Old 12-12-2007, 06:53 PM   #1  
Mommy of 6, 4, almost 1!!

S/C/G: 194.6/179.2/155

Height: 5'1"

Default Abstinent count advice.

20 days ago I decided that my abstinence was going to be not eating refined flour or sugar, which is a HUGE change. So, yay, I did it!

However, I've found it's quite possible to compulsively overeat on other foods. So, I'm changing my definition of abstinence for me to include writing a meal plan and sticking to it. 3-0-1! (As well as no refined flour or sugar)

The question: Should I start again on day 1 of abstinence, or continue counting with my newly defined abstinence?

Thanks!
Best to all!
shoupfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 07:06 PM   #2  
Becoming myself

S/C/G: 294/233/180

Height: 5'9"

Keep counting! Abstinence changes, and as your understanding of your disease changes you'll refine what it is for you. Congratulations on making 20 days, that's wonderful!
sidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 07:28 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 166/166/130

Height: 5ft1inch

Default abstinent count advice

Well done. Your commitment to abstinence really comes across in your post. I love to hear that, because it reinforces my own programme. I fully agree with what Sidhe says. You keep counting girl, you are so on the right track. My own abstinence is evolving all the time, because I am open and willing to change.

Mind you I can relate to, and respect, your desire for honesty in counting your abstinence. My ability to fool myself with food and to be in denial has brought such trouble and pain to my life, so that it feels good and precious to be part of a new way of life, an abstinence based on honesty which I know will help me recover from the killer disease of COE.
Thank you for reminding me of that.
searsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 10:39 PM   #4  

It is a good thing that you are really seeing your eating pattern and refining abstinence (as opposed to fooling yourself). You might want to tuck into the back of your mind that focus on a number (days of abs) is kinda like focus on the scale number- both of which we can use to beat ourselves up. I find that being happy for every day (at day 186) works for me. My food sponsor has had 2 slips while we have been working together, but I don't judge her and she comes right back to program without sinking into a pit of binging. It is not easy, but together we can do it. If you are in a program and have an HP, I think that works even better. Hugs!
tommy is offline   Reply With Quote