Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 12-01-2007, 04:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

Lightbulb December CYBER BINGERS thread - Warning: trigger foods mentioned

When I first started this thread, I really wasn't expecting how helpful it would be, or what a wonderful community of supportive people I would find. Thank you, girls! And once again, thank you to Emily for the original idea

So here is our new thread, just for December. The general idea of this thread is that we can come here to actually type out what we want to binge on, because once it's down on paper, we really see what we would be putting in our mouths. It's basically cyber purging in reverse...we're just getting it out of our systems before we pack in all the extra calories. Everyone is welcome!

I'm not really craving anything right now. I want to beat my November record this month of days free of overeating, so I'm sure that I will be here off and on. Best wishes!

Last edited by just_a_dreamy1; 12-01-2007 at 04:02 PM.
just_a_dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 06:58 PM   #2  

Speaking of Emily, here I am!

I am genuinely hungry and its late at night, which isnt a good combo. OK...so this is what I WANT to eat:

-alpro soya chocolate dessert
-crumpet with peanut butter
-wholefood cocoa-flavour bar thing
-cereal with soy milk
-dried fruit
-a banana or two
-chocolate flavour things, in general
-baked beans (???)
-crisps

lordy

think I may just have some fruit.

xxx
CousinRockingChair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 11:51 AM   #3  

Hi Emily. It's great to hear from you again!

How did last night go after you posted?

We ended up at my sister's to help her move, and instead of getting supper when my sister asked us to get something for the children, we waited until after everything was finished. Well, that wasn't until quarter after 9 I got so hungry that I actually caved and ate two timbits. I don't even like timbits, and I felt awful about it, even though it was definitely not a binge.

I think that was a case of beating myself up too much about something very small and inconsequential

Today, I'm feeling ok. I must confess though I have a bunch of stuff that I should really get done today, but I really don't feel like getting out of my pajamas, doing my hair, or putting makeup on. I mean, c'mon, it snowed and it's really cold!

Sucks to be me, I guess

Last edited by just_a_dreamy1; 12-02-2007 at 11:52 AM.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:31 PM   #4  

Yes, do NOT beat yourself up!

I ended up only having 200 cals..an apple and a small soya dessert!

HOORAY!!!!

xxx
CousinRockingChair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 04:13 PM   #5  

arggggggggggggggh.right now i REALLY want :
about 10 loafs of bread!
cheese and onion crisps!! argh, dontknow why.

how u doing just a dreamy?????

its the evening and im hungry, but i wont binge, dnt want to mess this up. i have good feelings abou the next week. no binges
dusty88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 05:46 PM   #6  

Emily -

dusty88 - My eating has been weird today, but no overeating. Sending you lots of !
Maybe try distracting yourself with something that will make you feel good. Or go to bed...you did say that it's evening, and I get really vulnerable when I'm tired.
BTW, do you mind if I ask what your actual name is? It feels strange to still be calling you by your username when we've been 'chatting' on these forums for so long now

Last edited by just_a_dreamy1; 12-02-2007 at 05:51 PM.
Old 12-03-2007, 02:01 PM   #7  
Geek and like it.

Location: i am neither greek nor athenian, but a citizen of the world.

tropical mix! lots and lots of it! with chocolate covered peanuts, and brazil nuts, and other nuts.
had a WW chocolate dessert tonight but it wasn't chocolatey enough (sigh).
luckily I do not *have* any chocolate covered nuts.
hope u guys are well, I'm at home in Wales now with only slow dial-up net so not on here so much x
Me23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 03:17 PM   #8  

no overeating,good for you kep it up. well i always call myself Dusty inonline forums....prefer not to give out my real name....so u can just call my dusty hehe

i didnt binge today, wooo! going on the scales tomorow...hope its good..
dusty88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 07:01 PM   #9  
Ima bundle *' emotion

i dont really know what i want but i do know with pms i'd love something chocolatey and saltey...hmmm maybe chocolate covered pretzels! yeah that sounds real good. and a bacon cheeseburger!
luckily (and unluckily) im broke so can't buy them
Extrinsic Rapture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 09:25 PM   #10  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Height: 5'5"

Around 1 am this morning, I had a binge.

We had just returned from spice girls to this trashy trailer we were staying at.
I ate:
-1/4 a pizza
- lots of chocolate chips
- dried mango slices

I didn't eat a whole lot the rest of today... but it just felt like it. Since then:
- bowl of soup with cheese
- apple
- 2 oranges
- 2 pieces whole wheat toast
- lots of peanut butter
- 1 cookie

Not much. I just feel like crap.
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 11:04 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/125

Height: 5'6

This is my last binge ever... I promise!

-2 90 calorie chocolate chip cookies
-2 frosted poptarts
-1 slice of bread with laughing cow
-1 slice of cheese with cream cheese
-giant bowl of kashi harvest cinnamon
-giant bowl of coco puffs
-4 whoppers

How disgusting Now that I wrote it down it makes it soo easy to never go back again.
RocknRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 11:27 PM   #12  

Lightbulb

Hi, girls

Sorry that I haven't posted in awhile...life got to me

I overate tonight I wish that I had a time machine so that I could go back, eat a good lunch, then have a good dinner and maybe a little treat, and drink my tea and have my bubble bath like I had planned. It would have been so nice!

But I am not going to beat myself up. I'll learn and move on, a stronger, smarter person

I just wanted to let you know about a delish discovery that I made...it's a tea called Bengal Spice, by Celestial Seasonings. Please try it!!!!!!!!!! Even if you don't normally like tea (my boyfriend loves it, and he is a junky...I don't know if I like sharing, though ) It smells so good, and tastes even better Once I have some, I really don't want to ruin the taste with food, so it helps me control my eating.

I just pop a bag in a mug of hot water, microwave it for 2 minutes, leave it for about 5, pop it in for another minute, then add a little 1% milk and sometimes some splenda. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 12-07-2007, 12:54 PM   #13  

Cool

I would like to eat:

A Lindor truffle. It's actually sitting on my desk.

I'm not going to, though, because it's milk chocolate. The dark chocolate ones are so much more divine. I think I might buy one sometime this weekend to celebrate me
Old 12-07-2007, 02:28 PM   #14  
Geek and like it.

Location: i am neither greek nor athenian, but a citizen of the world.

mmmm, that tea sounds amazing! Wonder if could get it in the U.K - who makes it? I also made a little discovery btw - Rosemary Conley's chocolate mousses are only 122 cals and taste really really chocolatey...
right now I want praline. lots of prailine.....
i am starting to notice my cyber binges tend to revolve around chocolate!
Me23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 09:02 PM   #15  
mdl
whole foods bakery queen

hello ladies,
i have been hiding in my own self pity for the past few days. kinda binged a few times i guess. don't know if it was a binge per se but it was mindless eating. not even thinking and just putting whatever was around in my mouth...but choosing to keep food around that i knew i would not be OK with post-putting it in my mouth. sigh.

but for some random *** reason i have calmed down and am feeling better now. even though all my problems are still the same i know that food will not help solve them but in the short term it is a comfort. i'm sorry. i try to do non food comforts and they work to a certain extent but i will probably always seek solace in food -- to what extent is up to me i suppose??

anywho, if anyone wants to chat and/or maybe start an online scrabble group or something i would be down

AIM put these letters together r o u n d t w
or email same as bove with aim.com at the end

Last edited by mdl; 05-19-2008 at 12:54 PM. Reason: removed personal info
mdl is offline   Reply With Quote