Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 12-26-2007, 08:15 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 350/215/180ish

Height: 5'6

Default The waiting Game......

The psych eval was a breeze. The psych was very, very nice. We basically just sat and talked about the surgery. She wanted to know what I thought I would be getting out of the surgery as far as results. Then we talked about how I would have to eat after the surgery and my at home support system. It went alot smoother then I thought it would.

I went for my last weigh-in. I gained 3# but I don't think I REALLY gained anything. I have been very, very bad about taking my "water pills" and also the meds that I have to take to make my TOM come. So I am sure that has something to do with the 3#. If I would not have gained the three pounds then I would have maintained my weight for the last six months....I was a tad disappointed by that BUT....I know if I was not watching what I was eating I would have gained more...alot more

So all of the paperwork has been mailed off to the insurance co. I am anxious to see what they say. I am worried that they will say no but I am prayying, and praying that whatever the answer I will be able to accept it.

I will come back and let everyone know what the insurace companies decision is as soon as I get it. I feel butterflies in my tumy!!!!

Blessings to all,

Chrissy
FlourGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 09:22 AM   #2  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

Chrissy,

Got my eyes, legs and fingers crossed for you!!
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 12:35 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 316/SD300/254/180 RNY 3-4-08

Height: 5'8

Default There with you

Chrissy,

I am there with you. I also am waitng the decision of the insurance company. Hang in there and I know we will both be hearing good news before you know it.

Jen
whitelion30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 01:02 AM   #4  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

It's nerve racking to wait but I have all possible things crossed as well!

Hugs for you!

Angela
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 09:58 AM   #5  
Old Cackler

you passed your psych eval??? YOU?? LOL!!!!! you were worried, but we all knew better!

congrats on having cleared yet another major hurdle. fingers, toes, legs, everything else crossed for you!!!!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 11:10 AM   #6  

The phone rang this morning and I looked at the caller ID...my heart was in my throat. It was the Dr. He was just calling me to let me know that they mailed off all of the paperwork to my insurance company. I have butterflies !! Please continue to pray for me as I go through this...it's alot more of an emotional rollercoaster then I expected!!!! HERE WE GO!!!!!!!

I will come here and let all of you know exactly what and when I find out!!!! The Dr. said it usually takes 3 weeks for an approval so I figure towards the middle of January......Maybe I'll be having my Surgery in February???? Just in time for the nice weather to come and to be able to walk outside!! We will see....

Blessings to all,

Chrissy
Old 12-29-2007, 03:07 PM   #7  
Buffalo Girl

S/C/G: 220/209/128

Height: 5'1"

Hi, Crissy - good luck! Know the next couple of weeks will be VERY long for you, but I have no doubt everything will be fine. Just tell those butterflies to chill out and you'll have good news in no time! Sounds like all your i's are dotted and t's are crossed so you don't have anything to worry about. Let us know as soon as you find out!! and, Happy New Year!

Last edited by GrammyRN; 12-29-2007 at 03:13 PM.
GrammyRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 07:17 PM   #8  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

I'm holdin' my breath too! 3 weeks is a long time not to breathe though... Mabye we should breathe in and out just very slowly.... Oh, I am so excited for you!

Angela

Last edited by missangelaks; 12-29-2007 at 07:18 PM.
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 07:50 PM   #9  
Old Cackler

whew! good grief - this has been a long haul for you! but we're with ya, babe. praying, hoping, sending warm thoughts.

you'll be fine. after all, look what you proved to the NUT!!!!!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 05:13 PM   #10  

Thanks everyone. As soon as I find out I promise that I'll come here and let everyone know!!

Blessings to you,
Chrissy
Old 12-30-2007, 05:32 PM   #11  
Laura Croft in Progress

S/C/G: 198/159/125

Height: 5'9

i'm another set of fingers, arms and legs crossed for you!
miss highmaintenence is offline   Reply With Quote