UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 12-20-2007, 04:36 AM   #1  

Exclamation Christmas food tips please/new year, new me!

Hi everyone,

hope you're all doing well. i'm finding it really hard to find the time to come on here - i'm so busy at work at the moment it's making it hard to find time to find support/motivate myself, and so i'm not making the progress i want to be - especially ahead of christmas eating rituals which usually involve serios over-indulgence. however, i've decided to treat myself sometime early next year with a trip to a boot-camp. i've been umming and ahhing over it for ages cos whilst many people say they're great, they also say that it's a quick fix and that it can't be maintained once you're back home. i can see what they mean but i think if i'm motivated enough and get into a routine (both of which better happen, considering the cost!!) then hopefully i can turn over that leaf and begin 2008 as i mean to go on. it's a bit scary, using my extremely limited holiday allowance and hard earned bonus on something like this, but i'm just really hopeful that it'll be worth it in the long run. in the meantime does anyone have any tips on how to make christmas healthy without denying myself a bit of festive food?? and anyone been on a bootcamp or heard of any that are good?
i hope you're all doing well, merry christmas to everyone. it's good to know we have each other out there! x
sai2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 11:32 AM   #2  

Well I guess the only thing I can advise is you have a bit of the turkey/whatever you are having asnd fill up on veggies (having only 1 or 2 roast spuds but have plenty of whatever other veg you are having.Don't put choccies near you. Only have a small slice of Christmas pud if going for it. Go easy on any snacks - in fact try and avoid peanuts etc. Eat very little cheese as that is a baddie (thoughit tastes good). Perhaps instead of a sinful pud you could have a fresh fruit salad - minus the fresh cream and have a small squirt of aerosal cream instead? Drink wise - if having wine go for a spritzer or put diet lemonade or coke in your spirits. If you fancy something sweet - go for one of those gorgeous little organges around at the moment (the only time I care for oranges!).

If you do indulge on the day - remind yourself it is just one day and try and get back on track the next day.

Good luck!
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 05:03 AM   #3  

A few ideas

http://www.ukdietclub.com/news/artic...469&code=28026

http://www.ukdietclub.com/news/artic...462&code=28026
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 10:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 232/218/182

Height: 5f 6

I decided to relax the diet rules at Christmas and it shows as I did put on a few lbs but this could have been worse if I ate all the chocolates people gave me.

Instead I took them all to work and gave them to the receptionist to put on the front desk for visitors and staff. (I work in a business centre with 30 other companies).

I did tell people not to buy me chocs but I don't think people were listening!
scottishdiane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 03:47 PM   #5  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

DIANE ~ that was a good idea; and you have the perfect place to unload all those goodies too ...

I didn't do any baking this year. Just bought a couple of mini boxes of Scottish Shortbread for those guests who drop by for coffee; but don't do this unless you can stay out of them. I had a few very small "planned" treats for my snacks only (I bought only ONE SERVING size treats for our stockings); can't overeat them if they aren't there.

For dinner, we had turkey with loads of roasted healthy veggies, which included one small baked new potato for each person and had a small salad too, but was full up with just the dinner. Had my blueberry dessert as a snack becuz I was so full; my tummy is actually shrinking ... yeah!!!

I PLANNED TO STAY ON PLAN this year, and it worked ...

ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 12-29-2007 at 03:48 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote