View Poll Results: Black Team or No Black Team?
Yes! 21 67.74%
No. 5 16.13%
Maybe? 2 6.45%
I don't care one way or another 3 9.68%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-26-2007, 12:40 PM   #1  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Default Should there be a black team next challenge?

I know that this round we had a black team form because there were people that didn't meet the initial deadline. Aside from the temporary stress is leadership it worked out pretty well.

So I would like to know if you think that there should be another Black team next round. The deadline to get in will be later for that team but the over all rules will be the same. Of course there will have to be a cut off point but it will allow for some cushion in case people are late getting to the boards.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:56 PM   #2  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Yes, I think so. So many people wanted to be involved but missed out (or messed up) and having a Black Team would provide a "cushion" that would include more people.

The regular challenge is just going to be 1 big group though, right?
Old 11-26-2007, 01:19 PM   #3  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Red face

Yes, I agree. I think there def should be a Black team for those that just want it and those that straggle in late. I think Julz did a wonderful job taking control of the situation and keeping the team going.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:25 PM   #4  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

This was my first challenge ever, so maybe this is a dumb question...could we keep the same black team and just add more people? I've become very fond of my team mates.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:37 PM   #5  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

I guess it depends on what you mean by a "black" team. If you mean, do we want our current Black team members to continue with us on future challenges...the answer is a definite 'Yes!' If you mean, should you be required to form a black team every time, that would depend on you. I don't think any of us should ask you to take on the additional responsibility of a third group with different requirements from the Red and Blue teams.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:42 PM   #6  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

My opinion is do it like it was done this time. There are going to be a bunch of people who dont meet the deadline and they can form a black team if they wish. Kinda sounds like black team is intending on just staying together as they are so perhaps they can just welcome in the next round of people who dont make deadline. Might make for a huge team though which could be an unfair advantage in challenges.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:12 PM   #7  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

I definitely want everything to be fair.

Here's what I had planned for next challenge:

There's still going to be a Red Team and a Blue Team

The big change is that there is going to be one chat thread

All members will be placed on Teams at random. The constant is that I will stay Blue Team Leader and Melissa (hun.e.b) will stay Red Team Leader

There's only going to be one results thread for the entire challenge and it will be stickied!

There's going to be one exercise challenge and one water challenge for the entire round.

Assuming there's a Black Team:

The Black Team is eligible to participate in all challenges

The Black Team's deadlines to weigh in will need to match the Blue and Red Team's so that we can all post results in one thread

The deadline to sign up for the Black Team will be 2 weeks after the Red and Blue Team.

There has to be a limit on how many people we can take in. Like Melissa mentioned, if The Black Team has too many people it creates an unfair advantage.
----------------------------------------

My main goal next challenge is minimalization. With there being so many threads, we keep pushing the poor Jillian's Girls thread lower and lower, not to mention less is more and its way easier to navigate. These ideas are still just a rough draft. I still have lots of planning to do.

I still haven't figured out how I'm going to fill the Black Team yet. That's still in the works.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:16 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

I voted No, but my real feelings are sort of a hybrid between Melissa's suggestion to leave it like it was this time and your suggestions, Michelle. I think that having a team for the late starters is a good choice, so people who join the boards or just plain didn't see the challenge can participate.

I totally agree that fewer threads would be better, but I like having separate chat threads, at least. It's been hard enough to keep up with just one set of team members! Remember, in the blue chats, we had some people who were feeling ignored/left out because their posts weren't getting responded to... I worry that this would happen a LOT with only one chat thread for two-three teams.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:16 PM   #9  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

The exercise and water challenges sound great, but could there be a "veggies and fruits" or "whole foods" challenge too? I just think supporting sound nutrition is as important as exercise and water

Last edited by SoulBliss; 11-26-2007 at 02:17 PM.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:29 PM   #10  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by practiceliving View Post
I totally agree that fewer threads would be better, but I like having separate chat threads, at least. It's been hard enough to keep up with just one set of team members! Remember, in the blue chats, we had some people who were feeling ignored/left out because their posts weren't getting responded to... I worry that this would happen a LOT with only one chat thread for two-three teams.
I agree with this too. With one chat thread for all 3 teams it'll be very hard to keep up with everyone for a while. Like all the challenges though, peeps drop out and we are left with only a few peeps chatting anyways so I dunno. Whatever y'all think is best.

And I guess the random thing is fair, but I am totally attached to Melissa (Hun.E.B), and look forward to being on her team again. I'd be a little let down if I wasn't on a team with her, BUT, that being said, if we obnly have 1 chat thread like you said, that could totally be fixed, LOL!

Am I the only one having anxiety about this challenge ending soon? LOL!

Also, Has Julz or someone agreed to head up the Black team?
Old 11-26-2007, 02:33 PM   #11  
Melissa

The thing with having just one chat is for greater support. So many people sign up for the challenge and then never participate in the chat thread and support their teammates. By having just the one chat everyone can support each other, it takes a bit of the "competition" out of it but adds a whole new aspect of support which is really what we are all after isnt it? Plus, as the challenge goes on so many people drop out and the support goes even more down. Right now we only have 4 or 5 regular posters on the Red team out of a team of 14.

The competition between teams is still there but we can all support each other. Plus there have been plenty of times where another team will be having a fantastic conversation about something that the other teams I'm sure would love to be in on.

Strength in numbers I say!
Old 11-26-2007, 02:44 PM   #12  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

Red face

HA! I see your point O'Wise one, hehe
Old 11-26-2007, 03:45 PM   #13  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hun.e.B View Post
Plus there have been plenty of times where another team will be having a fantastic conversation about something that the other teams I'm sure would love to be in on.
So, I don't have to lurk on the black and red threads anymore?
Old 11-26-2007, 04:15 PM   #14  
Melissa

AHA! See I'm not the only one guilty of that! LOL!

~melissa
Old 11-26-2007, 05:38 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/153

Height: 5'6"

I voted yes... I'm obviously a little biased

I would be up for heading up a Black Team if you guys decide to have another one. I've enjoyed keeping up with the numbers, etc and I've also enjoyed getting to know all the ladies who have been active participants on the team (even a 4th cousin of mine who I never knew existed!!!)

The one chat for all mankind is a good idea, I agree with Hun.E.B about people signing up and never participating in chat - so it would be great for EVERYONE to participate.

Maybe you could allow those who want to stay in the challenge on their respective team stay where they're at (especially the "active" participants) and then fill the empty spots at random with new people who want to join in (up to a certain designated number that would be chosen by Chellez)? I know we've lost a huge number of ladies since the beginning of the challenge, so there's definitely available spots.

Also, I would have no problem switching over to the "red and blue team" rules. I'm not sure if there are any huge differences other than the weigh-in deadlines.... so, that wouldn't be a big deal at all.

Last edited by LondonJulz; 11-26-2007 at 05:39 PM.