Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 11:14 AM   #1  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Smile Thin Wannabee's Chitter Chatter - Welcome Everyone! - Jan/2008

Howdy! Welcome to the Thin Wannabees and a New Year!

Please come join our monthly chit-chat! Everyone is welcome here. We look forward to meeting you!

We all have one thing in common – we want to lose those pounds & inches and have a healthier lifestyle.

There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation – not just in weight loss, but in all of our daily joys and struggles.

Please feel free to post with us – just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms! The more the merrier!

Let’s work together towards a healthier and thinner us in 2008!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR - 2008!
Old 01-05-2008, 11:30 AM   #2  
CJ

Hi everyone!

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and a wonderful New Year. Let's make this our year to reach out goal or at least get closer to it!!

Now that the holidays are over we can all get more serious - no "holiday treats" to be tempting us! LOL

I am getting weighed and measured this Monday at Curves. Going to really get more strict with myself - I've pretty much stayed the same - but now it's time to lose more!

Our Christmas was very nice - even tho hubby was sick and he decided to share with me! I'm still trying to get over my bout, plus I think I have tendinitus or bursidis in my left arm so am struggling with that. Still walking tho - haven't been doing Curves because of my arm but will be back there come Monday morning! I have walked a total of 769 miles at the Sports Plex since Feb/2007. My goal is to get to the 1,000 mile mark by the end of Feb/2008!

We went downstate for a couple days after Christmas - had to see some of my grandchildren - got to meet my great-granddaughter for the 1st time - she is now 7 months and what a cutie!

Rena: Congrats on the new grandson! Great name - Kaiden. I have a great-grandson whose name is Aiden.

OK ... got to get busy here .. am taking down all the decorations. I always hate taking them down and putting them away - but it's got to be done.

Hope to hear from all of you plus any newbies that would like to join us!

This is going to be A GREAT YEAR!!
Old 01-05-2008, 11:33 AM   #3  
CJ

I meant to mention my resolutions for 2008! They are pretty much the same old stuff - drink my water, keep on walking, stay with Curves -- but I am going to work harder at my diet so instead of just maintaining I can lose and I am going to report in here at least once every day! Anyone else??

Love, CJ
Old 01-07-2008, 01:41 AM   #4  
CJ

Hello! I'm here - where is everyone else????????

Well, I said I was going to post every day so just checking in. I stayed pretty good on program today - tomorrow I am getting weighed and measured at Curves. Not much to say right now - been busy getting all the decorations put away - got that job finished at least. Now just need to go thru and clean. Hope to hear from ya all soon!

Until tomorrow - good night

Love, CJ
Old 01-07-2008, 08:14 AM   #5  
Black Team TBL-WMB

S/C/G: 177/173/140

Height: 5'6'

Hello CJ and Happy New Year to you also. I'm hoping in 2008 to rid this excess weight and also drink my water I have to really motivate my self in the exercise department I always mean to but never do it so I'm challenging my self to do this . A little harder in the winter . I feel as though I can do this. I did gain over Christmas so now time to buckle down and do this.I will try to check in once a day also. Have a great week. Rena
Old 01-09-2008, 12:27 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/202/185

Height: 5"4'

Hello again:

I had a great Christmas and new Year. I did not gain weight but did not lose either. I have been going to the gym on a regular basis since October and I have not lost an ounce. It goes up and down the same 3 pounds but it does not go below. I know what the problem is I just dont seem to know what to do about it.....I guess I do know what to do...stop eating so much and that would take care of it. I just dont understand how I could have increased my activity from nothing to what I am doing and not lose anything. It is just so frustrating.

I have actually increased my intensity at the gym. I am now running. Its not fast but it is measurable. I run on the treadmil. I get at least 3 kms of running every time I go. I struggle to do it and its never pretty to see all that fat bouncing around, but I keep at it. I feel that I should see some results. I have not lost anything!!! However that is not to say that I am going to give it up. I will eventually lose weight for now I will concentrate on sticking to the program. I need to do this for me. I drag my *** out the door three times a week. Some days I would much rather stay in bed. It was pretty damn cold here a couple weeks ago. Right now its an early thaw and it feels like spring out. I have managed to get out and walk some outside too.

I hate exercise but its going to help me stay focused. I will work on the food aspect as time goes on. And in the meantime I will stick to my routine of going to the gym and hopefully it will all fall into place.....instead of just fall.....hahaha...

Have a good day ladies, I am off to the basement to do some more sewing on a quilt that I just started for my baby sister. It will be a late wedding gift but it gives me something to do other than eat.

Hang in there and fight the good fight.

Dallas.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:11 PM   #7  
Black Team TBL-WMB

Hello every one just a quick fly in to say hi hope all is well for every one . Catch ya later. Rena
Old 01-11-2008, 02:58 PM   #8  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Default Happy New Year to all of you too!

Hi All,
Sorry I haven't posted since before the Holidays. So much going on since than. First the holidays came and than so much to do to write my Holiday Christmas Letter and send out the Christmas cards, than of course came the Holiday decorating, inside and out and thank goodness helped with that, and of course the cleaning with company coming. Our Air Force daughter, Tracy, husband, Brett and little baby Tyler came a few days before the New Year from Illinois, and stayed almost a week, which was great, got to see 9 month old Tyler and spend some good Grandma time with that cute little boy. So we had a great New Years Eve party so had much planning, shopping and cooking for that. But Tracy was a really big help there and it all got done, had a great holiday, meant to post but somehow things kept getting in the way, on the go so much. We all went to the Indianapolis Auto Show, Son, Dan, Tracy, Kelly and their families, but Air Force son, Alan didn't come this year, he couldn't take any leave, since he just go to Andrews AFB from Korea not too long ago. So we sure missed him but maybe next year. We had fun anyways, it is always great to be with the family during the holidays.

I have a new job now, till May/the end of the school year, and that is I am babysitting for little 2 1/2 month old Grandson, Brandon. I was honored when my daughter, Kelly and her husband, Brian had asked me to do this and is even insisting on paying me whatever they would pay at the daycare cause she says she would have to pay a babysitter anyways and that helps us out. But you know that money will probably go back into my new Grandkids, who me spoil them-NOT ME-well not MUCH! So now I am at my daughters and am staying in their guestroom they have for me from Sunday night till Friday when either her or her husband get home and than head back home about 35 minutes away. She is a teacher and goes in pretty early to work in Indy so I don't want to have to drive her every morning and get up at the butt crack of dawn so this works out well. Brandon can stay home in his nice warm bed and Grandma is having a ball with the little guy. I am really enjoying this so much and don't know why I didn't have Grandkids first. LOL He is so cute and is now watching one of those Little Einsteins DVD's they say really help kids learn. When Kelly told me how he watched them I didn't believe it but he just loves them and is in his little bounch seat clutching his favorite toy, his bear and watching intently. Boy they never had them when my kids were little. The things they have now for the kids. I don't think they even had baby monitors when my kids were little, it was called run up the steps and peek in and listen to see if they were fussing or crying. LOL Yes, I am really enjoying this so much.

It sounds like everyone had a great holiday. I had a wonderful one, but am soooooo glad the holidays are FINALLY over. No wonder New Years is my favorite holiday, now I know why. It is because the holiday season is over and I am done done done with all there is to do. No I am not a bah humbug, I really do love Christmas and everything it entails, it is just because it is so exhausting for me. Now it is 2008, can you believe that? And I look forward to it being a good year for me and for all of you's as well.

CJ-Sorry you got sick and hope that you are feeling so much better now. I know you really loved going downstate and being able to see your Grandkids there, especially it was great that you got to see your new Great Grandaughter for the first time, how wonderful for you and Dick. Good job on all you have walked at the Sportsplex, wow that is such a great accomplishment. I am with you on the serious part of this losing weight. This will be our year right CJ? We will all do it this year!

Rena-Wow that is fantastic that you have a brand new Grandson. I'll bet Kaiden is a cutie for sure. Hope you are doing great this new year. I know whatever you will do you will be successful at it. I hope we all are. Keep on posting because we need each other to get where we want to be this new year.

KimV-Yes, I still do work for H & R Block. I was not going to do it this year, the Office Manager I have loved and worked with for years got a regular full time bookeeping job left suddenly cause this great job came up that she had been presuing for the last couple of years. She was going to work with me and just let me work an occasional Saturday or Sunday to keep my foot in the door with 11 yrs under my belt this year. But now she is gone and I am already hired and went to training so I don't want to put them in a spot, I think I am the only receptionist they have in our office so far. So I guess I will baby sit for Brandon from Monday thru Friday and work Saturday and Sunday at Block. It will only be bad during peak, probally not till Feb/March than I will be done and have the weekends off hopefully.I am not sure who the new office manager will be, will not be in a hurry for them to call me. I know I will hear from them soon. I am so glad your got your computer up and running again, and congratulations on the great grades you got for your classes. I know you worked so hard at your studies.

Dallas-That is great that you stayed the same during the holidays. I wish I could do that, I of course gained, but am working on getting that weight off. I can feel your frustration about not losing any weight, but at least you have the exercise down pat and know what the problem is with your eating and it sounds like you will be doing all the right things this year so you should be seeing results and all your hard work will pay off. Good luck to you!

Well better get going, the baby is still sleeping, but have some things in the laundry and have to pack to go back home today when one or the other comes home. Yaaaaaaaaaaa just think I have a couple of days home, I miss my kitties and of course my husband, but he would say that is the order that I miss them. But I know better!

Take care guys, talk to you later. I will try to post more when the little one is taking a nap and when I can. I tell you this is fun for me but I am tired. I have to go home to rest and recooperate for a while.

Take care talk to you soon! Sassy Sharon
Old 01-12-2008, 09:38 AM   #9  

Hey there everyone:
Another day another few calories burned at the gym. I dont usually go on the weekends but a severe case of stuff my face last night had me up and at it this morning. I will meet again with the trainer in a couple weeks. I have not lost weight but I know my body is feeling it. I can pull my belt in at least on more notch, my clothes seem to hang a bit better so there has to be some good things coming from all this work.

Some days Its a real challenge to haul my *** out the door to get to the gym but if I dont it will not get done. Dave ( my significant other) will go out and brush off the car and even get it warmed up for me on the cold days. He will make sure that there are not any reasons why I dont go. He however is also a culprit when it comes to eating badly. He is fairly slim, he can eat whatever he wants and he usually does. But that makes it much easier for me to eat the not so good things.

I am hoping that this routine of going to the gym will continue once I get back to work. I will not worry abou tthat now. For right now I have a full schedule. I start piano lessons this week and I cant wait. Its very exciting. I have always wanted to play. I have also made some inroads into the quilt that I am making for my baby sister so that keeps me away from food too..

So until next time.. .....enjoy.

Dallas.
Old 01-12-2008, 02:34 PM   #10  
Black Team TBL-WMB

Hello Sassy and welcome back , we all have been busy the Holidays keep everyone going. I'm kinda in a way glad to have every thing back some what lol normal.(Although I have started my Christmas shopping for this coming Christmas .) I have so many to buy for that I start early.

Hello CJ hope all is well in your corner of the world.

girlontheloose66: good job on staying with the gym, I have a hard time with the exercise part of this journey , I mean well but get lazy now and then.

Catch ya all later to you all .
Old 01-13-2008, 03:51 PM   #11  
Black Team TBL-WMB

Hello every one I hope you had a great week end for me more snow on tap for the east coast we lost a lot of it .So begins a new week have a great one.
Rena
Old 01-14-2008, 10:07 AM   #12  

Hey everyone:

yes losinitin07 we are expecting snow here too. I got to the gym before it starts. Usually when the weather system moves up the eastern seaboard we get hit too. Most times not as bad as you guys do but there will be snow to shovel for sure.

We have been spoiled lately. There is no snow left. We had some record highs lately....as high as 15 C. I am not sure what that is converted....all i know is that it was warm enough to go without a coat....the snow just melted and dissappeared. Then we had a pretty heavy rain storm on friday night....it seemed like spring. However the cold weather is upon us again. And once again snow is on the way.

I think that the solution to my not losing weight is to tape my mouth shut. I cant seem to stop eating. However I am not eating any more than I did before I started my exercising...if anything I am eating a bit less. But still no weight loss. I figure I really have to take a close look at what exactly I am eating I think I may have to keep a diary of what it is I am eating. Perhaps I can shave some unnecessary calories off my menu. Its so hard to eat properly..........

Anyway hope everyone had a good weekend, and that the week ahead is a good one.

Dallas.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:51 PM   #13  
Black Team TBL-WMB

Just stopping by to say hi ,I'm really trying hard to watch what goes in my mouth I have been in denial about what I eat for 2 days I have cut way back on my sugar and I noticed that I sleep better and have more energy I don't feel so blahh,I also realize that stress and my emotions play a big part in the role of what I eat ,I'm hoping with this eye opener that I can stop before I do something stupid, now if I could motivate my self to exercise I then may get some where. Hope all is well with every one have a great week.
girlontheloose66 - keep up the good work with the gym , it will pay off for you .
Hello CJ-Sassy-and Kim (hope I did'nt forget any one I did'nt mean to if I did miss ya's hope all is well)

Last edited by losinitin07; 01-15-2008 at 07:54 PM.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:04 PM   #14  

Hello everyone again:

Well another week gone and no weight gone. It is very discouraging to step on the scales day after day and see that there is no change. I feel great I am stronger but still not any thinner. I swear that It is so easy just to say the heck with it and to give up but I am not ready to do that either.

I have been really busy . I have gotten some work done on the quilt for my sister. Hopefully she will get it before her first wedding anniversary. At least now I am accomplishing something. Most of the blocks are about 50% done. I have also started learning to play piano. That is very intimidating. The teacher tells me that I should not stress over it but I do. I so want to learn but it seems to be very daunting. I will go again next week and hopefully it will get a bit easier. I have been practicing. I am sure that my family is tired of hearing that one song repeated (badly) over and over.

So this winter is shaping up to be a busy one for me. Before I know it I will be back to work. However spring seems like a long ways away today. Its windy and snowy and raining all at once. Its not a fun day out ther at all.

Well evreyone good luck and keep up the battle.

Dallas.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:45 PM   #15  
CJ

Hi ya all ... sorry for not posting more but have been sooooo busy .. my oh my the time is flying by .. we're almost into February! We have tons of snow and it's going to get really really cold this weekend! Today was a snow day so no school so had my little Carley all day.

Dallas:
Don't get discouraged about your weight - I do know how it feels I'm a very slooooow looser myself! Did you get yourself measured when you joined the gym? Could be you could be loosing inches. If you didn't I would advise you to have someone take your body measurements. I have only lost 10 1/2 lbs in a years time - but, have lost 23 1/2 inches! Don't give up - keep on keep on! You'll get there!

Rena:
I have to laugh at your post about Christmas - I also have my Christmas 2008 shopping started! LOL ... I have a large family to buy for also - even tho I have cut back considerably - I still buy a lot!

Sharon:
How wonderful that you get to be with Brandon all week! You lucky grandma you! Yes, it was wonderful to be able to see the grandkids - or a few of them ... and especially wonderful to meet my great-granddaughter finally! She's a cutie!

Well, off to bed with me ... I think I've had some kind of stomach flu this week and it's got the best of me .. but, of course it didn't stop me from going to curves and walking! I have 183 miles to go to reach my 1,000 mile mark at the Sports Plex and if I get there by the end of February it will be in one year!

Talk to ya all real soon!

Love, CJ
Closed Thread