General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-28-2007, 03:40 PM   #1  
I'm a Loser ;)

S/C/G: SCG: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Red face Serendipity?

This is what my current supervisor calls it.

I have been working at a local college for about 5 years. My position is extremely high stress and very underpaid. I'm very devoted to my job and enjoy the people I work with (both staff and student).

I also supervise examinations from other institutes and companies worldwide in my centre.

I agreed to a $5000 job (for my company, not me unfortunately!).

Today who walks in but the head supervisor of a position I took at a bank (through a temp agency). This supervisor was trying to help me get a postion there years ago when I did some work through them. Unfortunately I didn't meet the credentials then.

Now, I ended up supervising HER for an exam. She saw all the work that I do and was amazed. When I told her that my position was Office Assistant "II" she was shocked. I should be getting paid a Administrative Assistant II wage (at least another $1200 per month) and doing way less work.

She is begging me to work for her at the bank (apparently after I started work full time at my current job, they were trying to get in touch with me to ask me to come back). She has given me her card and asked that I send in my resume. Apparently their company has expanded and they're very short staffed.

I remember working at this job. It was the least stressful job, no backstabbing, no whining... Everyone got along. If you made a mistake, they helped you work it out... not rub it in your face.

That's kind of cool. I've been thinking for a little while now about getting another job.
tamaralynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 03:54 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Wow May things work out for the best!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 05:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Sometimes the right things happen at the right time, it's wonderful that you recognize that! It sounds like a great opportunity! Good Luck!
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 05:47 PM   #4  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Sounds like an answer to a prayer. Go for it.

Does it offer the same or better benefits? Since it is a bank, you should have access to a good retirement account.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote