Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2002, 09:54 AM   #1  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Default Manic Thursday! Wish it were a Friday!

Well Last time I started a thread someone was starting one at the same time so I hope that that will not be the case today I am exhausted b/f was over late last night and I didn't get quite as much sleep as I would have liked. I didn't have to be to work til 9 though and he had to teach this morning at 7. Poor guy
Well ladies I have to say that I am soooo impressed with all of your determination. I haven't been able to find mine lately but I am not giving up again. I am going to go to WI come hill or high water (I don't even know if that is how you say that expression ) Oh well today is a new day.
I am already looking forward to the wknd. I am actually b-sitting 5 kids with my sister this wknd. I love to do it though b/c they live in t his amazing house and they are well behaved so it will be fine. Besides they pay us well so that will help with bills, bills, bills. Oh and I am going to use some of the $ to go to Mamma Mia for the 2nd time. Has anyone else seen this. I thought it might be kind of cheesy but I LOVED IT!!! I am going again in a couple of wks. I would like to go and see "I am Sam" this wknd but I don't think it will be possible. Has anyone seen any good movies lately. I heard that "Beautiful Mind" was great. Fill me in on your wknd plans and we will pretend that it's friday Wishful thinking! Ok BBL
Old 01-24-2002, 10:13 AM   #2  
Scotland's finest export

hi girls,
i've been very busy at work this week so i apologise for the lack of posts! just letting you know i'm still alive! ooh and that tomorrow night is going to be very bad on my points!! i'm having a Burns Supper at my flat (January 25th is Burns Night, where you celebrate the birth of Robert Burns, a Scottish poet, by eating haggis and drinking whisky. Which if you know the ingredients, does not sound very nice!!). I'm not bothering with the formal side of things (poems, speeches and a' that), it's just going to be 8 of us eating and drinking and having fun. But ooh, the trouble I had finding a vegetarian haggis (even some meat eaters won't eat haggis!). Last year there were loads in all the supermarkets. This year I had to go to Fortnum&Mason (very posh shop, better than Harrods which is just tacky). I made sure I got a real haggis as well though, wrapped in a sheep's stomach. Men like to show off about how hard they are - I'll test them!!
trish - alex is v cute, can't wait to see more! right, better go cos boss wondering what i'm doing. will try to get back later to talk you all properly,
kirsty
Old 01-24-2002, 10:17 AM   #3  
Bono Fanatic!

Hey Becky!
I never got to see Mamma Mia while it was in Chicago, but I have heard nothing but good things about it. It is a blast, from what I've been told. I wish I would have gotten to see it! When are you going again?
I don't have anything to exciting planned for the weekend. Saturday I am going to Ikea and Trader Joe's with my friend, which should be an all day trip. We have to venture into the suburbs to do this, which is a big day for the city girls! We try to go to Trader Joe's at least once every few months since they have so much great (and healthy) food! I figure we will end the day with drinks and dinner. Sunday it is supposed to be really warm here, so I plan on taking a long run along the lake. I am so sick of running on my treadmill that it will be great to get outside for a while!

Everyone else come out to play and tell us what your weekend plans are!!
Old 01-24-2002, 10:19 AM   #4  
Bono Fanatic!

Hi Kirsty! We were posting at the same time. Have a great time at your Burns Supper! It sounds fun, although I am a very picky eater when it comes to meat, so I wouldn't be much fun! Harrods is tacky?? I never knew that, but there is much talk lately about one going in in a vacant lot in downtown Chicago. It has been a big deal.
Old 01-24-2002, 10:33 AM   #5  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Trish- Which day did you post a pic of the little bambino. I missed it and everyone is raving

Kirsty- So haggis is lamb? Which parts? Hmm interesting. I do like lamb but haggis sounds kind of scary. Fill me in.

Jkarr- If you ever get the chance again go and see it. I am going again on February 1st. My sister and I are going again b/c we had to take our friends that didn't go the first time b/c we loved it. I recommend seeing it with a bunch of girlfriends b/c a lot of it revolves around the friendships of the women.

Ok I have raved long enough.

Where is everyone???
Old 01-24-2002, 10:36 AM   #6  
Scotland's finest export

don't you hate when you hit the backspace key and your whole post disappears?!
JenK - I don't like meat so I'll be on the veggie one!! Although the meat haggis does taste quite nice (you just have to not think about what part you're eating!!). I reckon the reason I was fat until I did WW was cos I ate cheese (and lots of it) instead of meat or veggies. Still love my cheese, but I do try to go easy on it. Most of my bedroom furniture is from Ikea. Great store, but last time I went it had awful queues (oops, sorry, lines) which ruined the day. Waiting for 2 hours to pay for stuff just isn't fun.
Grace - i haven't seen mamma mia but i'd like to (we're talking about the stage production right? or do you mean a film version?). my mum is coming to visit me soon and i'm thinking of taking her to see sing-a-long a sound of music. should be fun!
back to the grindstone,
kirsty
ps hello to everyone else about to post!! only 2.5 hours to go till hometime for me - hee hee!! BF and I are going to go to yoga tonight. He's never been before but wants to try it. It will be v odd to do an exercise class with him there. Speaking of odd and exercise, a girl at my "legs, bums and tums" class the other day was doing it in full make-up, including false eyelashes!!! hello - this is a gym (and most of the men that use it are gay - well, it's soho, london, after all!).
Old 01-24-2002, 10:38 AM   #7  

Angry crazy days

Well, my days are crazy as usual. Yesterday I had a really good day. I was OP all day and then I went to WI and lost 2#. I was very excited. 6 more pounds until I get to my 10 for this year. The holidays were really tough and I think I will feel better once I have lost the 10. Today is a long day for me so I had to pop in here to get some support and see how everyone else was doing. I like the weeends because I have them off, but i don't like them because I tend to eat more then too. My goal for this weekend is to plan out my day, stick to the numbers, and stay out of the kitchen. I certainly hope that it works for me. I just need to keep myself busy. I'm hoping to get together with some friends who will keep me out of the house and away from bad food.
Have a great day!!

Melissa
Old 01-24-2002, 10:38 AM   #8  
Scotland's finest export

Default not for the squeamish

Haggis is a Scottish dish consisting of a sheep's or calf's offal mixed with suet, oatmeal, and seasoning and boiled in a bag, traditionally one made from the animal's stomach. Nice, huh?! Basically heart, liver and lungs. Oh, and Royal Haggis is made from venison (deer).
Old 01-24-2002, 10:47 AM   #9  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey all... I have to say, e-tools is hard to cheat on. I went over by 3 points. And did you know that you can only count up to 4 exercise points a day?? My leader never said anything about that! It is good to see where I have been cheating myself tho. Hopefully this will kickstart a loss!!!

Kirsty... have fun! I LOVE cheese too and refuse to give it up. I eat less now tho, but not the FF stuff. That is wretched!!! Oh and the Haggis sounds yucky. But you gotta do what you gotta do! Enjoy!

Grace/Jen... I so want to see Mama Mia. My hubby was going to take me in Dec., but we only had 3 days notice and it didn't work. I love ABBA and have heard rave reviews about it!

Congrats on the loss Melissa!
Old 01-24-2002, 10:57 AM   #10  
Bono Fanatic!

Kirsty and Jen - My fellow cheese lovers! Cheese is my absolute favorite food and I could easily eat cheese and nothing else for dinner! (and I have many times!) It is the only food I cannot live without. I have found through experience that I need to eat at least a little cheese (real, not fat free, which is not cheese!!)every single day. If not, I binge on other things because I am not satisfied. One time when I didn't have cheese, I ended up eating an entire can of nuts! Like you, Kirsty, I know it the reason I used to be overweight. Now I just eat less of it (usually...)

Yeah, I'm working hard today....
Old 01-24-2002, 11:15 AM   #11  
Scotland's finest export

as if plenty of haggis, tatties and neeps (mashed potatoes and turnips) wasn't bad enough for me, for afters we're going to have oatcakes and cheese!!! i've got low-fat brie, garlic+herb brie, edam, gouda, herb roulade and wensleydale with cranberries. and probably some i've forgotten. mmmmmm. i'll have to be extra good the rest of the weekend to make up!
you wouldn't think i was a WW!!
melissa - well done on the loss!
Old 01-24-2002, 11:28 AM   #12  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Ugh...

Hi everyone... I'm sort of down today because I really haven't done a very good job of following the plan for the past couple of days. I haven't journaled, haven't eaten worth a darn, and haven't been to the gym in a week. I've turned into some sort of scary workaholic during the past week. I come in at 7 and stay til 6. And then I'm too tired to care at all about what I eat and don't feel like going to the gym. At least things will return to semi-normal starting tomorrow. And I'm going to set a very short-term goal for myself today: to make it through the day without going over my points. (I told you it was very short term) And I'm going to set a slightly longer-term goal for myself--to make it for one week following the plan exactly. I don't know why it's so hard for me.

OK, enough of that depressingness...

Grace--What is this Mamma Mia (sorry, I'm kind of sheltered here in NE)? I've never heard of it... And, not to gloat or anything, but it's Friday for me... They won't pay me overtime for working the super-long days, instead it's just comp time. I'm looking forward to my 3-day weekend, even though I really don't have anything planned.

Kirsty--Haggis? Something else I've never heard of. It doesn't sound at all appetizing, but I really can't say that because I've never tried it. And I'm a cheeseaholic too! I get the kind that's made with 2% milk because it's a little lower in fat and I can't tell a difference, but sometimes that cheese is what saves me from pigging out on everything that has fat in it in my apartment.

Melissa--Congratulations on the loss!! That's great!!

Oh, quick question--does anyone have any creative ideas for things to do with English muffins? I can only think of making them into pizzas (since that's what's on my mind )

OK, this is plenty long you guys are probably tired of reading it by now. So I suppose I'll get back to work. Only 8 hours left, yay! And it's almost time for me to go home and have lunch with my Bear (that's my boyfriend's nickname)...

Hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 01-24-2002, 11:43 AM   #13  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Melissa, I make breakfast sandwiches with Eng Muffins with either egg whites or egg beaters, cheese slice and sometimes a slice of Ham. I have also made regular sandwiches with them also. I always toast them for sandwiches.
Old 01-24-2002, 11:49 AM   #14  
Parrothead

Default Quick Post

Hi all! This is just a quick post because I need to get off of the phone line. I wish I could afford a DSL or Cable line for the internet, but oh well. We don't even have cable TV! Imagine, I haven't seen the real world since the first season in NYC ten years ago. Its really funny though, I don't miss it at all. I haven't had cable in about 4 years, so I have saved a ton of money. Its amazing how good I have gotten at cost cutting lately. I do my own nails and eyebrows now and clip a ton of coupons. I only wish I were like this when I stll had a job. Speaking of jobs I had a great interview today for a Marketing position. Hopefully it will turn out good. I'll keep ya'll posted.

Sorry about the whining! I need to jet. I'll check in soon!
K

PS - For the english muffin, what about a grilled ham and cheese (low fat stuff)? Those are always good for me...
Old 01-24-2002, 12:26 PM   #15  

Angry

Good morning ladies!!

Wow, we are a chatty bunch today!

Kirsty, Haggis sounds dreadful, I guy I work with is Irish, and loves it....I can't get past the thought of what I am eating....but your party sounds great and lots of fun!!

Kay ~ I will be sending you positive thoughts for the marketing position, good luck!!!

Jess ~ Motivation is a tough thing. Do your best. I found when I get down and not being very good OP, I do some web surfing, look for new foods to cook, and try to read a good fitness/nutrition book. I am now reading "Thin for Life" and love it, I can relate to so much!! Hang in there!!

Jen (JKarr) ~ A woman after my own heart! I cannot live without cheese, and anyone that says FF cheese tastes like the real thing is on crack..... I really have to watch how much I eat, if I cut it out I end up overindulging, so I limit my intake, (of the real stuff, mind you!! )

Jen ~ Etools sounds great, I may join, accountability is a good think, right?? Keep up the good work!

Melissa ~ Way to go on the loss!!!!!!!

Becky ~ Your weekend sounds busy, but fun. Don't give up, you are doing a great job, we all have low points in staying OP, you will find the motivation you need soon.

Well, I have been busy at work, which is a good thing, and busy at home with DH, the kids and our puppy. Things are good. But, I did decide not to go to WW meetings anymore. Our leader lacks lots of pizzaz, and never has focused meetings, so I am back following the program at home, and relying on you all. I did it once (lost 35 pounds) I can do it again and lose the last 10 pounds.

I am reading "Thin for Life" now and really find it inspirational. It is helping me get the motivation back I need. I am staying OP, and drinking my water. I have also started to get up at 5:30 a.m. and walk the dog. It is great exercise, plus I find it relaxing to walk when it is dark and no one is out.

I just got my hair colored today. I am normally a dark blonde with light blonde highlights person. But I just got it colored strawberry blonde today. I love it!!!! I will try to post a pic of it.

Well, I am writing a book, better get back to work. I will check back in a bit!!

Hello to everyone lurking or about to post!!
Closed Thread