Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 12-19-2007, 07:03 PM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default Have you guys tried this powder?

I was looking for the unjury online but I came across this on Amazon and theres free shipping. Any thoughts Feelings?

MET-Rx Protein Plus Protein Powder

Also Fluffy how is the muscle milk? How many calories does it come out too?

And also since I'm Kieran the Question Girl! What do you guys think about calories in general?
I had 2 protein shakes today 1/2 cup cottage cheese and 2 string cheese
I'im not hungry AT ALL but I've only had maybe 650 calories so I know i need to eat more
ARG!
help?
PS this is one of those times I want to Dial 1-800JiffyPop and be like JIFF TELL ME WHAT TO DO!

Last edited by KO; 12-19-2007 at 07:05 PM.
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 07:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 270/180/155

Height: 5' 1"

I haven't tried that powder, but the Met RX Protein Plus BARS are FANTASTIC!!!!!!!! They are the BEST protein bars I have ever tasted by FAR!! SO GOOD!!!

I'll get back with you on the muscle milk calorie question!
FluffyGirl79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 07:54 PM   #3  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Thanks Fluffy!
Old 12-19-2007, 08:58 PM   #4  
Old Cackler

1-800-jiffypop

calculate the protein. calculate the water. if they're on target, pat yourself on the back and GO TO BED!!!!!!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 09:25 PM   #5  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

Default Reviewing some foods and snacks

Don't know about the Met-RX Protein Plus Powder, but will take the suggestion of the Bars. I'm on the run so much here lately that I need a meal replacement bar once in a while. I tried the South Beach and threw them in the trash! Yuck. I do like the Oh, Yeah Chocolate Mint Wafer Bars, baked wisconsin cheese and 12 Diamond Vanilla Bean Almonds. I don't eat any of these on a regular basis. I'm trying to always have something every three hours and need some protein snack for the in between times. I do pack 2 % cheese. I also pack a 1/8 to 1/4 cup of snack mix with pepitas, roasted soybeans, mixed nuts, sunflower seeds and dried cranberries, raisins or dried cherries. Sometimes turkey jerky. I did mix the SF International Chai Tea with the vanilla Matrix and it kind of kills the Splenda. My impression: it was warm! My problem is breakfast. I think I'm going to have to think outside of the box when it comes to breakfast, because I tried a few bowls of high fiber cereal and it has too many carbs and I think I'm hungry within an hour after I eat it. It's the danged carbs!! I would love to eat an egg every morning, but that can't be too healthy. Have eaten half a multipgrain waffle with sf jam (splenda crap), but again, I think too many carbs. Just a protein drink doesn't hold me over for three hours.
I found a light Thomas Multi-grain English muffin and half would be 50 cal., .5 fat, 12 carbs, 4 fiber, 2.5 protein. I guess I could eat it with a piece of cheese or canadian bacon. Canadian bacon....I'll have to take a loan out on my house to pay for it in our area. Any suggestions you all have would be greatly appreciated.
I went to Trader Joes and picked up different packages of organic chicken sausages. Spinach, fontina, cheese, Italian and garlic parm ?; has twenty grams of protein for each link; 180 cals, can't remember about the fat, but a little high. They are good, but couldn't chew the casing. Cripes, I've never noticed casings on links before I had WLS; I must have swallowed my food whole. Any suggestions you all have would be greatly appreciated.

KO: How many danged calories am I suppose to be eating? Don't think that was ever discussed with the NUT. All she said was introduce good, healthy food slowly, no more than 1/2 c. to 3/4c. each time and watch the fat and sugars. Someday seems like all I do is eat. Haven't tried too much sugar alcohol, kind of scared too! Where is your fiber? My biggest sin, if in a hurry, a piece of ff balogna with a cheese slice.
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 10:05 PM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I'm sipping some chammomile, I ended up noshing on some WW flake and fiber I had about 6 cups of liquid today plain water is really hard for me I'm working on working in more decaf tea and drink mixins make me have to go to the bathroom.
So if Miss Jiff says its all about protein
I had 3 protien shakes = partswater and milk 84 grams of protein
1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese 10
2 string cheese 14
1 veggie burger 15
1/4 cup weight watchers flake and fiber 4.5
112.5 grams of protein that's a record for me! for 1025 calories
I will say having 3 protein shakes really helped! I just have to afford the damn powder.
I was literally just talking to my sis and she was saying I don't need that much protein.
I go see the Nut Dr on the second I have to call them tomorrow to see if I need bloodwork.
The Nut at my WLS doc sucks with my new meds (lyrica) I crave crap I mean REALLY CRAVE so I'm terrified and just trying to find something that works so I don't end up 205 ARG!
Old 12-20-2007, 09:28 AM   #7  
Old Cackler

Kier - i just looked up Lyrica- and about 10% of people in the clinical trials GAINED WEIGHT. soooo, if you're craving crap, it's the meds, and you gotta figure out how to work around this.

as for calories vs protein vs whatever. here's what i was told: for us, it's about the protein - and whether you're getting too much or too little, Kier, check with your doc. your protein intake DOES seem a little high, but if it's working for you, then go with it.

if we work the tool as we should, with really tight portion control, and really good control over WHAT we eat, HOW we eat, and WHEN we eat, the calories kind of take care of themselves. this isn't permission to have a chocolate fest!

if you're skeptical, try this:

weigh and measure EVERYTHING you put into your mouth, then work out the calories. and remember, that whatever calorie counter you use, you'll have to figure out the calories in what YOU actually consumed, not what the calorie counter considers a portion.

for example, if the calorie counter says that 4 oz of chicken is 120 calories [and i'm just guessing here!], and you ate only 2 oz, then you consumed 60 calories.
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 09:45 AM   #8  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Thanks for the input Jiff!
I'm trying an experiment this morning, I had a 1 cup serving of kashi go lean with 1/2 cup milk nuked with splenda cinamon and a splash of vanilla. (kinda smooshy but otherwise I have to chew 50 times to make sure i have everything processed) so far "knock on wood" its been an hour and a half and no irrational crap cravings follow up in a half hour to an hour is either going to be cottage cheese or a coffee protein shake.
Follow up to that water. . .I can't drink cold stuff when I'm cold! so either Room temp water or some Gingersnappish hot tea (I love Christmas tea!)

The Lyrica is definitely helping my body cope with this weather. Today I know would be especially bad I can feel my face being a little tight versus feeling like stoneface and on days like this Pre-Lyrica I'd be Lurch. . .while I still am. . . Its not as bad.
However (if you know Harry Potter) I'm going to have to be a Gastronomic Mad-Eye Moody and have CONSTANT VIGILANCE! Maybe I should put him on my fridge
Ok I have to get my arse in gear I have sat here for TOO LONG!