General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-06-2008, 02:48 PM   #1  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Default NOLA and Mardi Gras for Families

Hubby and I decided at the last minute that we are taking my soon-to-be 9 y.o. son (and one of my sisters) to New Orleans for Mardi Gras. We are meeting up with one of DH's cousins and her family which includes a young child as well. DH's cousin in originally from New Orleans, but currently lives in FL. I am hoping she will show us a locals view of her home city. We have all heard of the crazy things that go on in the French Quarter during Mardi Gras and well, I know well enough to stay out of there with my son. The question I have is, has anyone taken their families with young children to any of the festivities there? From what I have read online, the safest place to be for families is in the Garden District. Any other suggestions for sites to see and places to visit? What can I expect? I am also looking for suggestions as to surrounding cities with shopping and other things to do. Anyone?

I did visit the city around 9 years ago but it was in the summertime. I can't wait to go back.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 02:55 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hi Noelle, If you post this in the "Golden Girls" thread I'm sure you will get some good suggestions. We have one lady there who lives there and her user name is femmecreole. Just thought that I would suggest that to you. BTW--- I'd love to share my snow and cold temps with you...
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 01:29 PM   #3  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Thanks Karen. I will mosey on over there. I am clinging to the sun these days. It's been kinda chilly over here (for us anyway)
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote