PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 01-03-2008, 10:22 PM   #1  

Default Pin-pointing Ovulation??

I am hoping that someone here can help me with a question..hopefully someone has maybe asked their dr. or has read it somewhere?? Does anyone know how many days PAST ovulation you usually get your first pre-menstrual sympton such as sore BB's?

I am thrilled that for over six months now..for the first time since I was in high school really...my cycles are normal length. I am getting sore BB's around CD23...with AF coming around CD27-29. I know there is someway that this has to co-incide with ovulation?

Any help?
Skinny4baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:54 PM   #2  

I don't know about symptoms but I do know that you have your period 12-16 days after ovulation and that you are considered very fertile a few days on either side of that. But the day you are most fertile will be a day that you cervical fluid is stretchy and colored like eggwhites. If you want to know more than that I really recommend a book called Taking Charge of Your fertility. It was recommended to me by my doctor and has been so helpful and that is where most of that information came from. Hope that helps!
pedsowk82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 09:23 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 290/170/170

Ovulation normally occurs sometime mid-cycle so for many that would be 12-14 days after the start of your last period. When I was having trouble conceiving with my second it dawned on me that I was ovulating a little earlier than is usual and when I did conceive with my daughter I know it was only day 9 of my cycle (well conception might have been a day or so later).

Kitty
KforKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 08:52 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/211/180

Height: 5'7"

I don't think pm symptoms will really help to pinpoint ovulation, they're different for everyone. You can usually bet that you'll ovulate 14 days before your period, and if you want to know for sure you can try charting your temperature (fertility friend.com has free charting and will figure out the date for you) or ovulation kits work well too.
cheerio is offline   Reply With Quote