Old 11-21-2007, 09:57 PM   #1  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Height: 5'5"

Default By the End of This Year...

Wow I can't believe the end of November is a week and half away... And then it's just 31 days until the end of the year. CRAZY!!!!

So I was wondering what everyone wanted to accomplish between now and January 1st 2008. I know this thread is pretty common in other groups and stuff, but I haven't seen one in the 20-somethings thread.

Did you get close to your goal this year? Do you have a last mini goal you want to meet before you welcome in the new year? What have you acheived over 2007? What were your favorite NSVs or weight loss goals that you met this year?

Looking over 2007:(so far...)
I'm pretty happy with having overhauled my disordered eating into a semblance of healthy eating. Sure I still eat sugar almost every day, but I'm really proud that:
a) I don't really binge anymore. And if I have it isn't the extent that I used to.
b) I haven't gained any weight this year.
c) I can remain the same weight for a few weeks without stepping on the scale to check it all the time (used to be a panic causer for me, to not know what I weighed...)

Last Ditch Mini Goal:
I'd really like to lose another 3-5 pounds and get between 140lbs and 145lbs. If I can I'd like to lose a couple more inches.
I'd also like to keep the weight/strength training up as a steady part of my exercise, and make it a three day a week habit.

This thread is just me thinking ahead to January when I can look back to the month I officially started my weight loss journey and take photos (I took some "before shots" last Jan.) to compare.
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:29 PM   #2  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

Smile End Of 2007

HI!
I have set a goal for myself of 10 lbs, but Thanksgiving. I have lost about 5 lbs. For that, I am SO proud of myself,
I want and need to lose this next five, I know once I lose this first 10, it will get easier, and more realistic to me.
So my goals are:
GET DOWN TO 170
KEEP UP MY WORK-OUTS!
Continue to watch what I am eating and making healthy choices, healthier choices, and skipping desserts and treats as much as possible!
I am trying not to eat out as much, a very big struggle, but if I do, I am trying to eat smaller portions, and MAKE BETTER CHOICES!!!
I took my first measurements on NOV. 18th and expect to see some nice changes in measurements by Dec. 18th!!

Cats Tounge--- Thanks for the post, PLEASE post your before and afters!!!
vixjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 02:29 AM   #3  

S/C/G: See tracker

Thanks for starting this thread

I'm hoping to lose between 5-6 lbs, 1lb per week till end of this year. I'm not going over what happened during this year because there was a lot of dissapointment. At the beginning I was doing well, I then gained back all the weight I had lost and had to restart again =(

I've already written down some of my goals/plans for next year.
Fitness wise: I want to keep a steady weight training schedule which I'm going to start next week. I want to do more cardio and get into running/jogging. I'm planning to join a professional gym and attend spinning and kickboxing classes.
Weight wise: I want to maintain a 1-2 lbs loss per week. Keep setting mini goals throughout the year to stay on tack. I want to try and reach 85% of my goal next year.
Nutrition wise: Plan out balanced meals weekly and cut out refined carbs and sugars, add more lean protein. Try new recipies and foods every week, try to stick to seasonal fruits and veggies. Revise and revisit my plans.

It would be great if everyone could share and post their ideas and plans on here, we could use some inspiration

Last edited by JigglyBits; 11-22-2007 at 02:34 AM.
JigglyBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 09:46 AM   #4  
Registered Diva

S/C/G: 172/142/119

Height: 5'5

By the end of this year I will be at my goal weight.
I will have followed my exersize rutine perfectly.
I will be a size 4.
I will have a maaaaaarvelous time.

Looking back, I find this year has been a very happy and productive one. I've managed to do many things!! I got a job singing. I RECORDED a demo. I met a lot of wonderful people and made great friends. I've done a lot of things I used to be afraid of. I didnt let anything hold me down. I'm really proud of myself cause I feel very strong. Like nothing could ever stop me from doing what I want. I also think I've become a kinder, more understanding person. I feel very different. I battled my depression ALONE and won. There are so many things that happened this year that Im greatful for. And I'm sure that the year 2008 will bring a lot more successes than this year. I have high hopes for 2008, so many things I want to acomplish, and keeping fit is just the top of the iceberg.
lointhecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 11:19 AM   #5  
Skinny cow in the making!

S/C/G: 193/149/126

Height: 5'4

By the end of 2007 I would like to be down to 168lbs.
I seem to lose weight so slowly! But I am getting there!

So far, since June, I have accomplished the following:
1) I have overcome my binge-eating habbits. I haven't had a binge in months and I am so pleased because it has been hard, but it is worth it!
2) I exercise 3 times a week at least. Fast walking and jogging are my favourites.
3) I am still the same size as I was at my starting weight, but some clothes are slightly looser.

Congratulations to everyone on all they have achieved this year!

Let's all look forward to 2008 and everything we can achieve between now and January 1st and all we can achieve in 2008!

Last edited by Jadeybaby; 12-05-2007 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Typos!
Jadeybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 12:16 PM   #6  
Bikini Dreader

S/C/G: 141/120/120

Height: 5'3''

This is something I was thinking about the other day. I am not good at new years resolutions so I want to make sure I'm on my way to my goal weight by the end of the year.
So my goal is to be 128 by the end of the year. I think I've lost some weight already since I last checked so I haven't been able to update my signature. Fingers crossed. I haven't been on the scale in a while.
Im also working on finding a job so by the end of this year I will have one! I have a few interviews coming up so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that too.

Good luck everyone.
Bikini Dreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 07:23 PM   #7  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Wow this is cool.

I didn't mean for it to be such an inspirational thread, I was totally just curious but it definitely has become inspirational. It's so neat to see what everyone wants to accomplish this year.

vixjean: Imost definitely will post my before/afters... But not for another month. And it'll be a big step for me. I'm definitely in my undies for them . lol We'll see about the afters, I might switch to a swim suit or something.
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 10:30 AM   #8  
What am I waiting for?

S/C/G: 315/254/160

Height: 5'6"

I would like to break into the 270s even 279 would be awsome it might be a lot to hope for in the next 4 weeks though. At least passing below 285 would be awsome.
jasmine987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 11:33 AM   #9  
is baaaad to the bone!

S/C/G: 145!

Height: 5'8"

Did you get close to your goal this year? I started my life change (eating wise) at the end of September (after a 3 month commitment to the gym that didn't see any weight loss) and have lost 26lbs over 9 weeks, so I am happy with that. I don't have a goal set for the year, but I'm happy with what I have done so far! Do you have a last mini goal you want to meet before you welcome in the new year? Mine is a Christmas Goal - and I'm only 6lbs away - I know I can make it! I have been really positive throughout my journey and I think that is very helpful for me. What have you acheived over 2007? I work out 5-6 days per week, I feel better, I don't feel lazy and yuck all the time....I am conscious of what I am putting in my mouth, and have found that I am very strong when I put my mind to it (I already knew this, but allowed my weight to get out of control!) I have not fallen off my wagon because I have set myself up for success. What were your favorite NSVs or weight loss goals that you met this year? I was complimented by a man at the gym that works out at the same time as me...that was about 15lbs ago...so very exciting.....I can now wear a size smaller (US 16) than I was when I started my diet...and those are even loose (not quite a 14 yet) my scrubs at my part time job are falling off of me and I'm hoping for new ones for Christmas...my under arm flab is finally starting to shrink!!!

:carro t:

Last edited by SunshineRunner; 11-24-2007 at 11:35 AM.
SunshineRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 01:36 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 140/140/118

Height: 5'2

I plan on losing about 8-10 pounds by christmas, hopefullly I can manage that. My main goal till then is to excercise everyday for an hour. I need to get fit and toned even more than to lose weight- i look pretty slim mostly except my unflat stomach and the tops of my legs.

This year hasnt' been good, i lost the most weight i ever have in june but since then it's been going up and down a lot. It's never got too high though. I'm definately changing my eating habits though, i've had problems with my thyroid, getting blood tests and things, hopefully if that gets sorted out it'll help my weight, and i think that could be to do with my bad diet.
xblondie86x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 04:33 AM   #11  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

I would like to be in the low 170s...I know it's going to be tough, but that would be the ultimate gift of the season LOL.

Last edited by sockmonkey70; 11-25-2007 at 04:33 AM. Reason: sp
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 10:14 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

I just started really doing this in October - so I haven't lost much - but I've lost.
Things that I'm proud of
- I don't binge eat anymore, and my fears of falling back into my Bulemia tendencies of when I was a teenager have subsided.
- I have learned that I don't need to eat until I'm full - only until I'm not hungry.
- I've realized that counting calories is the best and easiest thing for me to do. I know how many I'm eating, how many I need to eat, and how much I'm losing daily with the Calorie Deficit I'm doing. It's a control thing.
- What I'm most proud of is that I've over come my large portions and I have learned and remembered that my daughter is only 5 and she does not need nor want to eat adult sized portions... I'm breaking the cycle and pray she never has to battle weight like I have.

Fitness wise - I want to continue my exercise program 6 days a week. It's truely making a HUGE difference.
Weight wise - I want to see and kiss the #180's GOODBYE! so my goal of New Years is to be at #179.

I'm still learning to set reasonable and obtainable goals for myself. I'm sonetime overzealous - and get very disappointed in myself when I don't reach my goals.
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 10:53 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

A couple of things I've done this year:
** I've lost 46 pounds
** Any time I've gained weight I didn't let it screw me up I just tried harder
** I've gotten control of eating out (which use to cause me a lot of anxaity)
** I no longer wear plus size clothing.

Mini Goals for the end of the year:
** No longer be obese (which means losing those last 7 pounds)
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 02:47 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 147/144/132

Height: 5'7"

So by Christmas (which is now officially 30 days away) I want to reach 134....i know that that is about 10 pounds, but 144 is my full, I have been eating for the last 4 days straight, post-thanksgiving weight. surprisingly the sunday before thanksgiving I weighed 137....and now i lost all of that ground that I made. anyway in the nature of this thread, my goal for January 1st this year is to actually get back down to my goal weight so for once I can make a new year's resolution to stay just the way that I am!!! I know it is going to be insanely hard seeing as I have final exams the week before christmas and that is when I normally do all of my stress binge eating, but that is a huge goal to not give into that old habit. It is time to finally take control and just do what I always say I want to do. I am so close!!!
TheSunWillComeOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 03:56 PM   #15  
Colleen

S/C/G: 155/131/120

Height: 5'1"

I'm sort of wary about setting any goals... but I'd like to be at my goal or at least 117 by the end of the year.

As far as what I've done. I'm really proud of the additional 10 lbs I've been able to shave off this year and my starting weight training. I'm also proud that I've been a much better calorie counter.
SavingServo is offline   Reply With Quote