Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2002, 04:16 PM   #1  
Life Time 2001

Default Feisty and Sexy 50 and 60's Year Olds #163

Slavika: I know those Onions are killers. But if you enjoy it once a year thats not a bad thing. I have never had one before. They never did appeal to me. When is the day you leave? Sat? Sorry Trudy didnt make it to tea

Karen: Good for you and those size 8's!!!!! Thats great!

Peggy: Think the weather is weird all over. Rellay been a different year. Heard it was in the 60's back east yesterday when its normally snowing. Then out here its freezing.

Ann: Never did get snow. It sure is cold enough to here to snow tho. Been in the 30's Burr......... But it is sunny! One guy came by work yesterday day and said he saw it downtown. I dont know if I believe him...

Have a great day all!
Old 01-30-2002, 06:28 PM   #2  
Net browser

Default Thanks Lily for starting the new thread

H Everybody
I went to the "donist" early this morning (the one who did the implants) and he was very pleased, so I am pleased too. All is well in my mouth.
Later in the morning I went out with my friend for shopping/lunch. I treated myself to a pretty little nightie to take on holidays. When I got home I had some other little things that needed to be washed so thought I would wash the new nightie too before wearing it. Well I decided to try it on and RATS, it has a little bit of lace around the neckline and when you put it on it feels like someone is sawing at your neck . GEEZ, why would they put lace like that on it. So........back it goes to the store.
I agree, sharing one Bloomin Onion a year, well ok maybe two, but that's not so bad. I sure love them. We only ate one in Maui but we have had it when we have gone just for a short little holiday into the States.
We leave for holidays very early next Wednesday morning. It's been so cold here that I am really looking forward to going and so is my DH. I'll come by and visit later.
Old 01-30-2002, 08:30 PM   #3  
Fit and Feisty

Slavika,

Just wanted to answer the questions you posed on the other thread. Yes, you are correct. I do have two children, both were in college when my DH was laid off.

As for the weight department, I did not lose over this period of time. Just maintained.

Glad to report that I am finally getting back down to goal, ONE DAY AT A TIME.

My thought for today: (Remember those?)

~~ IT'S NOT WHERE YOU START, IT'S WHERE YOU FINISH ~~

Take good care everyone. I will drop by soon.

Love,
carree
Old 01-30-2002, 10:43 PM   #4  

G’day all,

I have an hour or so before we need to go out again so I thought I would advantage of this time read the posts and tell you about the wedding.

Thank you all about your kind comments about the photos.

Slavika was wondering about the attendants etc. well the wedding was somewhat unusual to say the least.
Joe and his ‘best man’ are cousins, their mothers are sisters and were both over 40 when they were born. Joe was number 5 and Shannon was number 8, very good catholic families lol. Joe and Shannon have always been very close and had promised each other at a very early age that they would be ‘best man’ for each other when they were to marry. So that is the reason, our son was happy to be the ‘bridesmaid’.
Our daughter’s favourite colour is blue and after trying on a few traditional wedding gowns, she just felt it wasn’t her and then when she saw the one she wore she just fell in love with it. Joe and her favourite flowers are frangipannis and these were used in her headgear.
The weather was magnificent and the whole day was just great.
We feel quite exhausted, we have been out every night catching up and are leaving for Sydney next Sunday. We will take our time travelling back and will be in Sydney again the following Saturday.
We received a call from Beijing yesterday to see if we were available to go there. That threw a spanner in the works. Just as we adjust to that idea we received a call in the early hours of the morning to say that dh is required in Sydney for a while yet!!!!
It is starting to get to me a bit and I will be pleased to be on my way. The longer we are home the more I feel that I just don’t want to do the travel bit anymore.
This morning dh tried out his ‘achilles tendon’ leg and we went for a bike ride along the beach, it was just superb, 28 degrees, a lovely seabreeze, what more would one want. Never mind, there could be worse things than living in a luxury serviced apartment!!!

I have enjoyed reading all your posts and once in Sydney, I will be back posting as usual and.........get back to some normal eating
Keep well all.

Cheers
Maria
Old 01-31-2002, 07:32 AM   #5  

Maria thanks for sharing your special day with all of us. Good luck on the trip back to Sydney. I can imagine that you are getting tired and would want to stay home after all the traveling you have done. Your home sounds as if it is in a little bit of paradise. Ann how exciting to finish your quilt. Would love to see a picture of it. That is quite an accomplishment. Now on to a baby one. How many grands does this make? Slavika I hate it when that happens. I find some labels so annoying that I cut them out. Now you have to go shopping again. Glad that mouth is doing o.k. Lily I agree the weather is wierd. We are going to have it in the 60's today but tomorrow is it going down to freezing. It is hard to figure out what to wear. Don't work too hard today. Time to take the dog for his morning walk. Have a good day,
Old 01-31-2002, 12:52 PM   #6  
Life Time 2001

Default Ahhhh Hawaii!!!!!!

Slavika: Glad the teeth are doing good! Now you dont have to worry while you are away. To bad about the nightie. Hate when I have to return things. Its a pain.

Carree: Yes I remember the quotes. Miss them! Glad to hear you maintain through the hard times. Thats an accomplishment in it self!

Maria: Im sure you are getting tierd of the travel. I know it would drive me nuts. But once you get there you seem to enjoy it. Maybe sometime soon it will end?

Peggy: To weird! We are cold today and then this weekend its is suppose to get warm. Hope it does. I want Spring so bad. But I guess it is coming soon. I need to go to Hawaii with Slavika.

Have a great day all!
Old 01-31-2002, 09:05 PM   #7  
Net browser

Hi Everybody
Carree ahh, yes I do remember, you always had a quote for us and some of us were even passing some on to you. Good for you that you managed to maintain....that's hard to do too.
Peggy I think that some of the labels are sewn with that "invisible thread", which I swear is made out of a thin wire and is used to drive you wacko if you don't immediately remove it. A couple of weeks ago I bought a T-shirt in the same brand as one Trudy bought (just got a different colour). Anyway I remember her telling me not even to bother wearing the T-shirt until I had picked out that label from the neck of the shirt because it was a really bad one. The labels themselves are made out of CANVAS I think, with those sharp little corners. LOL Ok. enough said, I guess you know now that labels are a pet peeve of mine too Peggy.
Maria I have since mentioned about your DD having a male attendant and the groom a female attendant to a couple of friends and they have been to weddings like that here in Canada too. I didn't know that. I think, actually it's kind of cute. Lily that's another thing I hate.....having to return things. Geez, you wait in line to buy something, then you have wait in line to return it, then you have look all over again to try and find something. YIKES
Well, what do you think, did I complain enough for one day? I'll close on a happy note. No school today, so I had my grandbabies here for a bit with their Mom. The "Princess", told me, "Baba, you don't have to do anything, I'm just soooo happy just to be here". That made my day.
Old 02-01-2002, 01:57 AM   #8  
Ash

Hi Maria,

Just had a chance to look at the wedding photos that you have posted plus the otjher ones. I think you have missed your calling, you should have been a photographer. Your daughter is very attractive (I think that she is also like her mother as Peggy said, I also think that.)

Hi to you all,

I have been very remiss and spasmodic in my coming to the site due to personal problems but that does not mean that I miss you all. Things have been very hard over here and they are just settling down once more.
I still haven't read all your posts, and I think that I will start afresh.
How is everyone going. I would love to hear from you.

Love to all ,

Ash/Jenye
Old 02-01-2002, 08:57 AM   #9  

Maria what a lovely wedding, just beautiful.

Here to report that dieting is going well. Still losing away.

Hope everyone is well, I am way behind on posts but manage to keep up with most.

Slavika I know what you mean about labels in clothes. The ones that get to me are the ones that use some kind of metal thread that seems to scratch you every time you move. I wish they would put the labels down in the shirt on the side, geez that drives me nuts.

LilyG, out weather is weird too, what IS going on? Makes you wonder doesn't it. We have been all the way up to seventy here and we shouldn't be over 30. Now we are back down in the 30's.

Well, better run, have a busy day planned! Hope all you gals are doing well!
Old 02-01-2002, 03:21 PM   #10  
Fun Blonde

Slavika - you do not have a corner on the gritching market! Here goes with my whining! We have been without electricity for 3 days and they say it could be up to 2 weeks! How will we stay married? It is so boring. I love to read and watch tv--cannot do either one. I do have a friend where I can go and microwave popcorn. We are able to heat water on the wood stove pretty decently so we haven't missed baths and washing hair, but they are worried that we might also be without water because it takes an electric pump to get the water in the tower. This morning I was at work and turned on lights(!) at 7 this morning. Brought my curling iron and actually watched a little tv. First time I have ever been to work that early--wouldn't miss work for the world. Slavika, your little princess knows just what to say to get the old heart strings fluttering! Have you heard how Trudy's mother is doing? You leave next Sunday, right? Well, snip a lock of Tom's hair and divide it evenly for us all when you see him--sure he won't mind.

All, since Sept. 11th I have been so aware how blessed we are and since losing electricity it has become even more apparent. To be warm and fed and entertained and loved in this world is just such a blessing! (I can't wait until I can be entertained again by tv and books!)

We are going on our mystery weekend starting tomorrow. I will tell you how it was on Monday.
Glenda
Old 02-01-2002, 05:47 PM   #11  

G'day all,

Our last day in Adelaide..........I was up very early this morning and went for a bike ride along the beach, have had my breakfast and read the paper whilst dh, dd and partner are all still asleep

Glenda have fun on your mystery weekend! Sounds awful to be without electricity for so long

Maria Yum I am happy to say that I have all my ww stuff gathered and packed to take with me to Sydney. This last fortnight has not been good, turning over a new leaf as of tomorrow.

Jenye Thank you for the compliment especially when dd rang yesterday to say that she has seen all the professional photo's and didn't want to be rude but they were much better than mine I hope your problems are sorting themselves, the weather is getting a little cooler which I am sure you will appreciate. Mind you, we are going back to Sydney through Broken Hill etc. where as you know it is very hot at this time of year

Carree I do remember you and it is nice to see you back.

to all the crafty members I have decided to set myself a goal and save for a Pfaff Embroidery machine. In Australia they retail for around the $6000 mark, so not something one would buy every day! I have done a lot of research in the past and then dh talked me out of it. So rather than 'bargain hunt' whilst in Sydney, I am now determined to get one of these machines. I have a very old Bernina, which I would never part with. Do any of you know anything or anyone with a Pfaff embroidery machine?

Slavika I may not get a chance to wish you a fantastic holiday so will do that now! I hope you can get to a cyber cafe from time to time, would loved to hear how the holiday is going.

Lily You are right, once I am on my way, I will adjust again. I am looking foreward to getting some work and saving for my new sewing machine!

I leave you all with this little joke someone sent me and I thought was quite funny.

Somewhere between the 5th and 7th Period of Creation:
. . . So God asked Adam, "What's wrong with you?"

Adam responded saying he didn't have anyone to talk to.

God told Adam that he would provide him a companion and that it would be a woman.
God said, "this person, a woman, will gather food for you; when you discover clothing she'll wash it for you. She will always agree with every decision you make.

She will bear your children and never ask you to get up in the middle of the night to take care of them.

She will not nag you, and will always be the first to admit she is wrong whenever you have a disagreement.

She'll never have a headache, and will warmly and freely give you love and passion."

Adam asked God, "What will a woman like this cost?"

God replied, "An arm and a leg."

Then Adam asked, "What can I get for a rib?"

The rest is history...

Cheers for now

Maria

Last edited by flaggies; 02-01-2002 at 05:51 PM.
Old 02-01-2002, 10:03 PM   #12  
Net browser

Hi Everybody I tried to get some long over due jobs done around the house today, so I am feeling a little tired now. Well I didn't work ALL day but a fair amount.
Lily I was back on the net looking up different Hawaiian words and guess what I found? There is a word in Hawaiian that means Alas and it is "aue". It can also mean "oh dear" and "oops".
Jenye happy to see you posting again, and glad your problems are being worked out.
Glenda GEEZ, no electricity. That's like it used to be at the lake years ago, when my son was small. It seemed everytime we had even the smallest thunder storm, the power would go off. I hope you have a fun weekend. I'm looking forward to hearing about it and how it was planned and of course WHO WAS MURDERED.
Maria drive carefully, and thank you for your nice holiday wishes for me. Now about the Pfaff machine you are thinking of getting. Is it a sewing machine that also does embroidery or does it only do imbroidery? A few years ago I went to a sewing convention in our city that had all the supplier booths set up, and Pfaff also had a booth. I didn't realize that the machines cost so much. What are some of the things that you hope to do with one? I spoke to Trudy and her Mom continues to do well.
Good night all.

Last edited by slavika; 02-02-2002 at 12:20 AM.
Old 02-01-2002, 11:11 PM   #13  

Back again!
Everything is packed except my laptop! We are getting to be experts and doing it in record time.

Slavika here is the site with information about the machine I want to 'retire' with
http://www.pfaff-us-cda.com/2140/f_2140_randb.htm

What really got me going again was when a friend of dd came to visit with her baby. She had a very plain denim bag with the baby's name machine embroidered on. It was in a crazy sort of font in many bright colours and it looked great. DD and I were talking about the simplicity of it and how effective it was. We then thought of kids hats (the foreign legion type) and the name embroidered on the flap would be both decorative and useful. We brainstormed all sorts of things I could do, especially for her children when they come along in years to come
The other thing I like is that you can do your own designs on the home pc and download to the sewing machine, or download designs from the net.
So there you go, it would be a hobby and all my friends will get gifts with machine embroidery on it
I just have to have a goal for when all this travel finishes.

Good to hear Trudy's mum is recovering well.

Now I must definetly be off

See ya
Maria
Old 02-02-2002, 12:25 AM   #14  
Net browser

Default Oh Lordy Maria

Maria YIKES, I must be losing it. After I read your original post about the Pfaff embroidery Machine I went to do a search on the internet to see what it was like and came up empty. Now when you posted again, and gave us a web site, I thought Geez, that's strange that I didn't find anything when I searched. LOL LOL , I must be more tired then I thought. I was spelling the name "Pfatt" and that's the way I had it in my post (I have since corrected it). Ok, I will now go and look at the web site you gave us, then I'm off to bed. Good night Maria.
Old 02-02-2002, 06:56 AM   #15  
Life Time 2001

Default Getting close to seeing Tom S.!!! Im ready and packed dont forget me!!!

Slavika: That was so nice of Princess to say you didnt have to do anything
She is so precious. Shes loves her Baba. See those Hawaiian's know how to talk! Thats what it means! Oh dear, woe is me.........ALAS. Not to long for you and you are off!

Jenye: Sorry to hear about the problems, hopefully they are settling down for you.

Maria/Yum: I hear you. Usually here its in the 40's during winter. But this year its been in the 30's most days. Think the wether is really screwed up.

Glenda: Oh my! No lights for 2 weeks? Whats going on? Enjoy the mystery trip! Sounds like so much fun! I remember last year when you went, you had a great time. Cant wait to hear about this one!

Maria: Cant help you on the machine. This is the uncrafty person talking who knows absolutly nothing! Loved the joke! Have a safe trip back to Sydney. Machine looks pretty fancy. Looks like it does it all. Maybe its something I can handle!
After all it does have a puter in it and a mouse to.

Trudy: So glad your Mom is doing well.

Woke up at 3:00 this morning. Have been doing this all week. Today I got out of bed as I didnt want to miss my WW meeting. There is a friend there that has been going about as long as I have have and she hopefully will get to 100# gone today. Dont want to miss it!
Closed Thread