Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 12-30-2007, 02:36 PM   #1  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

Default I wanted you all to know..."I WAS afraid and insecure"

I wrote this in a thread but wanted you all to know how much finding this board has meant to me.

"Jiffy, when I first started reading the posts on this site, I was grateful that I found a place where everyone was open, knowledgeable and cared about each other. I needed a place like this where I could express how alone I felt, how nervous and unsure I was about having this surgery and whether or not I was capable of doing something so drastic...that was entirely for me. I have been working hard on my issues of low self-esteem but I have always done everything for everyone else.

I have a great family and counselor but I really needed to talk about my fears with people that understood more then most. I knew that this "adventure" would be no walk in the park and I was afraid and insecure...

Now, having talked about those things and having been heard and reassured, I feel soooo much better! I'm able to relax knowing that with all the struggles of post-op, I can come here and get the support I'm sure I will need.

I do know what I want, I have wanted this...and fought for it for 3 years. I am no longer afraid of doing what I need to because I don't feel like I am alone anymore...I have this board and you all!

A place where I could even be my silly self and not be asked to leave!

thanks,

Angela"

Last edited by missangelaks; 12-30-2007 at 02:39 PM.
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 03:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 262/218/145

Height: 5'4'

You can be silly all you want to! I'll tell you one thing, I was so relieved when my surgery was over, and so happy with myself for doing something for me, that I had a smile on my face when I woke up in the morning and when I went to bed. I just couldn't keep from grinning, that's how happy it made me.
Lolow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 05:38 PM   #3  
Laura Croft in Progress

S/C/G: 198/159/125

Height: 5'9

you should never feel alone and afraid, and I'm glad you made the discovery that we've all made here, and have shared yourself with us!! your story helps so many!
miss highmaintenence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 07:03 PM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

I'm so glad your comfortable here, I believe thats what 3FC's is all about. A place where women like us can go and talk, lay our hearts and souls on the table and not feel like any less of a person for doing so. We are a family.

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 03:25 AM   #5  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Forgive me its 20 after 3 and I'm still up but this is in my head from reading your Posts
Singing:
"We are Family! I've got all my sisters with me! We Are Family! Get up Everybody and SING!"
Ok now I'll stop channelling my inner drag queen!

The best thing about 3fc is we're all in the same boat. We're trying to get healthy or stay healthy and in a sea of rampant unhealthiness (remember I'm from Jersey!) this place is an oasis!
I'm glad you joined the fam!
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 06:42 AM   #6  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

Angela:

When I first came to this site, I was a mess. These people are caring, wise and straightened my head up on a lot of things with regard to WLS and other things. I learn something here everyday and hope I can give back like I've been given too.

Be silly all you want! Life is tough and levity is good for the soul! My mother tells me that I'm getting goofier, just like my grandmother, as I get older. Good! She was a wonderful caring woman and so very funny and enjoyed life.

I listen to people on the website talk about their struggles and their joys and gives me a better prospective about life since my world had gotten very small with being obese and struggling to just get up every morning.

Believe me WLS is so worth it!

Now about belly dancing!!! I'm afraid that if I started belly dancing right now with this belly jelly, I would set off something that would be rated very high on the rickter scale and wipe out a bunch of people. Since I no longer have a "bosom" I think I will take up Irish Line Dancing. Look for me on a PBS special in the year 2010. Now who is being silly! LOL!
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote