Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 01-02-2008, 12:13 PM   #1  
RNMOM

Default Taste?

So there are a few different meal delivery systems out there. Which one tastes the best? Do any of them taste good?
RNMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 07:04 PM   #2  
Lose Weight in 2008!

Height: 5' 3"

I JUST ordered Deliciously Yours and will get my first delivery on Jan 10. I will let you know, but I've heard that the food was great!

I was also on Jenny Craig before. Their food is pretty good. I heard Nutrisystem's food was yucky, though.
BabyNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 06:10 PM   #3  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

I'm on NS. I like a lot of their foods, some don't taste good at all to me.
Now I only have the foods that I really liked on my autodelivery - and it works out great!
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 06:07 PM   #4  

anyone tried diet to go low carb, how those it taste, variety etc?
oseybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 02:03 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 215/192/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by oseybaby View Post
anyone tried diet to go low carb, how those it taste, variety etc?
While I can't speak to the low carb option, I'm on day 2 of the low fat and the few meals I've had have been absolutely delicious! And I'm a serious foodie. I totally won't be unhappy eating this once a month.
harrypotterybarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 10:22 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrypotterybarn View Post
While I can't speak to the low carb option, I'm on day 2 of the low fat and the few meals I've had have been absolutely delicious! And I'm a serious foodie. I totally won't be unhappy eating this once a month.
thanks, how is their customer service, substitution etc. I ordered DY, but was thinking about trying DTG. I wonder which is better?
oseybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 12:51 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oseybaby View Post
thanks, how is their customer service, substitution etc. I ordered DY, but was thinking about trying DTG. I wonder which is better?
I just looked at the menus and DTG sounded a bit more appetizing to me. I haven't had to substitute anything yet, but I think I may in week 2 (there's an mushroom omelette with Brussels sprouts that I don't think I'd be too keen on). I'll let you know if they get that sub right.

As for the CS, I haven't had to deal with anyone yet, all I did was submit my order online, got a confirmation and tracking a few days after that, then my food arrived.

The only "complaint" I have so far is that the reheating directions are very vague and basically the same for every meal. So you may have to work out your own cooking times and methods. But so far I haven't burned or underdone anything.
Old 01-13-2008, 06:18 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 165/129/115

Height: 5'5'

Jenny Craig food is AMAZING... yummy... ESPECIALLY the Double Chocolate Cake! The first week is difficult because of the small portions but when you get used to it you'll love it... when I go into the center I always get extra deserts because my friend and my mom loves the cheescakes :P
blondeblueeyedbeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 11:42 PM   #9  

Default JC food - love it!

I was on Nutri-System years and years and years ago, back when they had centers, and lost a LOT of weight over about 10 months....and the whole time, I was just looking forward to being able to eat anything with taste to it....

The JC food, I think, is really good - have only found about 2 things that I really don't like much (one of them, the fajitas, is just because it's so messy to try to make in the microwave; the other, the rising crust pizza, just because I only HAVE a microwave, and so can't bake it like I should! Although I have to admit, it wasn't bad even when stuck in a non-rising microwave oven!) Favorites: I could eat cereal forever, and the Complete Start cereal is wonderful. The lemon cake is great - I'd buy those things even if I wasn't on JC anymore. Love the fish & chips, and the turkey burger (small, but really good!) And while the Anytime Bars are chewy beyond belief (a toothpick comes in handy), they're absolutely wonderful to have at work when everyone else is grabbing a candy bar.

Sally Lou (down 19.8, 52 more to go!)
SallyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 12:34 AM   #10  

I've just finished my first whole week on the low fat D2G plan and I can honestly say I've eaten tastier food in the past week than I have in ages. If you're a visual person (food has to look good) then you may be disappointed. But, please, if you do try the meals don't be put off by the looks. The picadillo looked absolutely disgusting but it was beyond tasty!

I'll report back after my next week to let you know the tastes of another week.