Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 01-03-2008, 09:45 AM   #1  

Default Anyone know how many calories while TTC?

I've been TTC since Sept, and have put on a few lbs.
I am wondering if anyone knows how many calories I should be consuming per day while TTC. I know they say you should not be dieting - but gaining is not a healthy state either.

I dont want to lower my chances of getting pregnant, but I really want to lose weight.

Any advice???
KTna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 10:13 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Calories for maintenance are going to vary per the individual. The only way you can see what maintenance calories are for YOU, is to test yourself.

How many calories are you eating per day? Journal your food for a few days, and see what the average is. Then, adjust to your individual needs.

Weigh in, and record your weight. Try eating 1800 calories a day for a week. Weigh in again. If you stay the same, that is maintenance for you. If you lose, up it to 1900 the next week-and weigh in. If you gain, lower it to 1700 the next week.

And so on.

Maintenance calories are going to be different for everyone.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 10:14 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

However...if you are still wanting to lose weight, then simply go with your calorie range for weight loss.

In my experience, eating a low calorie diet (as long as it isn't too low-lower than 1200 a day) of healthy, real food, doesn't affect conception.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 11:56 AM   #4  

Awesome, thanks for the reply!
I have been feeling guilty about eating too little, and my husband is worried that I'm not getting enough. I am taking prenatal vitamins and I think I'm ok.
KTna is offline   Reply With Quote