PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 01-01-2008, 04:02 PM   #1  
Just A Rolling Stone

Default Yes, yes another girl with PCOS

Hi, I'm PJ.

How cliche is it that I sign up for a weight loss group on January first?

To be honest today is hardly the start of my journey. My journey starts 10 years ago when I had my gall bladder out at the tender age of 14. After that the weight just started to pile on. Well, at least that's what we always thought. 8 years later we found out the truth. I have PCOS.

So I started met, I ate right and in about 5 months I dropped 50lbs.

Huzzah!

Then I just hit a HUGE brick wall. All of my careful lifestyle changes went right out the window and I've gained about 30 of those pounds back.

My husband and I really want to start a family, and our RE has already told us that I need to be below 200lbs before they will start me on any type of ovulatory stimulants.

My husband is in the military so at the end of this year we're going to be heading to our next duty station. I REFUSE to get to the next station fat.

I have all the tools, I know what I need to do and it's time. I deserve happiness.

I wish all of you a happy new year full of health and good decisions!

akapjthegreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 06:51 PM   #2  

You can welcome me into that cliched group, too.

I have been lurking around the forum for a long time, but my doc just diagnosed me a couple of weeks ago with PCOS after my 3rd miscarriage. My hubby and I have been ttc for almost 3 years. We can get pregnant, but I can't seem to stay pregnant.

My doctor had a real coming to Jesus meeting with me about how I have not followed his diet advice. His heart was breaking for me, but he gave me some tough love and an rx for met.

During the Christmas season I have been really depressed, mostly because of the m/c. I know my husband and I will become parents one day, even if I don't have a baby myself. I know that I should take care of my body better in preparation for that.

I feel like I have wasted a lot of time! But I guess there is no time to start like the present, even if it is on a cliched day

Glenna
txchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 07:02 PM   #3  
Just A Rolling Stone

Glenna, sorry to hear about the miscariages... I can't even imagine what that must feel like

It's amazing how so often we know all the answers, but we sabotage ourselves.

Let's make 2008 the year we give ourselves permission to succeed!
Old 01-01-2008, 07:20 PM   #4  

Welcome ladies-
Glenna sorry to hear about your miscarriages. Good luck sticking to your changes this time and geting and staying pregnant!

PJ your story hits home for me. I too lost a lot of weight and then gained most of it back and am determined to stick to my good changes this year so my husband and I can get pregnant. I am 25 and found out in August that the PCOS and inulin resistance are why I put so much of my weight back on. Good luck on your journey!

Ellie
pedsowk82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 08:10 PM   #5  

We ARE going to stick to our plans this year!
txchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 02:53 PM   #6  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Height: 5'5

how's day two going?
HoosierHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 06:52 PM   #7  
Just A Rolling Stone

I'm sick, my husband is sick.... my diet is kind of the last thing on my mind right now *cough, cough*