Old 12-29-2007, 11:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 153/153/130

Height: 5'7

Default Finally admitting I have a problem

Hi Everyone,

I have decided I DO need help. My husband died 18 months ago and since then have out on 35 pounds. I know why I eat. After some soul searching I know it's to protect myself. My DH committed suicide after I found out some pretty terrible things. I think that the fatter I get, the more I keep other men away. Well, I am tired of looking like this. I am starting a new job next week and I want to start over...start fresh!

I have to stop eating until I am sick. I eat WHILE I make dinner, then I eat all of my dinner plus my girls' leftovers. THEN, while I am cleaning up, I eat a PB&J sandwich. Then I just feel sick....but then I eat the kids' chocolate from their stockings. I have got to stop.

Every morning I wake up and think...'this is the day' I start off with a bowl of oatmeal and 1/2 cup of blueberries but by lunch, I have fallen off the wagon AGAIN......I go to McDonalds and get stuff for me & the kids but get a cheeseburger for the 'ride home'...(I live 2 minutes away)... I am tired of this.....SO....I am going to give this a shot and hopefully being here will help me in my journey.
Krista
innchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 01:30 AM   #2  

Good luck innchick! I wish you much success.
onion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 07:16 AM   #3  
This is the Last Time!!!

S/C/G: HW283/GW170

Height: 5'5"

Oh, I feel your pain, sister (although, not for the same reason). In 2006, I lost nearly 80 pounds. Since October 2006 and yesterday, I have put back on 50. Ithink my reason is similar. I was getting A LOT OF ATTENTION from men..........and I liked it. So much, that I thought I would do something I should not (I am married, not terribly happy, but not unhappily either--he is a great guy). So subconsciously, I believe, I started to eat, and eat, and eat. Sweets was my thing, when I have NEVER been a big sweet eater in my entire life. But, once I got some sugar, I was like a crack whore, I could not get enough.

So yesterday, I said enough is enough. I feel and look like crap and I am sick of it. I went to the grocery store and stocked up and I was so proud of myself, I did not buy one thing not on the list....and no junk!

So come on Krista, come join me and let's do this once and for all.
HadEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 12:11 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/125/135

Height: 5'2"

Hey there-

One of the awesome things about OA is that we learn that "we can't". If we could, we would have by now. But, God can.

God can remove our obsession with food.
God can give us the willingness and ability to be abstinent from compulsive overeating.
God can give us the strength that we need to forgive others and love them right where they are.
God can give us the ability to be honest with ourselves and others-- yes, even with the stuff we swore would be a secret to the grave.
God can fill that hole inside of us with peace and contentment. It's that hole that we keep trying to fill with food, and it just never gets filled.

You have found an amazing gift in OA. There are thousands of other OAers out there learning right along side you, and they are here to support you.

Welcome.
marny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 08:37 AM   #5  

Welcome, Krista.

What we cannot do alone we can do together!

patd
patd is offline   Reply With Quote