Old 11-19-2007, 11:21 PM   #1  
new girl is in town

S/C/G: 170/169/110

Height: 5ft2

Default do you ever feel like you have to explain your weight to people you just met?????

I do.... I am sick of it. Anyways, i am new here. The only internet "groupie" deal i have been a part of is myspace. Well, i am deleting it now and this is going to be my myspace where i am surrounded by people my age like me that aren't trying to flaunt flawless bods for guys to message them. Instead we are trying to carve our flawless bodies out of what we have right now..lol I just need motivation!!! And i have zero energy, is that due to my weight or what? I am very excited about this.I am happy to be here!!!
kasey lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 11:29 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

No, I never feel that I have to explain my weight to anybody , why would you want to do that ?
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 11:36 PM   #3  
new girl is in town

really? wow,i don't know why. i have done it every since i had my son. I was 105 lbs before and i guess i feel like i have to tell them that so they don't think i have always been like this.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:03 AM   #4  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I've been fat since age 4, with only a couple years close to normal in high school (with the help of amphetemine diet pills). I don't tell my life story to strangers, but I don't hide it either. It's part of me, but not the most important part.

I don't know how to say this, without it sounding bad. It's my hang-up not yours, but I feel kind of sick inside when someone tells me they used to be thin, in that "at least I haven't always been fat" tone. It makes me feel like they're saying that they're much better and less disgusting than "real fat people" like me.

I don't know how thin people, or other overweight people perceive it, or whether their own experience with weight problems makes a difference.

I don't think a person has to justify themselves to anyone, whether they're in your position or mine.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 12:05 AM   #5  

I believe that weight and age are my business. Remember a woman who would tell her age would tell anything.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:19 AM   #6  

S/C/G: See tracker

Height: 5'5"

Kasey, I think I did sometimes feel that way. Specially after I was diagnosed with PCOS, I kept telling people that it was because of the hormone disorder and it adds weight and brings down my metabolism etc etc..
Yes, there is a relation between weight gain and PCOS but you cannot manage PCOS without loosing weight. Until I was able to realize that I used PCOS as an excuse for me being over weight. I don't do that anymore because no matter why you're fat people will still judge you on your looks etc. I just try to loose the weight and manage my PCOS problems. And it seems to be working =)
JigglyBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 02:16 AM   #7  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

No, unless circumstances call for it, if I might say so. For instance, I'm very easily cold, and I'm growing really tired of people inquiring "but you should have your thyroid checked, yadda-yadda, it's not normal, you must be sick", when in fact it's just my body reacting to a 30+ lbs difference it's not used to. Since it's either appearing as a sick person who willingly ignores her state or like someone who's lost weight, I still prefer to admit the weight loss--at least it's less worrying. But in general, I don't discuss it with people I don't know or whom I know are not interested in that stuff. Only if they are the ones to ask about it (my policy in such cases being "if you ask it, then you'll hear about it, and I don't want to hear you complaining after that" ).
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 06:54 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 165/ticker/110

Hi Kasey!! Welcome!!

Mmm I do feel as you, I feel I have to explain people why I went from 110 to 165, and I hate to do it so I´ve been isolating a lot, I know it sucks, and I have to work on it, but that´s what I´ve been doing for a year or so since I gained the weight.

About the energy level, I also feel like you, I´ve only lost 8 pds so far but they´ve made a HUGE difference, some is physicall and some is pshycological, facing the day knowing I´m eating healthier and I´m on my way to my goal is very important for me! Have you checked ur thyroid, maybe u have some problems too..

Well, tell us about ur eating plan and exercise and good luck!!!
Rafaella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 07:52 AM   #9  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

You know, explaining doesn't really make a difference. You are where you are. Who cares you know? JMHO.
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 07:55 AM   #10  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
I believe that weight and age are my business. Remember a woman who would tell her age would tell anything.
I've never heard that saying before. Well, I guess that's me, as I WILL tell anything. What's the horrible thing about telling ones age (or telling "anything", for that matter)?
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 04:07 PM   #11  

It is not horrible to tell. It just isn't something that a person you just met needs to know. I can't say that I give any thought to what people I just met weigh.I am intereste in family members or close friends, though..
Old 11-20-2007, 05:03 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

Ohmygosh, YES!

At my highest weight, I explained my weight even to people who were practically STRANGERS! I think I did it for the same reason you did; I wanted to make sure they knew I hadn't ALWAYS been a chubby chick! I felt so, so ugly and somehow had to validate myself by talking about how hot and thin I used to be.

I hated my body so much that I constantly obsessed over it, allowing myself to annoy strangers with my stupid "I was thin once - LOOK! Here are some pictures of THIN me!!" stories.

Now that I've lost plenty of weight, I've moved on from the obsession and rarely mention my body unless someone asks and/or the conversation is a relevant topic.

I had no energy at my HW either, by the way. Now, I have loads. You will too.
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 08:36 PM   #13  
new girl is in town

wow! you guys really are awesome!Thanx so much for your input. I did not expect people to really reply
Old 11-20-2007, 09:12 PM   #14  
I'm gettin' there

S/C/G: 261.5/177/130

Height: 5'4"

Yes, I've felt this before, but in a totally different way! I got a new job and had lost about 65lbs. then and I wanted to tell everybody about my loss. I am a quiet person, but I actually had to bite my tongue to keep my mouth shut.
Miss Valentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 10:07 PM   #15  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

HI WELCOME!!!
I have felt that way before, I used to be very fit and 125, seems heavy for my weight, but I was exteemly fit, and used to be a fitness instructor. Whenever I talk about the job, I feel weird, because I weigh so much now, so sometimes I will explain how I feel I gained this weight and why.
WELCOME
and
GOOD LUCK!!!
vixjean is offline   Reply With Quote