Old 12-31-2007, 01:34 PM   #1  

Default January weight loss challenge

My dear dear ladies, how I have missed you all! Lekhika, how are you girl? jasons lea, piggin podgey, seasoning, and allllll of you! I miss our team and miss you all more than words can say.

I happened to be home today nursing a cold and came in, I thought it's perfect timing to start our new month. I am not one to start a thread and than not post regularly so hoping I can get my tail in here more and get back to our awesome group!

I hope to see you all here, all are welcome.....please feel free to join in at any time. We simply state our goals for the month ; weight-wise, inches, weigh in days if applicable, and or just healthier changes. OUr ultimate goal here is for support, etc.

My goal for this month is to re-instate my health regiment (making it a way of life, something that I let slip past few months). My clothes are tight ladies, I have put weight back on and went full steam ahead into the carbs and everything else! It's time to pull myself together in this regard and so this is my goal. No weigh ins for me right now, I am going to go by my clothing and basically work re establishing healthy eating and living!

I look forward to seeing you all, hearing your news, and starting a healthy new year together

I am ok ladies, my dad is still in rehab and had a few setbacks along the way but is making progress again....physical therapy was on hold a while as he took ill but now they started the process again and hoping and praying for a speedy recovery for him. Aside from that ladies, nothing else much new here. I go see my dad just about every day. I had christmas eve here at my house and had my mom sleep over a few nights. We have had a lot of snowwww!

Happy new years eve to all of you!!!! I hope you all have a beautiful night. I am happy and excited to be back ....and looking forward to sharing our goals, support, etc.
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 01:44 PM   #2  

Hi again ladies, my smiles did not get pasted so here is a big for you all and a big Hope to see you all soon
Old 01-01-2008, 05:21 AM   #3  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

FSA! So good to see you baby! Glad to hear that Dad is doing okay. You know I'm in for the new month, first of a new year! Let's rock people!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 07:02 AM   #4  

Height: 5'8"

Hey, everybody--happy New Year! I'd like to join in the January challenge. A few goals: weigh myself this morning and then not step on the scales until February 1. And lose ten pounds (which should be doable, 'cause I've been eating like crazy). Journal my eating every day. Also going to quit drinking coffee in the afternoon.

Last edited by MsLizzie; 01-01-2008 at 07:03 AM.
MsLizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 10:41 AM   #5  

Hi ladies, Happy New year!

Jasons leaaaaaaaa, hi there girl ty for that nice hug, right back at you! So nice to see you hun. Indeed, let's rock it!

Mslizzie and that goes to all. Lizzie, that sounds like a great plan!

Hope you girls had a great new years eve. We got takeout and I was very good in the drink department (1/2 drink) due to my bad cold really! I slept well and feel better today and am ready and eager for our month, one day at a time : ) Once again, Happy New Year......wishing you all health and happiness and a fantastic year filled with good things.
Old 01-01-2008, 11:23 AM   #6  
BLUE team

S/C/G: 238/ticker/138

Height: 5'7''

Happy New Year. Today I was 163.6 and the goal is 5 pounds for the month, so I'm aiming to be 158.6 by the end of the month.
jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 12:24 PM   #7  
Time for a change!

S/C/G: 245/234/170

Height: 5'5.5

Hi All,

Can i please join??? I need an added boost to get me and keep me in line.

I weighed myself this morning (see ticker) and ive been being good and logging what ive had to eat all day so im hoping to keep this up by keeping the book in the kitchen - only problem is i crave sweet things - i have been good this morning - bar the cup of coke i had this morning at 6.30am when little one got me up but im determined to be form now on and have been all day. Just trying so hard nto to raid the biscuit barrel.

Im not going to weigh myself until 1st February now and im hoping to get about 10lbs off but more importantly i wan tto be losing inches too so i have to get the workout routine into order - especially with the belly and bum (sit up machine and step machine here i come!!!) as these are my two biggest problem areas which i hate!!!

I look forward to getting to know you all and look forward to keepign the page updated with how im doing.

love
Sam
x x x x x
LittleLostMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 03:35 PM   #8  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

Lizzie and Sam! Oooo I just thought of a former fave show when I typed your names! LOL

Welcome back Jordan.

FSA ~ First year I could legally celebrate NYE and I'm in a new state with no money, friends, or car. So I stayed home and listened to music and stared at the computer screen.
Old 01-01-2008, 03:45 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Alright girls - I'm back!

Jasonslea - I missed you! How is TX??? Aside form the no money thing... My goal is on the ticker below for Jan/Super Bowl (feb 3). I weigh in on Sundays - so it references the 30th (I have OCD with everything having to start at the beginning of the week)

This morning though I woke up and weighed myself because I was also in the New Years Challenge... I'm at #185.2!! It's only #.3 away from my NY goal... I'm proud!

I wrote a long blog regarding revamping my goals and such - you can read it if you like. but basically for the months Jan - Mar my goal is to lose #7-#10 a month. Obviously I'm working towards the high end - but setting the ticker to the low end.

I promise that I won't disappear again!
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 04:02 PM   #10  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

Eny ~ Everything's going okay. I like my job, the people are nice and because the atmosphere is better, I don't mind going to work and doing my relatively easy job. In Birmingham, the atmosphere was so toxic, I never wanted to go to work and that made me furious cause it's one of the easiest jobs out there. WTG on the WL! I'm proud of you! I'm going to check out your blog right now.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:12 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 287/252/165

Height: 5 ft 4"

Hi ladies! For some strange reason my computer at work still lets me sign in under pigginpodgey, but at home I had to sign in as stillpiggingpodgey, so Ive got two names now!! LOL!!
Lovely to see all the familiar people here again, and of course the newbies to get to know!!
Totally agree with you FSA, Ive been the same the weight has piled back on, im up to 223 again. Sigh. So time to get things going again, this is a brand new year, and Im setting myself a goal of losing 25lbs this year, this year is going to be a good year for me, i think scottish man is going to propose, and im not going to be a fat fiance!!!! First things first then, for January im setting myself a target of 4lbs. Deep breath and here we go!! We can do it ladies!!
pigginpodgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 11:01 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 175/155/125

Hi everyone, I'm back for this month. I was sick over new years with the flu, but I'm feeling better now and am ready to get moving and losing in 2008! I weighed myself this morning and I was 155 lbs. I hope to lose 5 lbs this month and get my first foot on the wall at curves.
Glad to hear everyones doing well.

Last edited by soon2beslim; 01-02-2008 at 11:01 AM.
soon2beslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 11:14 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

piggin - how exciting for you!!!

barb - welcome back - and remember stick to plan and you will do good!

Jasonslea - I'm glad things are going better at work. It always helps all aspects of your life when things feel in order. I'm trying to get into a groove here at work since I just switched departments right before Christmas.

I'm also fighting a horrible cold - i'm doing better todaythen yesterday - but still not up to par. Bonus of colds - weight loss yea - that's the only one. I haven't worked out since Thursday - I tried to do some yoga last night, but my nose started to drip too bad when I was doing the downward facing dog pose... so I gave up. I'm hoping to get into it again tonight. I need to.. I know it'll help my body feel better and not so achey. I just want to feel better!!!
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 03:23 PM   #14  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

STEAAAMMM!!

STEAMORAMA

STEAMALIMADINGDONG!

I am well! GLad you're back. Still trying to lose the last few pounds.

Glad your dad is making progress!
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 04:11 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

I wish i had time to read everyones personals but i'm suppose to be folding and stuffing bills at work. I would love to join a month to month challenge. I don't know if my real weight is 141 or not right now....TOM and eating op for the holidays...but I think i would like to set my january goal to be the following....

1) lose 5 pounds (be back down to 136)
2) go to the gym at least 4 times a week
3) eat OP as much as possible
4) drink at least 64 ounces of water every day (including weekends)

I hope to get a chance to really read everyones personals and make sure i say hello to everyone. Looking forward to "looking great in '08!!!!"
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote