Old 01-03-2008, 09:18 AM   #1  

Default Can't decide, I need help

I'm new here and haven't joined WW yet, but as soon as I get home, I'm going to. I just don't know which is the best plan for me. I'm out of town alot, so was thinking online would be my best pick. But, I've read that sometimes there is a problem with the online WW. I guess, My question is, if I sign up at a meeting and get hard copies of what I need, then can I go online to check in on my weight, journal and support from and or help from WW when I'm traveling. I'm 68 yo and need to lose almost 150 #, so this is going to be a long journey. Thank you for any opinion you might have.
Missy Prissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 09:47 AM   #2  

If you sign up for meetings, I am pretty sure you can go to meetings anywhere as long as you have your WW book. If you chose the montly pass option- you also will have access to e tools. You also do not have to weigh in at the same meeting EVERY week, if you are gone for a few days you can do your weigh in at a different time. I just love the meetings for the support, accountability and ideas.
caitbeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 10:34 AM   #3  

Thank you caitbeans...I guess what I was also asking was, if I join at a meeting, can I then use the online service for when I'm out of town. We travel the USA in a Motorhome and sometimes we are way out in the sticks enjoying the peaceful beauty in America. Nice ,but sometimes not to close to a town. Then I would have to find a meeting at the right time. I know I will give up after just a little bit of that.
Old 01-03-2008, 05:36 PM   #4  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

There is also WW at home, for $100 or $120 for the deluxe kit you get program materials http://www.weightwatchers.com/plan/hom/package.aspx it also says on WW that online members can buy starter kits, but I couldn't find what was in them.

Good luck, to you. I find that having the camper (motorhome in your case) actually helps me stay on program, just like the house, I don't stock it with alot of junk and having the kitchen to prepare your own stuff is so much better than eating out every meal.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 06:06 PM   #5  
weight watching

The monthly pass might work for you. Then you pay one fee ($39.95) that includes the online tools AND the meetings. It's cheaper than paying for meetings and the etools separately. And if you miss a meeting, you don't have to pay for it (you've already paid for it, in effect). This way, if you're traveling and near a meeting (and you can easily find one online) you can go to the meeting with your membership book and get weighed -- and it might be interesting to see how people in other places work the program! -- and if you're far from civilization, you can skip a meeting and weigh the next week, when you're home.

Whatever you do, good luck to you.
Bloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 06:30 AM   #6  

Thanks for the comments. Now, I'll check into the monthly plan. I'm excited to get home and get on with this. I've been trying to get there since I got home back in November, but with the holidays,decorating and one excuse after another, here it is now in January and I'm out of town again. So, next Monday I'm going to join and will have to put that at the top of my to do list. I think the Flex Plan will be the best choice for me. Also, I lurk on this site as much as I can and it is so encouraging to read the support and tips for everyone.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:57 PM   #7  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

This site is great. I'm as addicted to it as my online games site
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote