Old 12-10-2007, 05:14 PM   #1  

Default Meal planning website recommendation?

Does anyone know of a website that will help with meal plans, using caloric requirement, food preferences and prep time preferences as criteria? I want something that will let me input my daily caloric requirement, specific food likes & dislikes, and prep preferences (like quick & easy vs. elaborate recipes) and will give me a meal plan or at least basic guidelines like "one from Column A, one from Column B," etc).

The closest thing I've found so far is ***********, but it only lets me narrow my food preferences to broad strokes like "no pork" or "no shellfish." It gives great full meal plans, but the nutritional info for an entire meal is all grouped together. So, if I'm willing to follow the breakfast of oatmeal and juice but hate the raisins, there's no simple way to deduct out the raisins and substitute something else.

I'd love to see a nutritionist for this kind of customization but I can't really afford that. I thought maybe someone here might know of something more customizable than ***********.

Thanks!
cattycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 05:13 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 164/ticker/130

Height: 5'5

Have you tried ***********?
Im sure it has meal plans
Fairy Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 08:40 AM   #3  

Well, since the name of whatever you posted was blocked out, I have no way of knowing whether I've tried it or not. Based on the big grin face though, I'm guessing it was a joke.

I sure wish someone had a recommendation for me!
cattycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 04:52 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 164/ticker/130

Height: 5'5

I did! It just blocked out what i suggested....! Grrr!

I was referring to the diet plan website that begins with the word spark and ends with the word people!!! But I am under the impression that was the site you referred to!

YOU-On a diet has a website with a week of plans on it, that you can change!

Personally i didnt like either, american eating habits are very different to the food we eat here so the food just didn't do it for me! I prefer to make my own up using fitday, and making sure my calories are around 1200-1400 and with the right nutrient ratios Set calorie goels for each meal, and stick to them, making sure you have a balanced plate Its important you learn to make good choices, and theres no better way to do that than making your own menus and learning what is high in certain nutrients and what is high in calories
Fairy Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 05:02 PM   #5  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

That particular site is blocked because they sent many, many spammers our way...to keep the board spam to a minimum, their name was added to our word filter.

Have you looked at something like eDiets? They let you customize a menu plan like that, I believe, for a relatively small monthly fee...smaller than a nutritionist, I think.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 11:58 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 135/130/125

Height: 5'6

I'm not a fan of any of those meal planning websites.. I prefer to keep my own food log and I just figure out the calories from websites like calorie-count.com and places like that. In my opinion it is sooo much easier and its free!
ILoveLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 09:02 PM   #7  

I keep my own menu log. When I’m figuring out the calorie count per serving for something I plan to cook, I write the recipe down in the diary so that I won’t have to do the calculations again. If I try a new recipe or a new frozen meal, I write my comments in the diary.

I've found also that you can search epicurious for "healthy" dishes, and many of them are low-cal. All of the recipes have nutrition data/calorie counts.
cmakela is offline   Reply With Quote