Old 12-24-2007, 08:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/130/120

Height: 5'3

Default spirit angel's abstinent days 1-?

Hi Everyone!

I'm new to OA and don't have a sponsor. I have no OA meetings in my area. I'm 26 yrs old and tired of my terrible terrible binge eating. I don't want to wait to find a sponsor before I commit myself to abstinance, that is between me and Jesus.

My foodplan is no added sugar, three meals a day and an evening snack of diet yoghurt, jello etc....

I'm going to pray everyday and hang out on here when I get the chance. Any support would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance and merry christmas x
SPIRITANGEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 10:41 PM   #2  
Becoming myself

S/C/G: 294/233/180

Height: 5'9"

It sounds like you have a plan, Spiritangel, and your HP is definitely with you on this. We're here if you need us. Good luck!
sidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 12:24 PM   #3  

Thank you
Old 12-25-2007, 01:15 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Merry Xmas everyone.
BellaLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 02:33 PM   #5  

Default Day 1

Well this is my first day abstinent on Jesus' birthday. Wooohooo!
I feel tired and lethargic after all my binge eating the past few months. I pray to be willing to go to any lengths to stay abstinent. Amen!!!!

Thank you to everyone out there! I hope this OA board gets bigger and bigger
Old 12-26-2007, 09:22 AM   #6  

Way to go Spiritangel, what a great gift to give to yourself.

Keep coming back! Do you have any OA lit to read? Recommend the 12 steps and 12 traditions book can get that on line.

This is a new day for me and I will start again and you have inspired me.

thanks for being here.
pat d
patd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 10:40 PM   #7  

Spirit Angel ended up binge eating for 2 days straight. Sorry everyone. I AM BACK ON DAY ONE AND DOING GREAT.
Old 12-28-2007, 01:56 PM   #8  

Something has really clicked in the last two days. I'm coming face to face with my powerlessness. I just know Gods will for me is to be abstinent one day at a time. Surrendering my food to God is really bringing me closer.

There is nothing so gross as the feeling after a binge. The horror at what I have done to myself and terror of not being able to stop, one part wanting to keep going, the other part wanting desperately to stop.

I'm walking away from the addictive voice in my head. I don't believe its lies Amen, just for today.
Old 12-30-2007, 12:02 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 190/125/135

Height: 5'2"

Hey there spirit angel-

I'm so glad that you are here. Have you had a chance to read the first chapter on step one in OA's 12 Steps and 12 traditions?

You've hit the nail on the head:
"I just know Gods will for me is to be abstinent one day at a time."

Yep, I can't possibly conceive of doing this forever, but I CAN focus on today. Tomorrow I'll focus on tomorrow. Each of these "days" add up-- not by my doing, but by God's. It's freedom to not have to worry about forever-- I only have to deal with today, and that I do with God's help and direction.

It's amazing to me that I used to think that I had everything figured out. I had all kinds of plans for the future and I thought I knew exactly how everything "should" go. I praised myself for "my" accomplishments and believed that I knew more or better than anyone else.

...Except when it came to food or my weight. There I was at a loss.

With the help of OA, I learned that along with being powerless over food, my life was unmanageable (by me). I couldn't do it myself. I needed God-- and I needed to LET Him manage it.

I had a lot to learn (still do). I had to admit that I didn't know everything. I had to learn how to let go of the control, drama, stress, and worry, and surrender it all to Him. This, of course, wasn't easy, and it didn't happen over night. I trusted Him with some small stuff, and when He came through, I began to trust Him with the big stuff. He hasn't let me down.

Abstinence is an amazing gift that I continue to ask for every single day. I start each morning with,
"God, I give my food, abstinence, and will to you. Please give me the willingness and the ability to be abstinent today."

Early in program it helped me to visualize food in my hand and literally hold it out to Him. I would often do this many times throughout the day-- always when I mysteriously found myself in the kitchen and had no idea how I got there.
marny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 02:21 PM   #10  

Default Thanx Marney

Wow Marney
Thank you thankyou for your message. I'm sitting in a cafe in TN and have been feeling shakey about doing this forever. Thank you for reminding me it's for today. I'm 26 yrs old and sick and tired of my binge eating. It's been going on since I was 12. My poor husband thinks I'm crazy around food. I'm not terribly overweight but I've put on thirty pounds these last two months and everyone notices.
It's the peace I want. I've tried other ways, Geneen Roth, Weight Watches, Jenny Craig, therapy etc.... and nothing has brought me peace and sanity.
Nothing has taken the drive away to get stuffed.
I'm on my fourth day of abstinence. I've yet to take that first bite, which starts of the decent to binge eating ****. I thank God I havn't thanks to prayer, meetings and this message board.
Many thanks for writing back. My cup of coffee right now and abstinence feels awesome.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:16 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 190/125/135

Height: 5'2"

Awesome-
The peace and sanity is what keeps me coming back. I didn't know what those words meant before OA.

Day 4-- That's miraculous. What a gift.
marny is offline   Reply With Quote