Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 12-11-2007, 09:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 309/309/200

Height: 6'

Default So now what???

Ok, so I was laying in bed the other night and realized just how BAD I feel. I feel like crap! I'm tired irritable and just plain crusty. I have a million things I need to do, but won't get off my butt to do them. I keep gaining weight, and when I decide to do something about it, I screw it up over and over again. Part of my problem is that I want INSTANT results, and it's not going to happen. I know I need to start walking and watch what I eat. I binge every few weeks if not more frequently, usually when I "decide" to be serious about losing weight. It irritates me that I canrecognize my destructive behavior, and yet I continue to do it...so now what? Seems like a dumb question, but I'm not sure where to start...I started this latest journey last thursday, binged the weekend away and then tried to start fresh yesterday...down .4 of a lb, which isn't a lot, but at least is something despite stupid behavior this weekend! Any advice, prodding, nagging etc gladly accepted
SparkyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 09:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

Sweetie, I've been where you're at and it's AWFUL!!!

Baby steps. Just do one thing. When you're feeling really down, get off your butt and do SOMETHING for 10 minutes. ANYTHING. Sit on the floor and stretch, go for a walk, do some situps, clean the kitchen. ANYTHING. Just start moving.

Set a timer if you need to and just do 10 minutes. It will help. I promise.

I love the song Breakaway. It's about doing things differently. I think about telling my "fat" goodbye.

"I'll spread my wings
And I'll learn how to fly
Though it's not easy to tell you goodbye
I gotta take a risk
Take a chance
Make a change
And breakaway"

YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Last edited by ggmugsy; 12-11-2007 at 09:17 PM.
ggmugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 10:05 PM   #3  
mdl
whole foods bakery queen

its true. sometimes you have to just make yourself do something. anything. and celebrate yourself a bit when done! i also feel like utter garbage. it just makes me wanna eat more. yikes. i swear tonite i had to pump the jams just to take a shower. so pick one thing you wanna do tmrw -- do it and let us know how it was

the bad feelings do go away..eventually. i don't know when eventually is exactly but still
mdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 11:11 PM   #4  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Height: 5'5"

I know how you feel.

It's so hard because that feeling leads to binging (for me)... and then the binging will lead right back to that feeling. It's like a never ending cycle. It's horrible.

I especially felt that way this time last year. I couldn't motivate myself to do anything. Sometime before christmas the binging got especially bad and I realized I had to do something. I had to pull myself up out of that deep dark hole I'd fallen down into. It was up to me to seek help, to open myself up, to reach out to those other people... I had to learn to accept myself, this place I'd landed and those horrible feelings I had towards myself before I could even think of changing the stuff I didn't like about myself.

I can only describe the difference between this time this year and this time last year as the difference between being turned on and being turned off. It's like I've flicked a switch and I'm so much more aware and so much more able to make the changes I need to to be... not necessarily happier but better. Every once and a while last year's me is here (well she's here all the time) but sometimes she takes over... but usually I can resist her.

That's my story in a nut shell. I hope it helps. It's not bragging or anything. I just want you to know there are people where you are and who have come a little ways, and so can you. It's a struggle. It's tough. But at the same time the feelings of pride I feel that I'm slowly conquering this "demon void" is something I remind myself of everyday.

Good luck to you. You know you can do it. Just believe.
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 10:40 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 152/140/130

Height: 5'5"

Sometimes I think it's just too intimidating - we tend to want to go from practicing lots of bad habits to total perfection overnight. And of course, things are that much more difficult at this time of year. Then since we can't be perfect in the face of all those holiday goodies, we binge to punish ourselves. Can you think of some "baby steps" that you could realistically stick to to get you at least through the holidays? Really, holding steady over the holidays is great - I think I read that the average person packs on 5-7 pounds over the holidays! Commit to walking every day for example. Commit to eating 5 veggies/fruits per day? 3 meals plus 1 treat per day? You don't have to be perfect, just better. You can do that.

I have no goal of losing any more weight until after the holidays. If I can weigh 140 after the smoke clears, and get through the holidays without bingeing, that will be great success. ( Bingeing as opposed to eating too much - we all know that those 2 things are not the same! - and I WILL eat too much at times. The trick is not to beat myself up about it, and just move on) Good luck!
Janie Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 08:36 PM   #6  
300+ Chick

Whenever I have bad moods days, I turn on my radio and listen to upbeat music when doing tiny house duties..kinda puts the stress buster away for awhile. Hang in there and hoping upcoming days will be better for you.. Stay strong!

Liliann
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 08:54 PM   #7  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

I know this might sound silly and to some stupid but when I want to eat things I know I shouldn't I clean. Busy hands can't put food in a persons mouth.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 12:13 PM   #8  
mdl
whole foods bakery queen

shy moment

that isn't stupid at all!! being involved in something with my hands totally helps me...i do the eat with one hand and type with the other thing sometimes and then afterwards i can't even remember what i ate...
mdl is offline   Reply With Quote