Old 01-02-2008, 09:08 PM   #1  
Of course you are

S/C/G: 195/185/125

Height: 5'4"

Question Anyone else exhausted during induction?

Okay ... I know the first induction week on Atkins is rough, but this is crazy. I don't remember feeling like this. I am so exhausted!! My husband says that cutting carbs and eating more protein should give you more energy, but I think my body is on strike til I give it chocolate. Has anyone else felt totally run down during induction? does it get better? I've never been able to stay on it more than a month, but it's the only thing that actually works for me. I'm not craving bad things ... I just feel like I'm getting the flu. And I've had my flu shot!!

Thanks!!
Squidward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 09:29 PM   #2  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

this will continue until your body has switched from burning carbs for energy to burning stored fat for energy. It will pass......then you'll have heaps and heaps of energy!!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 11:13 PM   #3  
My body in 6 mos!

S/C/G: 161/See Ticker/120

Height: 5'3"

I seem to have more energy but I've had a headache for the last three days since I haven't eaten any sugar. Hang in there because I know this woe will work. My stomach already feels flatter!
deedee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 06:50 PM   #4  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

It will pass. I always have tons more energy after the first week. Taking vitamines and drinking lots of water seem to help.
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 11:27 AM   #5  

I know exactly what you mean. I've done induction before, but this time I am so tired! I think it may have something to do with the let down after the holidays, both the physical and the mental let down. But last night I could not keep my eyes open! After dinner I sat down and fell asleep immediately. I never do that!! I hope it doesn't last too long because I've got stuff to do!! But it's only day 3 for me, so I won't worry until I've been on induction at least a week.
lynnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 02:00 PM   #6  
My body in 6 mos!

S/C/G: 161/See Ticker/120

Height: 5'3"

Yeah, my headaches have gone away but now I have another weird problem. I can't seem to get to sleep at a decent hour. I'm so hyped up and I still haven't eaten any sugar for 4 days and I cut out coffee in the afternoons. Has anyone else gone throught this? I'm not going through Atkins induction but I am cutting out all white carbs such as sugar, white rice and potatoes and any high sugar fruits. My diet is mostly protein and veges.
deedee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 04:36 PM   #7  
On my way to a better ME!

S/C/G: 250/ticker/135

Hi! I am so happy to have found this thread! I started induction on Dec 31st. SO this is my 5th day. I've lost 8 pounds so far. This is so hard to follow. I mean, the food is just so boring---right?? I just choke down each meal and say "keep your eye on the prize, it's all worth it!"

This is my third time trying atkins. The last times were like 7 years ago! This time around it seems easier, but I am really lightheaded. And I am finding it really hard to run on the treadmill. I was doing at least 25 minutes to 40 minutes, but yesterday it was all I could do to do 15 minutes. I felt like I was going to die! I felt nauseated when I was finished. And I think I sweat more than I ever have before!
My doctor told me to do atkins to get the last bit of weight off. I am sure that it's working,....but it's kind of hard!
Rocker Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:01 PM   #8  
Of course you are

S/C/G: 195/185/125

Well, this is day 6 for me. I was a little discouraged because I had lost 5 pounds the first day, and 2 more by yesterday. Then I get on the scale today and I gained 2 pounds. I almost caved last night but held on, then this morning the scale was being mean. But, I am proud of myself because for the first time instead of caving today I kept on. I was a lot stricter today. I had an egg and some bacon for breakfast, a big salad for lunch and a big salad for dinner. I was feeling really lightheaded right before dinner so I had 2 tablespoons of crunchy peanut butter. That helped. I'm really glad I didn't give up.

The food actually seems to be a little better this time around for me. The stores now have snack-sized cheese blocks, and they are making almost everything low-carb. I bought some nuts and cheese today to start having as a snack. And i totally forgot about the jello with cool whip. I love that!

I'm still sooo tired though. I was late for work this morning because I overslept an hour while my alarm was blaring. Plus today i noticed my legs were getting really tired the more I walked. I did feel a lot better during the day today though.
Squidward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 09:43 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 203/157/125

If you are strictly following the Atkins Induction plan, 2 cups of salad plus 1 cup of other veggies does not give you 20 grams of carbs. So, you may need to up your veggies. Since you keep restarting, you might want to consider stopping Induction right now. Start adding more veggies to your meals. Also, try making your salads with a few cups of raw spinach and a few cups of lettuce, instead of just lettuce.

How much protein are you eating? There should be 5-10 grams of protein per meal for a total of 30-35 grams per day. And you should only have 4 ounces of cheese per day.

Most importantly, make sure you are getting enough calories. You need to find a website that will calculate your BMR and add 200 calories to that total. You will still lose weight but this way is easier to maintian for the long haul.
sylvia78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 01:03 PM   #10  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Hiya LC'ers! We have a Weekly Chat Thread here in the forum - chatting the ups and downs of our journey = c'mon in!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=130510
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 01:20 PM   #11  

Are you eating enough calories?
JerseyGirl69 is offline   Reply With Quote