Old 12-22-2007, 09:46 PM   #1  
smiling

S/C/G: 168/140

Height: 5'2''

Cool i don't know what to eat...

no-carbs, low-carbs, zone, s.b. i cant figure it out! i work out 3-4 times a week, cardio and weights (light). usually low-carb is what works, but i am in a rut. any suggestions??
freckled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 10:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

I just started counting calories and i'm loving it; the carbs work themselves out in the end if i don't want to be hungry. It does get overwhelming, all the eating plans that are out there. This whole site has a lot of opinions about what works.
Good luck!!
Sonja
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 11:33 AM   #3  
is baaaad to the bone!

S/C/G: 145!

Height: 5'8"

I do the "Amanda Diet" lol...combo of Counting Calories, Slim Fast, and a high fiber focus. I workout 5-6 days/week as well...getting fiber in is the key for me.
SunshineRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 09:33 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 135/130/125

Height: 5'6

I think whatever works best for you.. I read that some people are affected more by carbs than others.. for me I try to do low calorie with lower amounts of carbs and low amounts of fat (which isn't hard, its the carbs which is harder), and low salt as well as all natural. If I were you I would create a menu plan each week with your "ideal" meals (I always end up eating differently just because life gets inthe way). For example, I aim for a breakfast of egg whites and turkey bacon and a little fat free cheese (no carbs, trivial amount of fat). Thats what I usually have during the week but on the weekends my dad usually makes me whole wheat pancakes (hah I'm so spoiled) but then again sometimes I'm working and I have to compromise. So I say choose the diet that best fits your living style
ILoveLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 10:22 PM   #5  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

I agree with ILoveLove
There are probably as many different "diets" as there are people. You just need to do what works for you to incorporate "healthy" into your "lifestyle."
As for me--- I just started out trying to figure out when I was hungry and when I was full (still figuring that out though!!) and that is what I try and do now in maintainance (though I have to still be mindful to make appropriate food choices--- if proper nutrition was not an issue I would likely eat ice cream and chocolate all day long--- oh, and pie for dinner!).
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote