Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 12-10-2007, 08:00 PM   #1  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

Default My 2 day derail...

Ughhh I messed up yet again sunday night and all day today! Not minor munching either, I am talking serious non stop eating of junk food. Cookies, cake, candy, pizza, candy bars etc. Last week was so stressful MIL was in hospital, my aunt died, then yesterday our friends daughter was murdered. Quite a whirlwind....

I was doing great foodwise until lastnight, and this is when I began eating nonstop ever since hearing the news of the murder, trying to numb the pain, and grieving through my sweet tooth! I know it was not the right thing to do, but it has been done already and it tasted pretty darn good.

Tomorrow I hope I can get my act together, I'm just kinda in a bit of a funk still and I thought if I vent and confess my crappy eating, maybe something someone will say will stick in my head so I won't continue eating my way through the tough times, that is what the old me used to always do, but I am the new improved me, and I should have known better as I am older and wiser, ughhh. I am pre-monthy mode too, so I have had the major munchies the past few days. I will get back on track tomorrow as next week is my 9 months maintaining this weightloss, so I know what I need to do. I just needed a good kick to my rear I guess, ok I am bent over and assuming the position, go ahead I certainly need one! ~wendalyn
evilwomaniamshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 11:41 PM   #2  
mdl
whole foods bakery queen

hahah..i like your tough love attitude girl

its oK you are going thru a LOT....and my recent binges could make a football team look like dieters!
mdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 02:47 PM   #3  

Thanks mdl for the reply.

Today I am a bit better, had an intensely grueling workout, a great healthy breakfast, and a healthy lunch, so back on track after I kicked my own tail with my leg, since nobody else came forward!
Old 12-11-2007, 05:43 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

Hi wendalyn,

I'm sorry about your loved ones. I can imagine how you must be feeling right now.

I don't think that beating yourself up is going to make you feel any better. Take a deep breath. In the midst of taking care of everyone else, remember to take a little time to take care of yourself. I don't mean with food, but with small comforts that you truly enjoy - a bubble bath, tea, time spent with a friend who understands what's going on and can provide you a shoulder to cry on.

Food is a way of coping, but it is not your friend, and if it brings you any good feelings, they are replaced pretty quickly with bad ones. With everything else that you have on your plate, it might be best right now to start with baby steps. Make small changes that you know will help you get a handle on your eating.

Hang in there. We're all here to support you, and you and your family and friends are in my thoughts!
just_a_dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 09:30 AM   #5  

Thanks Penelope,
Now it is day 2, and I am happy to report, I am back in control. I have gathered myself back up again from my bender. Quite a blow still what happened, but I have a great hubby to lean on to get me through.

Thanks again for your kind words, they have helped turn my frown around.

I am 1 week away from my 9 month maintenance, so I know that this was just a bad bump in my maintenance road. I will continue on my healthy train ride and I will continue to keep on track, because I hate when I veer off the track and de-rail! This is life, so unpredictable..... I am happy to report, I am back on the train track, choo choo....... Not chew chew!
~Wendalyn
Old 12-12-2007, 05:46 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

wendalyn,

Your reply made me smile

I'm so glad to hear that you're feeling and doing better! Keep up the great work!

just_a_dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 01:51 PM   #7  
mdl
whole foods bakery queen

"I have gathered myself back up again"

YESSSS
mdl is offline   Reply With Quote