Old 12-25-2007, 02:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Default Weekly Chat Dec 24-31

Whoa I've never started a thread before, I feel like I'm stepping on someone's toes...
hope there's no trick to this!
Anyway it's the holidays (duh) and i know we're all busy, but I just wanted to check in with you ladies. Are we keeping on plan? Biting off Santa's head and throwing out the big jiggly belly? Nibbling on a piece of pie and then pushing away the plate? Just one sip of eggnog?
I hope everyone's enjoying their Xmas and thinking about how much easier our weight loss will be if we don't let ourselves slip down that guilt-greased slide that I know I've encountered! I drank a bunch of wine last night, but like a true dieting alcoholic, didn't eat much and so managed to stay under my daily calories. Not the best habit but...errrr...it's the holidays? Excuses, excuses...
On the plus side, I've turned down the morning eggnog and omelet this morning, instead making myself a big ol' salad, and I feel great for having done so. Boyfriend bought me some yoga gear so I'm motivated to go to a class tomorrow, and I signed up for a 45 min boxing session at the gym on Thurs.
Sorry this is so long...I guess I have a lot to say!! Oh and on weigh in this morning I am .5 lbs away from my Dec goal!!!
Hope you're all doing well,
Sonja
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 03:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

No holiday calories for me! I didn't go to my mother's this year and we are having a simple meal...no sweet potato casserole, or homemade yeast rolls, or dressing, or ham, or whatever else is full of carbs and fat and calories...lol. I want it sooo badly though..lol. I didn't even buy a pie this year. It's all for the best, I'm sure. My DH got me an mp3 player this year for Christmas. I can't wait to get into the gym with it. I know it will help me so much to keep my mind off the time and just go with it. I already downloaded some fast-pace music to keep me going.
Not weighing in today. I've decided I'm going to make Thursday my official weigh-in day...I don't know why, that's just the day I want to do it.
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 06:49 PM   #3  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Height: 5'5"

I've been eating sugar non stop. Chocolate to be exact. I don't know if that will end anytime soon. Oh well. The last big meal of the holidays happened earlier today. I've been eating so much and working out so little I find I'm never hungry. Not fun.

On a non-weight related note I ruined Christmas for everyone here. Yep. I'm a horrible horrible person. I didn't mean to. It was just a small stupid moment on my part.... I shouldn't have opened my big mouth. Now my mom is depressed and me, my brother, and my dad are stuck in the middle. It sucks majorly. Anyone else ever ruined Christmas and felt like a complete a$$?
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 11:18 PM   #4  
clean eating chick

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats tongue View Post
Anyone else ever ruined Christmas and felt like a complete a$$?
Um, my dark blue jeans got dye all over my mom's cream chair. I don't think DYE comes out!

Other than that, my car window got smashed last night Although, I got really good presents and even had a nice time at work. Eating has been meh. Not as bad as it could be!
Hope everyone elses Christmas was better!

Last edited by yesitsmeagain; 12-25-2007 at 11:18 PM.
yesitsmeagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 02:46 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/230/170

Height: 5' 10"

Mom had to work graveyard last night, so I ate Christmas eve dinner at a friend's house. It was the typical (delicious) tamales and chili, but I filled my plate with salad more than anything else.

I did splurge a bit when I went to my mom's office in the middle of the night for our gift exchange. We weren't too horrible, though.

Today, however... oh man. I went to another friend's for dinner, and they had the down south mac n cheese, sweet potato pie, greens, pies. It was all soooo amazing.

I spent some extra time on the elliptical tonight to make up for it, though, so hopefully it won't hurt too bad. =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slisette View Post
I drank a bunch of wine last night, but like a true dieting alcoholic, didn't eat much and so managed to stay under my daily calories.
Sounds like New Years to me!!!! =D

Hope you guys have a great week. <3
Not that girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 08:28 AM   #6  
Woman on a mission

Height: 5'10"

I did better than I usually would. I only took a little of everything...I felt as though I would insult whoever made what if I didn't at least try everything. I didn't go in for seconds. Yay me!
MaNdA22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 10:07 AM   #7  
~

S/C/G: 200/174.6/140

Height: 5'8

Heya all!
I feel so sick from the holidays... my family is all doing this "biggest family loser" competition that we started Sunday at our Christmas party. We all weighed in and put in 20 bucks.. whoever loses the biggest % by May 5 wins all the money lol. I dont know how I feel about openly being on a diet.. I like to try and be discreet about it. But I know I will feel better if I WIN than I would if I did nothing! So today starts the diet. I made up my whole meal plan for the week already. I hope this works out
The bad part is that most of us BINGED... REALLY BAD... before the weigh-in so that we would weigh more to start lol! and I drank way too much rum as well... >.> (enough to... skip the new years festivities I think lol) I weighed in at 203. YICK! My heartburn is starting to act up again.. it only happens when I get to 200.. I need to stop fluctuating back up there!
I tried measuring my body fat % with a tape measure.. but I can't figure out the waist part.. its so annoying because that makes my body fat anywhere from 27-47% with diff calculators lol. Its like 44 at the biggest part under the belly button, 42 at the belly button, and 39 at the smallest indent part above my belly button. So confusing.

Last edited by Pinkadot; 12-26-2007 at 10:14 AM.
Pinkadot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 11:29 AM   #8  
Proud Mom of 6

S/C/G: 290/290/160

Good morning all,

I have been busy, busy with holiday parties and jumping from one house to the other. It has been fun, but I am so glad that it is over!! I ate way too much yesterday, but I am back on plan today.

I hope that everyones holiday's turned out ok.

slisette - thanks for starting the weekly thread...no toe stepping here.

sgregg - you are going to love your mp3 player. I feel like I would be lost with out mine somedays.

cats tongue - I hope that you are feeling better and I am sure that you didn't ruin Christmas. People make mistakes and if you had a moment so what. Your family should know that and forgive and forget and move on. I am sure they love you as much as we do!

yesitsmeagain - it seems like you did have a string of bad luck there my dear, but glad that you got good presents...that always seems to cheer things up a bit.

not that girl - extra eliptical time never hurt anyone. I am glad that you found a way to enjoy yourself and I am sure the scale won't be too brutal.

MaNdA22 - I know how you feel about not wanting to insult anyone by not trying there food. My family likes to tease me about being a food snob, but I just don't let it bother me...heck they know I am picky. One thing I can not get enough of is my ex mother-in-laws stuffing. I swear that is the best food ever made and could eat and eat and then eat some more of it. I know it sounds weird, but I am still very close with my ex inlaws. Great job on not going back for seconds too!

pinkadot - good luck on the competition your family is doing. I think that sounds like a great way to get people involved and money seems to be a great motivator for most people.

I hope that everyone has a great week. Work is so quiet this week with so many people gone maybe I can actually get some stuff done - ttfn.
lovinlifex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 06:03 PM   #9  

OK, didn’t make it to yoga, but mostly because the kitty had a vet appt that ran late. Tomorrow to the gym for sure!!
Still .5 away from dec goal, and I don’t want that scale to start creeping up

Sgregg – Good job on the holiday food!! And I bet you didn’t feel like you missed anything at all (let’s just tell ourselves that, anyway)

Cat’s Tongue – maybe a sugar detox? I think there’s a detox thread going…I’ll do one with you if you want (um, in Jan, I will). As for ruining xmas, it sounds like you had to deal with a lot of unnecessary drama, and that is a bummer. I’m sorry!! How did everyone like your handmade gifts?

Yesitsme – bummer about your car window!!

Not that girl – let’s just move past the holiday calorie blunders and elliptical them away – sounds like a good idea to me Yum mac and cheese. Yum.

Manda – I know what you mean about insulting people. But my boyfriend’s grandma makes those weird jello things, aspic, stuff from the 1950s Better Homes cookbooks, and that’s where I draw the line. I always wondered how he could eat that stuff. Now I know it’s because he was raised on it! Last night, it was something called Seafoam salad…mint green mystery. Delicious fish, though (I just got nervous that she might read this!)

Pinkadot – Cool idea to do the biggest loser!! I hope that is able to keep you motivated!! I would check out Self.com for advice on measuring yourself – they have lot of good info in general, and it wouldn’t surprise me if they had some tips.

LovinLife – good luck with work!!

OK all, I guess I gotta start thinking about dinner. Been fighting with the boyfriend all day, so I’ve been grumpy . On the plus side, I bought some B-complex vitamins which I think have been really helpful in boosting my energy and general mood!!

See you all tomorrow – keep up all the good work!!

Sonja
Old 12-26-2007, 08:30 PM   #10  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

Hey All!

Thanks so much for the well wishes. Christmas didn't exactly get better right away (my brother helped put the star on the tree by having a little car accident in my parent's new (as of may) Civic Hybrid.) but after a night's rest we're all pretty good. I think this Christmas will still stand out in my mind as one of the worst I'll ever remember. I think we'll laugh one day... Hopefully.
yesitsme I'm so sorry about your car window! Was anything stolen?

notthatgirl Extra elliptical time never hurst anyone. Mac n' cheese sounds soooo good.

Manda I know, I used to always feel like I was insulting people when turning down food. But now I tell myself I'm insulting my body by putting food it doesn't want or need in it.

Pinkadot Good luck in your Family Biggest Loser. You can do it. Heehee, binging before the weigh in? Very tactical.

lovinlife Thanks so much for the kind words! Made me feel better right away. Good for getting back on plan, I agree that I enjoyed all the holiday cheer and parties but am glad it's over (until new years...).

silsette Thank you as well! And everyone loved their gifts. I was very glad. I'd love to do a sugar detox in January with you!!!! I'm trying to go sugar free today (just taking it one day at a time) but I have been thinking about doing an official detox in the new year.... I take B-complex vitamins as well! When I bought them I was told to avoid taking them at the same time I drink coffee, because it causes stomach aches. And it does. Eat it with food, either breakfast or lunch b/c they give you energy, but don't take it whenever you drink your coffee (if you do...).

Anyway. I'm trying to get slowly back on the wagon here... Starting today with no sugar. I'm going to take it one day at a time. I just want to stop feeling sooooooo full. Seriously I don't think I've been hungry since I got home on saturday. heehee.

Alright, I'm off to get myself some healthy dinner here. good luck to you all. I'll be back on soon I'm sure.
Old 12-27-2007, 06:15 PM   #11  

OK Cat's Tongue, let's check in on the first and get together on this detox thing. I did a 3 day detox diet a few months ago, eating very minimally and only veggies, whole grains and a little protein, and it was awesome. As for the vitamins, I did take them this morning just when I drank coffee, then went to a free personal trainer session (boxing) and felt like I was gonna PUKE. Though I'm not sure I can blame the vitamins for that. Could just be my out of shape a$$ being forced to jump and punch and etc!

I'm sitting here now listening to the kitten fight with the old cat, which makes the dog jump into Policeman mode and he goes running after the two of them and sends them running. I guess it would be funny except I'm dying to see all three animals live in loving harmony!!
Old 12-27-2007, 07:33 PM   #12  
Doing it for my future!!!

S/C/G: 280/278/145

It seems I've gained 4 lbs. but I'm gonna blame it on the traveling. I've been working out since I've gotten home...although I skipped christmas and yesterday...so there should be no reason for a gain b/c i've been eating sensibly as well. I'm going to say it's bloat.

Anywho...who's ready for the New Year? I know I am.
OptimistK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 11:17 AM   #13  

I've been so good. Eating, exercising, why oh why did the scale go up today? I'm gonna blame 1) didn't drink enough water and 2) did some hard weights at the gym.
Stupid scale. I should probably just put it away but I love it so much when it does GOOD things!
Old 12-29-2007, 10:07 PM   #14  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

Ugh... I've been doing okay.

Sorry about the lack of checking in. I'm on vacay with the family. So far so good, we're going skiing tomorrow.

I plan to really get back on plan on the 3rd, when I'm back in Victoria. I'm so tired of feeling fat and gross. I want to be fit and trim. I need to be so that I can go tree planting this summer.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:25 AM   #15  
doinTHEbestIcan

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Ladies!

Wow, I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!! The New Year is on it's way and it's time for me to buckle down!! No more excuses!!

To everyone that has had a few struggles throughout the Christmas holiday, 2008 is right around the corner and we can finally all start fresh!!

I don't have any New Year's Eve plans and it actually looks like I may be spending it at home with Precious, but that's fine. I don't mind, I need to stay focused this year and leave all the distractions behind.

I have not gotten on the scale all week and probably will not for the next 2 weeks. TOM will be back next week, so the scale is probably up. My eating has been okay nothing just to dramatic. I've really only eating one big meal each day and not going back for seconds!! Yipee!

I hope all you ladies have a wonderful New Year!!!

Last edited by mrsgeb2; 12-30-2007 at 11:25 AM.
mrsgeb2 is offline   Reply With Quote