shrink!

S/C/G: 324/324/215

Height: 5' 11"

Default Questions about Deliciously Yours

Hi everyone!

After trying unsuccessfully to lose on my own for the past several months (I don't/can't cook and just end up getting frustrated and eating every and anything!) I've decided that the Deliciously Yours program would be the answer to my prayers. But have a few questions. I'd be so grateful if someone would pass on some info/wisdom about it. So...

1) Do you pay a week at a time or do they make you pay for a block of time, say a month, all at once?

2) Are there any hidden fees? From what I can tell, it's about $130 week after the first week, which is slightly lower due to the "free day" promotion they have going on. The $130 is the full week plan + the $20 shipping. But I've been reading about there being additional membership fees and other hidden things that are sprung on you later. Is this true??

3) I work about 3 blocks from home. Will the packing/ice/freshness hold for an hour or two if it should take that long for me to get away from work, run home and unpack it? I have a fear that it'll be a compost pile if I don't get to it within 2.8 seconds of delivery!

4) Is it OK to supplement it a little. I think I'd be better off with about 1500 calories/day and from what I've been able to find, DY runs about 1200. I was thinking about adding maybe a slice of wheat bread with lunch and dinner or some almonds or something each day to put the calories count at a more suitable level. I'm currently about 270 lbs. and fear that if I start out at 1200, I won't have anywhere to go when I lose the first "chunk" of weight.

Thanks!!!
See Spot Shrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:47 PM   #2  
Shrink Spot Shrink!

Called Deliciously Yours today...I'm posting their answers just FYI.

Payment is weekly; no extra fees; cancel at any time.

Meals are packed to allow for several days of transit, so having them sit outside for awhile until you get home won't hurt anything. The guy also said that it's packed in such a way that there shouldn't be any trouble, even in the height of summer.

Meals are delivered W-F only, via Fed Ex. You may arrange for them to be left at your door w/o a signature, but can ask for signature-required delivery, too.

Also, right now they have that "get one day free" thing, which discounts your first week by about $16. However, I asked if there were any more discounts and, there's a promotion that'll get you a week free...8th week is free after you've used the program for seven consecutive weeks. Apparently it's a TV offer--but I'm in OKC, and they most certainly aren't playing here--and requires that you call another toll-free number from the one on the DY site, but I think that saving $130 is worth it! 'Course I hadn't heard anything about more discounts, but I'm of the mind that the answer's always "no" if you don't bother to ask!

Hope this helps other curious souls!

SSS
Old 01-07-2008, 11:50 PM   #3  
Shrink Spot Shrink!

Forgot to add: 800.265.6170 is the TV offer/8th week free number.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:37 AM   #4  
I'm ready, I'm ready!

S/C/G: 203.5/see ticker/155

Height: 5'4"

Thanks, that is great information!
alanadoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 04:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 173/171/130

Height: 5'6"

I too was really paranoid about the food going back before I could get home to unpack it, but I came home this Wednesday after 10 pm and everything was nice and cold, the ice packs were still quite frozen.
KelinQ is offline   Reply With Quote