Old 11-26-2007, 05:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/218/170

Height: 5.2

Default La Take Off

Morning Ladies,
I just finish my first day TO, it was have hard to do being a person that ate once a day. I feel heavier but didn't gain any weight or loose any. I think I'm too much in a hurry to see the weight loss but nothing so far. How long does it take before you loose your first lb?
Thanks.
Nal123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 08:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 224/189/130

Height: 5'5"

Nal, it usually takes me a few days after I do a takeoff to see the results, but I didn't start the LAWL program with a takeoff, so not speaking for when you first start the program. For everyone it is different.

It will take your body a few days to adjust to eating the way you are now, and for your water levels to sort themselves out. I am sure within a few days you will see a difference and be pleased

Good luck with the plan, and welcome
Pastrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 10:20 AM   #3  
Sarah: LAWL Not-So Newbie

S/C/G: 187/150/125

Height: 5'4"

I started seeing my loss after my 3rd WI... Dont be discouraged, and very important: don't weight yourself at home... for me it works better if I wait for my WI at the COD.. the thrill of waiting to see what will come up motivates me..
IKIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 04:53 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Nal, I stayed the same while doing the Fast Forward, but started dropping after that. So don't be discouraged. I still ended up losing 3 pounds the first week, so just give it time to work.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 08:34 PM   #5  

Thank you all for the kinds words. I'm trying to be positive and not get discourage too fast.

Sarah - My problem is running the scale to see how much i lost .. nothing so far Everything takes time..
Old 11-26-2007, 09:57 PM   #6  
Cathy

S/C/G: 222/198.4/142

Height: 5'1

The trick for me is to not weigh myself at home. I had two scales when I started LAWL and I threw them both out. I rely solely on WI'S. I knew having a scale in the house would just torment me so away they went.

I am done my first day of TO and I am glad I only have one to go. It didnt seem so hard the first time for me. But this one does. This is my third time and had I not bought the juice when it was on sale buy 3 get 1 free I wouldnt be doing it again. My reason being that I dont have to depend on TO to do this and I dont want to have to rely on it forever. So I wont be doing it again till I plateau.

Good luck on day 2.
Catway8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 10:12 AM   #7  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Nal I felt the same way with my first day of takeoff. I felt soo heavy and bloated. I was retaining water bad. Have your counselors told you about hot lemon water? It definately helps! It acts as a diuretic, and gets rid of all that extra water. After doing Hot lemon water my second week I dropped close to 5 lbs that I am pretty sure was from water. Use 8 ozs of hot water (as hot as you can stand it) and juice from half a lemon, i usually drop the half in the water after extracting the juice. Also you can add splenda to make it a little sweeter if you choose.
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 03:52 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 187/171.8/150

Height: 5feet 4inches

I am on my second day of TO - I am starving....just had a bar..and all I have left to look forward to is 2 oz of chicken with green veggies..
can't wait till tommorrow am

I too, bought the deal, get 3 for price of 2....yeesh, sucker for punishment
QueenLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 07:26 PM   #9  

Hello Ladies,
Today I finish my TO - weigh in at 218.. only lost two pounds but I guess its better than 0..
Kimberly - thanks for the tip.. I will sure do that
Now the work began - they put me on plan 3 with sample lites but I'm trying to stay away from them .. too expensive
Old 12-01-2007, 11:56 AM   #10  
Sarah: LAWL Not-So Newbie

S/C/G: 187/150/125

Height: 5'4"

Nal, there's always replacements for the lites, like the Luna bars... but if you like the lites you can always buy them at ebay or wait for your COD to have a special. Just yesterday I bought 20 boxes for $179 which takes it to $8 something per box...
IKIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 03:26 PM   #11  

I know that alot of people do the take off but I liked the fast forward since it was only 2 days. I couldn't have any lites but I got unlimited proteins and green veggies as well as the fast forward drink and did lose 6.5 pounds after I was done.
I probably wont do it again unless I have a plateau but it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I also did not weigh myself until after it was over.
Judy
judyt is offline   Reply With Quote