Old 12-31-2007, 06:44 AM   #1  

Height: 6'0"

Default Thin4Life - Week of 12/31/07

Hello, lifers.

This is probably the last time we'll be writing 2007 on postings. I can't believe how fast the year has gone. Goodness. For some of us though, we're probably glad to see 2007 go. My husband's illnesses are best forgotten. Believe it or not, he is still coughing from that bronchitis that he picked up weeks ago. It is so stubborn.

I had a great Christmas week. Did lots of visiting and eating (of course). Well, 2008 I'll get back on track.

Went to see the movie, "National Treasure" yesterday. It was entertaining. I know that it didn't get good reviews, but it's fun to watch. Helen Mirren is in this one and she's great.

What is everyone doing New Year's Eve? We have been invited to a house party. It's been a while since we were invited to one, but it should be nice. Last year I think we were in bed at 9:30.

Lori, So sorry you were sick last week. I hope you enjoyed some of your Christmas.

Happy New Year everyone. I'll be back at work on Wednesday. Although I've been off work for a while, it has still gone fast.
Domina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 12:15 PM   #2  

Hi ladies,

We were suppose to get a lot of snow last night through this morning but we "lucked out" and only ended up with 4 inches! This has been one of the snowiest Decembers I can remember. Yes, I'm glad to ring out 2007....2008 can only be better (she says knocking on wood).

Anyway no big plans for New Years Eve, we're going out to dinner with my sister and brother in law and will most likely be asleep before midnight.

Lisa enjoy your house party tonight. We would like to see a movie this weekend and National Treasure and Charlie Wilsons War are 2 we are considering. Hope your DH gets rid of that bronchitis soon.

Lori I hope you're feeling better.

Melissa congrats on getting cleared to go back to work!

Hi to Susan and everyone else...Have a wonderful 2008!
McHoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 04:09 PM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Okay ladies I'm going to try this again--for some reason I lost my whole post!

I'm looking forward to the New Year--hopefully it'll bring a healthy year for all of us! This past year has been crazy with graduation, wedding, surgeries, etc. I'm ready for life to settle down a little!

Lisa: I hope DH's cough settles down--it seems as if the cough lingers on and on for those who have had colds here this year. No major plans for this evening--we're going to take it easy and most likely watch a movie or two. Don't know if we'll stay up until the appointed midnight hour--we'll see. We're planning on making a couple of dips and some snacks so it shouldn't be too bad.

Pam: We 've lucked out with the snow--it seems as if your area has been getting hit a lot more and harder than we have! We've had some snow in the forecast but it's never materialized. We still have alot of winter ahead of us so the snow is sure to get us at some point. I hope DH is recovering well from his surgery and that they've gotten his meds straightened out.

Lori: I hope you're feeling better--the holidays are no fun when you're not feeling well.

It wasn't bad going back to work last week--my boss took Friday off so it was pretty quiet. I didn't have a lot to do when I got back so that was a good thing. Next week should be quiet too. I'm ready for the New Year and getting back on track with my eating, etc.

My best friend is scheduled for a breast biopsy this Thursday morning--I'm hoping it's nothing but we won't know until she gets her results.

Happy New Year everyone! Here's to a healthy 2008!
MelissaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 06:12 PM   #4  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Happy New Year!

I am feeling better - thanks for the well wishes! I still have a little chest and nasal congestion but I am certainly good enough to go back to work tomorrow. I'm actually looking forward to it.

I'll post more tomorrow!
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 08:18 PM   #5  

Lori: Glad to hear you're feeling better. There's nothing worse than a cold that hangs on.

I'm back to work tomorrow too--I'm looking forward to getting back to a more regular schedule with eating and work. I've had my share of bad eating these past few days. One good thing I've stayed out of the Chex mix!

Pam: We're finally getting hit with some snow--it started this afternoon and we're supposed to get 6-12". The snow belt will see more (12-18) so winter is here. The weird part is that the weekend forecast is calling for temps in the mid 40's. Strange weather for us.

I hope everyone had a good holiday. More tomorrow!
Old 01-02-2008, 01:41 PM   #6  

Hi ladies!

Well we got about 6" of snow and it's pretty cold here today (21) but the sun has made a couple of appearances making you 'think' it's warmer than it is! The roads are icy in spots so you really have to pay attention.

I went to my meeting today at noon and was down .6!! I am excited about that especially since I haven't had a WI since 12/12! The meeting was good--we talked about Relaxing-Recuperating-Refocusing for the New Year. I know I need to do that!

My biggest downfall lately has been keeping my journal so I'm really going to focus on writing everything down this week.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:46 PM   #7  

Hi Ladies,

We got hit with a double whammy of snow on Monday and Tuesday. In total probably 8 inches. Tonight it's getting into the single digits but it looks like a warm up this weekend with temps maybe reaching 50!!!! What a crazy winter, but I'll certainly take all the warm temps we get!

Melissa yeah for your loss and getting back into your normal routine. I'm trying to do the same. Today was my first day back to the gym since John had his surgery. I always feel so much better after a workout. I looked in my journal and my weight is exactly the same as it was last year at this time. I think this is where my body wants to settle but I would feel so much better if I wear 5-10 lbs lighter. I'm going to do it this year!

Lori I hope you enjoyed your first day back to work.

Well ladies hope your 2008 started off well. Talk to you tomorrow!
Old 01-03-2008, 07:03 AM   #8  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Almost back to 100% now. Work was OK yesterday, but I was still pretty tired. Hopefully this weekend I will catch up on lots and lots of sleep. I think I just need to get back into my old routine too and once I do that it will be a lot better

Lisa - How was your New Year's Eve party? I went to see The Might Mighty Bosstones play in Providence New Year's Eve. It was a pretty good show!

Melissa & Pam - I was hoping for snow here in RI but all we got was rain
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 08:05 AM   #9  

Height: 6'0"

Happy New Year! This morning it's 32 degrees and that is very cold for my area (wind chill is 23 degrees). I wore my turtleneck and slacks to work. Believe it or not, there is no heat in my building! It has A/C, but not heat.

My new year started off with my dad in the hospital. At first he was told that he had had a minor heart attack, but after one day in the hospital, he was told by his cardiologist that he had traumatized his heart by coughing so hard! Have you ever heard of that? He has had a bad cold for a week or so and the cough was so deep and hard. I'm glad that he's back home.

DH is still coughing some, but not as much. I cannot believe how long this has lingered.

I came back to work yesterday and it was really slow. Most people are still off on vacation. I caught up on some filing and reading.

All of you have had so much snow. I hope you stay warm.

Melissa, You rock--congrats on the loss. Do you think your female problems were causing you so much trouble with your weight in the past? Maybe your hormones were wreaking havoc. I'm glad you're back to work. You wrote yesterday where you said an entire posting had disappeared. That has been happening to me for the past couple months. I wrote to the 3FC webmaster and was told it was an unusual problem. It seems to happen more often when I select the quick post.

Pam, Good for you for going back to the gym. Is DH doing much better?

Lori, Also glad that you're feeling better and that you're back to work. I don't know about you, but I had to come back to work to stop eating. I was eating even when I wasn't hungry.

Hello to Susan. Hope you're well.
Domina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 08:15 AM   #10  

Happy New Year to all. Did you make any resolutions?

I went to a friend's for NYE. It was quiet; the kids entertained and the adults ate too much and drank a little. The next day, I went to two different parties but was home nice and early. To tell the truth, I'm glad it's over.

Weigh-in yesterday went better than I expected. I gained the .6 that you lost Melissa, but I am not complaining since my eating in the week after Christmas was not good - too much junk food.

Sorry to read that you weren't well Lori; glad you're getting back to normal.

Pam: We've been hit with a lot more snow that usual so far this season, and today it is bitterly cold. Folks are reeling from 7 snowstorms since mid December. Luckily, it usually turns to rain here so while we have more snow than usual, it's far less than it could be...

Lisa: That's quite the bronchial infection that your DH has. Hope it clears up soon. Has he been running through it or did he take some time off?

I am back to the gym on the weekend. Just can't seem to myself organized this week, and it's probably crowded with all the resolution folks. I am gearing up to get there early in the morning since I don't seem to stick to an after-work regime.

We have four more weeks of this current At Work program, and my goal is to get back to my goal weight. That's just over 5 lbs, and it's entirely do-able. My personal goal is still 5 lbs below that, but I can chip away at it with regular meetings once this At Work is finished.

It's unfortunate, but I really don't like this particular At Work leader's style. I know several of the other members love him to death, but he doesn't do it for me. We had a replacement leader a week before Christmas, and she was inspiring, with helpful tips. She also encouraged discussion. The regular leader talks a lot about his own method of maintenance, and while he can be amusing, I'm not finding it particularly helpful.

Have a great day!

Susan
Seasaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 09:09 AM   #11  

Good morning! Another cold day here in NW PA...only 23 degrees! A warm up is coming with temps projected in the mid 50's by Sunday! We've had some strange weather lately.

Pam: I checked my weight last year at this time and I'm up 2# from that which isn't bad considering everything that's been going on. I know I can get the scale to move downward it's just a matter of focusing on it. I'm the same way with getting in my activity--I always feel better after I've done it. I'm going with my friend today at noon to walk (indoors). I've missed our noon walks on Tuesday/Thursday so it'll be a good time to get caught up. I noticed your DH's name is the same as mine How is he doing?

Lisa: It must be cold without any heat--I know up here when the temps start to change and they don't have our heat on in our building here at work we freeze! I hope you're able to stay warm today! I'm not sure if the female problems, coupled with the thyroid were the culprits to my weight problems but we'll see--I'm hoping that they were contributing factors and now that things are hopefully straightened out that I'll be able to get my weight back to where I'm comfortable with. It's quiet here at work too--no students until the 14th so the campus is pretty quiet. There are still a number of people out on vacation.

Lori: Glad to hear you're feeling better-sometimes getting some extra rest is the best thing you can do. I know that when I'm on a regular routine of getting my sleep, eating, activity that I feel better.

Susan: The only resolution I made was to make sure that I journal every day. I figure that's one thing that I can do and it's not unrealistic. I truly expected a gain at the scale yesterday because when I had my jeans on New Year's day they felt "tight" in the legs. Susan, you know you can attend a meeting at a Center even though you're signed up for an at-work series; we have members do that all the time here. You definitely have to have a leader who inspires you and I believe that fostering discussion is important to the weight loss/maintenance process. I love my leader.

Today is DS #1's b-day so he and his wife (still can't believe that one!) are coming over for dinner tonight. I made his favorite (lasagne) and I've planned out my day accordingly. I have one day of keeping my journal under my belt and am working on Day 2!
Old 01-04-2008, 02:42 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 200.6/174.4/150

Height: 5'6

Hello,

I am new to this thread and back on weight watchers after months of slacking off and gaining back every single pound I lost .

I had lost almost 40 pounds, and I am pretty sick about gaining it all back but also excited and motivated to take it off again... this time for good. I went to a WW meeting this morning and I am the exact same weight I was when I started weight watchers in August of 05', right down to the .6 at the end of the BIG 200! I know it's bad. I had lost 30 lbs between 08/05 and 12/05, and then another 5-7lbs by march of 06'. It started w/ a plateau and then it became a small gain, and then I don't know... I just lost control.

Since this morning I have felt that control back... at least some of it. I know I have a long road ahead, but I know I can do it. I just need some support. When I started to think back about what changed when I lost control, I thought about this site. I stopped logging on because I thought I didn't need support. I was beyond this, no offense. I was wrong I know, but I really felt as if I was above it all.

Well that's my weight loss story... the sfort version.

As for me. My name is Tanya and I used post often on the the same threads as Lori, Hello Lori!. I am almost 29 and I am happily married with a two year old son, Jackson. We are your basic young family. Tackling potty training, house building, and college loans. I am a nursing student and Rick (DH) is an aviation manager w/ US Air.

Hope no one minds me joining in. I'd love to hear your stories and any advice. Talk soon. -Tanya
tanya1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 02:58 PM   #13  

Welcome Tanya!!

We're all in different phases of our journey and you'll find a lot of support and ideas here. We'd love to have you join us!

I've been a member since 1999 and over the past year or so have struggled to stay within my LT range. I know for me after a while you tend to "loosen" up with some of the choices you make in terms of foods, activity, etc. You've taken the all important first step and that's recommitting yourself to the program.

I've struggled with keeping my journal and that's what I'm working on now--it's so easy to slip out of the habit of writing things down so I'm taking it day by day, meal by meal and not beating myself up for not doing it previously.

I need support so I still attend weekly meetings and post here. Do you attend meetings or follow the on-line program?

I got a little ahead here and should've introduced myself--I'm 45, married to DH for 25 years, have a newly-married son (23), and have another son who is 16. I work at a university and have been here for 25 years. I enjoy walking and love visiting tea rooms when I get a chance.

We look forward to hearing from you
Old 01-04-2008, 03:06 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 200.6/174.4/150

Height: 5'6

Hi Melissa,

Nice to meet you. I am so happy to have returned to a place where people are so supportive and helpful... people who know what I am going through.

I do meetings and I also use the WW online tools. I just went to my first meeting in months. I am committed to keep up with the meetings and tracking my points. In addition to not looking for outside support, not journaling my food and not drinking enough water were two other big reason that I "fell off the wagon".

I enjoy the gym, and I get great energy form exercise, so that won't be a huge issue to get back into. My work out clothes are another story,
tanya1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 01:12 PM   #15  

Hi Tanya, nice to meet you. I also live in MA but I'm in the Western part of the state. My son has been living in Boston (north end) for close to a year now and loves it. Let's see...I'm 45 years old and have a wonderful DH and 2 wonderful children. My DS is 24 and my DD is 19. I've been on weight watchers since 2002 and my weight has been going up a bit over the last year. Right now I'm about 5 lbs over my "comfortable" weight and I'm bound and determined to get these pounds off. Good luck to you, I hope you will continue posting with us!