Old 12-19-2007, 09:52 AM   #1  
Mango Empress

S/C/G: 275/check my ticker!/145

Height: 5'6"

Default New to calorie counters

Hello lovely ladies,
I'm not new to the site, tho i've been slacking seriosly these past few months. gained back 10 lbs ::grumble grumble:: I've tried a bunch of different diets, including low carb and such, but i found them too restricting, i always ended up binging on the things i was trying hardest not to eat. I like the sound of calorie counting because it allows for treats. which i simply need to survive. or like, i'll explode

I'm going to try to eat around 1600 calories a day. at 186lbs do you think that sounds about right? my goal is to get down to 160 lbs by July 25th (my birthday). meaning i'll having to loose around .8lbs a week. (hopefuly i'll loose more but i tend to set my goals too high)

I signed up for Fitday today, are there any other tips you could pass on to me? i appreciate the help!
MangoKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 10:10 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 267/see ticker/139

Welcome - 1600 calories should be a good starting point. What are your plans for exercise? To start just worry about portion control and staying within in your calorie range. You can work on nutrient % etc as you gain more control. I would definitely make a commitment to start to have at least 2 fruits/veggies per day and 25g fiber.

Lori
lorilove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 10:26 AM   #3  
Mango Empress

i exercise between 3-5 days a week, i alternate between Walk away the lbs 3 mile walk and an inhome personal training video i have. starting in January i'm going to start going to the jym to start running. i live in Sweden and it's just too damn cold to go run outside.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:06 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

it sounds like you have a good plan in place, Good luck.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 01:41 PM   #5  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Good plan - IMHO the best way to figure out how many cals is right for you is to play around with it. Try 1600 for like a month and see where it gets ya.

on 89 lbs gone!!! That is quite an accomplishment.
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 02:05 PM   #6  
Mango Empress

Thanks guys!