Old 12-17-2007, 08:32 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Default 30 Something's Chat: Monday, December 17th

Mornin' Kids!

Hanna ~ thanks for the info. You're right, I need to find a new dermotologist. Fingers crossed that this is a better week with Sean
Lauren ~ winning a camera ~ very cool! That had to make it a nice evening. How'd the boys do with the babysitter
Pam ~ send cookie pictures. Can't wait to see them and hear how your party went. Mine is next Sunday. Everytime that I go to the grocery store I pick up another bottle of Bailey's ~ . I'm also making a cranberry punch that sounds great.
GG ~ Glad that you're home safe and sound. Too bad that you're not off toda to recup
Lisa ~ excellent news to hear that all is progressing with the possible new job. I can understand why you'd want to know NOW. Wouldn't that be a sweet xmas present?
Happy Monday to those that I missed. I have a busy day ahead of me so off to wake three little people...
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 09:17 AM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

It's freeeeeezing here! 25° and the wind is whippin' around! I'd rather be home in bed!

Joan, The boys were really good - Robby fell asleep before she even got there!! She said Peter was really good, and willingly put his jammies on and stayed fine when she tucked him in. Amazing. Well, actually, I shouldn't be surprised, Peter's always good when mom babysits him. And I'm sure Padma entertained him all night.

Have a great day all! Safe on the roads, bundle up and keep warm!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 12:56 PM   #3  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Hi ladies...I've only posted here a time or two. Seem to have trouble finding my way to the new thread everyday....I mean, know how to, just harder than going to the same thread each day. I know, it's just me. I find, even in my 30's, that change is getting harder and harder for me to deal with. Guess no matter how I try, I'll end up like my parents in some ways!

Well, the weight is coming off ever so slowly. I've maybe lost a couple this week. WW weigh in is tomorrow. I was really hoping for a better first week. And I don't know if it's just gonna happen this way, or if it has something to do with my hysterectomy and lack of hormones or what. If it's medical and this is how it's going to be from here on out, I'm quite sure I'm going to get frustrated pretty quickly. It's never taken me this long, trying this hard, to lose this little. I feel like I'm starving. I'm eating my points, but I feel like I'm starving.

Anyone have suggestions or input of any kind? Anyone know if it's hormone-related? Had similar experiences?
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 01:38 PM   #4  
LBH

Diana,
1. Make it a point to find the new thread everyday! (Hey, we only have one weekend thread, so that should make it easier!)
2. For some reason, it seems to me that I have read/heard that it is harder to lose the weight the older you get, meaning, after "the change". So yeah, that could be the problem. All the reason to work harder at it! I know, I know, easier said than done! I should practice what I preach! Hang in there!
Old 12-17-2007, 02:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Good morning everyone!

Lauren congratulations on the camera! how exciting is that!!! How nice that you came home and found everything went so smooth w/the kiddos, that is great!
25 is very very cold!

Joan I love Bailey's are you using it to back? that sound yummy!

Diana I didn't have that hard of a time w/hormones after my hysterectomy, I just had it done a few months ago and immediately the put me on the patch, are you on any kind of hormone replacement therapy? good luck with your weight in tomorrow

GG that is good you are home safe and sound, sorry you have to work today.

today I can't believe how the day has gone, I can't get the school to tell me ahead of time when they are running out of meds, not matter how hard I try and how I tell them, so this morning I get a call at 8 am they are all out, so I had to get dressed really quick and go down there, it is not like they are right around the corner, it took me an hour and 45 minutes to go and come back, I decided to take the little dude w/me, I was so afraid he was going to get car sick so I took a lot of towels with me and cover the sit w/them, but he didn't, he was a good sport, I enjoyed taking him for the ride. I feel like I am coming down w/the flu every one around here has it, I am already making a chicken soup and my favorite matzo balls. Regardless we will have a great dinner!
I wish everyone a great day.

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 03:46 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/170

Height: 65.5 inches

Good afternoon ladies,

Hope eveyone is well. My friends funeral was this morning, very sad. I still can't believe she is gone, I was talking to one of my friends and he was like I am waiting for her to jump out and say it was all a joke.

pmasci. I actually wore a coat these past two days so you know it is coooold here....lol.

Loriann.. congrats on the weight loss!!!

gaining... Good Luck with your weigh in tomorrow. When my sister did WW she used to eat lettuce with walden farms dressing before she ate her meal (both are 0 points) to fill up.

lauren...congrats on the camera at least there was something good about the party. Today is day one of the challenge I was up to 234. I had the repass today after the funeral, girl scout xmas party tomorrow. Wednesday holiday open house at the preschool and then my old babysitters holiday party after that. Friday the preschool individual classroom parties. Bad week to start a diet, I will be lucky if I am not heavier by the end of the week.
tjjsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 03:48 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Hanna, if you think 25 is cold you should come visit me. lol we are in the high teens/low 20s. Our wind chill is 9! Hope you feel better.

Lauren congrats on the camera! How awesome is that? Now you can probably download pictures easier.

Joan, keep busy. We saw St. Louis on Fox & Friends this morning. It was just the arch with the fog. Stay safe.

Well have to get ready to go back to work. I did stock this morning and now have to go back to work the floor. Not really looking forward to it, but it is necessary to pay bills.

Lisa

PS. TJ we were posting at the same time. I am just planning on trying to maintain during the next couple of weeks. Think that way, if you loose ~ all the better.

Last edited by lppennington; 12-17-2007 at 03:50 PM.
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 04:24 PM   #8  
LBH

TJ, So what kind of challenge did you guys set up? Is it just whoever loses more each week, or did you set a certain time frame and amount of weight? What's the prize?!

Lisa, Try and think of the stock work and walking around the floor as exercise!!

Joan, my old neighbor used to make a Bailey's cake for my birthday every now and then. She used to bake it for her son's restaurant, with yellow cake and chocolate icing. For my she did chocolate/chocolate. She said there is one shot in the cake and one shot in the icing...put she would "slip" on the shot in the icing sometimes!
Old 12-17-2007, 04:47 PM   #9  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

hanna, I couldn't go directly on hormones...have to wait 6 months so my endometriosis won't come back (estrogen...from ovaries, which I no longer have...make endometriosis grow. they don't necessarily "kill" it when they do the hysterectomy, which is why I have to wait 6 months so it will die on its own.) I pretty much went into instant menopause....yes, cold turkey! LOL One day I was normal, later that day, I was--my new normal! lol

Anyway, I've done really, REALLY well today eating. I'm quite hungry, but I've done well! LOL I had broccoli for lunch..yes, just broccoli. You'd think I'd be withering away. Unfortunately, not the case.

Have my appointment at Curves tonight...maybe that'll make me feel better?? Tomorrow hopefully will make me feel better. Hopefully.

I was only gonna change ticker on weigh in days, but I'm gonna go ahead and knock off the couple I've lost...just to make myself feel better.

Last edited by GainingWeightInLa; 12-17-2007 at 04:48 PM.
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 06:15 PM   #10  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Hello everyone!

Diane, maybe you aren't eating enough to lose weight? Just broccoli for lunch certainly would make me hungry.

Joan, I was reading the weekend post. I must have misunderstood about your acne before. I thought it had cleared up, didn't realize it was back. Hope I hadn't been insensitive. I think I congradulated you for feeling better.

We had a good trip down. I have alot of unpacking left to do. DD has been wonderful at helping me with everything.

I am not ready for Christmas at all! I have only one gift for DS. I have no clue as to what to get for him. He is asking for a guitar and I have been trying to talk him out of it. Mainly because it is expensive and I know he will lose interest in to very soon.

Gonna go get dinner started, talk later!
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 06:50 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Baileys in a cake ... oh my! Sounds sinfully delicious:-). I've never baked with it. I just like a little over ice during the holidays. My family loves the stuff too so I plan on having several bottles on hand.

Diana ~ my first thought when reading your post was the same as Alicia's... are you getting enough to eat? Maybe try and throw in some protein and carbs along with the veggies.

Alicia ~ you weren't being the least bit insensitive. You did congratulate me and I thank you. At that time, my skin was clear, unfortunately within days of getting off of the Accutane I started breaking out again. It's not nearly as bad as it was though before taking the medicine. Fingers crossed that it won't come back full force. I'm glad that you're at the new home and pretty soon you'll be all settled in. Plan a party and you'll have that house in great shape in no time flat LOL. Any time that we plan a party, DH and I work our cans off and get much accomplished in very little time.

BTW, Lisa my goal is the same as yours. Maintain thru the holidays... It's getting hard though as the sweets are already pouring in. I don't even want to know what kind of calories a glass of Bailey's has in it...! Plus, it's so icy here that I haven't been getting my daily walk in. Tomorrow it's supposed to warm up and melt the snow and ice. I hope so.

Have a good evening all ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 08:52 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

hey all...made it through the day. Not too many crazy bumps...but man was i sluggish...had the mondays bad today...i also had an appointment with my trainer this am (she wanted to work me in before she left today for the holidays). So i acutally managed to drag my butt out of bed at 5.50 and work out. But boy it was hard...its was cold here too...in the upper 20's this am. BRRRRR

hey to all else...really tired so i'll be brief...night all
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote