Old 11-19-2007, 04:58 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 7"

Default 30 Somethings Daily Chat Monday 11/19

Hello all,

I know I don't usually start the threads, but my parents had to be at the airport at 4:something. They woke up at 3:30 and were arguing ~ woke me up.

Hope everyone has a good Monday. I know that I will be doing stock all day, so lots of lifting and moving. I can also wear jeans and tennies ~ yeah!

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 06:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morning all. well today i'm working another extra day at the other location (help with surgeries). This location is close to my house, so i'm actually up, having a light breakfast, and then heading to the gym before work. Hope everyone has a great day
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 07:56 AM   #3  

Height: 5'6

Hey all!!

Good for you, GG!! How are you liking the gym?? Have you used the pool yet?

Lisa, take it easy with the lifting, don't hurt yourself!!

Well, got on the scale and I'M DOWN ANOTHER POUND!!!! WOO-HOO!!! I ame so excited that all my work is finally paying off. Did my Firm Sculp dvd today, and a new one I just got Saturday, Jiggle Free Abs....LOVE IT!!! I'm telling you, I think I finally found the program that works for me (hopefully I won't get bored, lol!!! They have so many videos, that shouldn't happen though, cause I can just switch them out occasionally). Anyway, sorry to get so excited, but I just feel so great, you know??

Well, I hope everyone has a super day. Gotta take the kids to the dentist & do conference and teacher's dinner tonight. Talk later!!

Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:20 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Hi Lisa ~ Working all of these hours really does suck. I guess the only comforting thought is that you're making $$$. I do hope that you'll be able to get some down time during the holiday season.

Morning GG ~ You Go Girl! Joining that gym was a smart decision. BTW, remember a few weeks ago when you went riding for the weekend and came home all sore LOL... My Annie rode for over an hour on Saturday and they worked her hard ~ the teacher and the horse. She was her usual active self all weekend. I would have been dying! The joys of youth:-).

Pam ~ I'm so happy for you!!!! You're working so hard and finally seeing results. Good for you ~ keep up the good work. Sounds like you have a very busy week with the kids. Let me know how the movie is tomorrow. Have you seen a preview for "Enchanted?" It looks so cute. I think that I'll take my kids on the next early dismissal day.

I took my two oldest to a swim b-day party at the Y on Saturday. I'd never been there before and it is such a nice one. I'd love for our family to join but just can't afford it right now. Maybe next year. We're saving our pennies right now for my Lasik surgery in the spring. Wasn't there someone else here at 30 somethings that had Lasik??? Time to get some work done. Hope that everyone is having a happy, healthy Monday ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:22 AM   #5  

Pam ~ forgot to mention your new "Borders." Sounds like the same kind of set-up that we have close to us. I love going to those shops! The kids love going to Borders as much as Mike and I do. Don't they have the coolest children's section? Enjoy!
Old 11-19-2007, 10:44 AM   #6  

good morning all!...hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

lisa: all that lifting should give you a great upperbody workout..be careful..sorry you were woke up so early!

gg: great job on the gym!...thats wonderful...have a great day at work

pam: congrats on the weight loss...thats wonderful!...you're so committed...keep up the great work

joan: a swim party at the y...love it...im assumming your y's pool is indoors..ours is too but its kinda old and uugghhh...sounds like fun..i love swimming...havent been in a while cause i was too fat but this summer may be different for me...glad you had a good time

well....i would like to report i am in a size........................7/8..........i cant believe it...im so happy...i want to go down one more size if possible..i think it is...im only 5 feet tall so a 5/6 should be very reasonable for me...i still want to lose a bunch more weight but i am thrilled about where i am...we are about ready to try to go off my thyroid meds...and i am a bit scared but we'll see.

have a great day!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:54 AM   #7  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

I am shocked...I haven't been on the computer since I started the weekend thread Saturday AM!! I think that's a new record!

It is sooooo nice to be in our house finally! The boys slept in their own beds in their own room ALL NIGHT!! I hope the novelty doesn't wear off in a couple weeks! And to welcome us, we woke up to a few inches of snow this AM! Pretty, but we didn't have a shovel at the house, so DH had to sweep the snow, which was hard, because it is wet snow. It's still snowing, but it's big flakes, and just turning to slush now.

I'll try and read and post more later...
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 11:13 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 154/144/135

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all!

Well this morning's news on the scales wasn't what I'd hoped, especially since I'd done so much work over the weekend. I worked outside several hours on Saturday (and of course paid for it yesterday with allergies galore). Yard work and my allergies just don't get along...and that stinks b/c I really enjoyed doing it.

The really cool part about Saturday's yard work was that I found a six foot walkway leading to our back door. My dear husband was out of town and knew nothing about it. Grass and dirt had covered this walk way and my dogs had begun to process of uncovering it...so I finished the job. That combined with the yard work at the church made me certain I'd have some weight loss this weekend...but if anything I think I gained. That doesn't make sense b/c I didn't eat a lot or unhealthy this weekend either.

But on a MUCH brighter note I am able to fit into a pair of pants that were giving me a problem last winter so that's exciting. I'm planning on trying the others that were a tad tight as the winter continues. Hopefully, I'll find the same result.

I'm also really, really ready for Thanksgiving break. I've not figured out how I'm going to work in workouts while traveling. Jogging is out b/c it's so dangerous outdoors where we go for Thanksgiving...so I'm going to have to be creative. Surely I can come up with something though.

Lisa-I'm sorry you awakened to such, unpleasantness. But jeans and tennis shoes sound good. Be careful lifting and packing though.

Gator gal- Good job on making it to the gym before work. WOW! I keep telling myself I'm going to go jog before school...but it's so DARK!!!

Pam- Congrats on the lb lost. That's AWESOME!! You have reason to be proud and I'm glad your work has paid off.

Joan- The Y pool sounds great. I used to work at one...I hope that you can find the extra pennies to go more often some day. Swimming can be a great workout as well as fun. And if your Y is anything like ours was...it has non-elderly water aerobics classes too that really work you out!

Christina- That's AWESOME! The pants I was rambling about fitting into are a 7/8 too. Keep up the good work!

Alright all...I'm off to lunch. One more day of teaching this week! WOO HOO!!! I'm not sure who is more ready for the break the children or the teachers...wait yes I am...the Teachers!!!

Have a great day!
Betty
Lobacal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 12:53 PM   #9  

Lauren ~ snow??? No way! That sounds so weird because I just got home and opened up the front and back door to let some fresh air in. The weather is incredibly mild here with temps in the 70's. I'm so glad that you're finally in the new house ~ hope that the boys keep up the good work;-).
Old 11-19-2007, 03:02 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 289/266.6/170

Height: 5'4"

Hi all! Hope you don't mind if I jump right in. I'm south of Lauren and all we have is cold rain since 2 days ago. But it's great to hear everyone is so committed to find creative ways to stay on track!
Been on WW since August 2006 and Byetta since April 2007, started at 289, last Thursday weigh-in was 266.6!!!!! And I'm baking the pies for Thanksgiving! Maybe I'll join my sister on her 3 mile run after dinner She had a party this past summer and brought all the girls on a 2 1/2 mile "walk" afterwards and I made it, but only just! She was kind enough to slow down from her previous "running" pace so the rest of us would keep up!! I think I better get on the treadmill each night before Thursday so I can keep up with her this time without being out of breath.

Irish - would LOVE to be wherever you are, I HATE cold!

Well, time for the afternoon snack of fruit - have a great day all!
rynngo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 03:34 PM   #11  

Height: 5'6

Hey again everyone...

Lauren...YAY!!! you're in the new house!!! So glad the move went well for you. Keeping my fingers crossed that the boys will STAY in their rooms! I can't imagine my kids waking me up. We went through a bout of it a few weeks ago cause my son got freaked out by some of the stuff on tv around Halloween, but I think that has passed. Boy, I can be really cranky when I get woken up a few nights in a row!!!

Joan, yes I LOVE Borders, and the childrens section is swesome...the kids love it too! Oh, and it was me who had the LASIK, June of 2006 and I love it...super easy & excellent recovery!! I highly recommend it!

Christina (and Lobacal) a size 7/8??!!!?? Way to go!!! I haven't seent that size since high school, and don't know that I ever will...oh well, I'm at a 10 now, and if I can just firm up a little more, I'll be really happy where I'm at.

Lobacal, maybe the weight will show up tomorrow? Who knows? It's great that you enjoy working outdoors...I love it too, but the weather here has been super cold & rainy. Can't wait to get out & clean up the yard!!! Hopefully next weekend...

rynngo...WELCOME!!! Great job on the weight loss!!! Keep it up! BTW, you're south of Lauren, so you must be somewhere near me...where do you live? I'm just outside of Philadelphia.

Well, took kids to the dentist....DD has FOUR CAVITIES!!!! Holy crap! She said they are teeny ones in between the teeth...(probably from not flossing & eating fruit snacks) DD is only four, and she was crying so hard. I felt so bad for her. DS is 8 and was like "I've never had a cavity" well, I think he got his father's good teeth, cause the dentist also said his teeth are coming in pretty straight...woohoo, hopefully we won't have to pay for braces..that would be excellent!!!
Also found out today that my MIL's dog died last night. She got sick very suddenly last night & they rushed her to the hospital. Took xrays & found a tumor, blood in the stomach. Said it usually happens that way, esp. with Bichons. (GG, have you ever heard of anything like this??). Well, the dog was ten and my kids have practically grown up with her...my son was crying so hard and said he doesn't know what he's gonna do when he sleeps over there cause "Gracie won't be on the bed with me anymore" . Very sad day here

On a better note, his conference was super. Just needs to work on comprehension and neatness, but she sees an improvement in him already...YAY!!
Well, gotta go get ready to help with the teacher dinner. Have a fantastic night, all!!

Pam

Last edited by pmasci; 11-19-2007 at 03:40 PM.
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 06:41 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Well all I survived. (Barely) ~ LOL! I typically do stock on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Today and tomorrow are the exception because they are all day events, normally it is til 11 then I work the floor. We are getting ready for Black Friday.

I got some good news at work today too. I am in the running for a AA postion. This would be an "Assistant Area Sales Manager". I would be in charge of Better Sportswear. They probably won't interview me this week (duh), but in the very near future is what the HR Manager said. I will interview with the store manager and assistant store manager.

I also have another interview on Wednesday of this week for a position in our church's district offices. That would be sitting at a desk all day, and working on the computer.

Either way, I just want what is best for me.

Lisa

Last edited by lppennington; 11-19-2007 at 06:42 PM.
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 09:08 PM   #13  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

Lisa: I'm really too tired and in some pain so I'm grumpy...but I couldn't pass by the chance to tell you I really hope you get the promotion darlin'! You soooo deserve it!

Hi Everyone else! Where the heck is BJ @ anyway?

Christina: Wow that is just splendiferous about the 7/8 girlie! xoxo If I ever get my bootie on track and lose like 15 more pounds I'd be able to think about that size too...so...you're my motivation!!!

Ok all-that's all I've got energy for. Sorry.

Hugs & Shuga Smacks, MO
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 09:14 PM   #14  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Pam, how sad about Gracie, hopefully she wasn't in much pain. About teeth and cavaties, I think it is more genetics than anything else. Glad to hear the conference went well.

Christina, I am so happy for you. I couldn't even imaginve being that size, congrats.

Lobocal, that is pretty neat finding a walkway like that!

rynngo, welcome!

Lisa are you working on Friday? If so, good luck!

Hey everyone else!

Well, I am very happy to report that we closed on our house today. I can't believe how it all happened so quickly! All I can hope is that DH's job goes well and we won't have to move again any time soon. It's a very nice house and it was practically a steal, we are so lucky. It does need alot of cosmetics, mainly paint and stripping wallpaper.

I am so exhausted from so much driving. We are at the hotel a few day untill we go and see my Aunt. I haven't been good about eating and exercising either. Haven't weighed in lately, I guess I will wait till next week when I get back home. Hopefully I won't do too much more damage.

Will talk later,
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:43 PM   #15  
Lil' Momma

S/C/G: 180/173/115

Height: 4'11"

Hello All!!! Okay, so I've been missing for like two or three months, but I have a good excuse. My counseling internship started at the beginning of thie semester, on top of my full time job, not to mention all of the other tedious tasks of daily survival. However, just because I haven't been here doesn't mean I haven't been busy.

I've lost another 3 lbs since I was here last which brings me to a total weight loss of 10 lbs. My goal for now is to maintain through the holidays and then start loosing again after the 1st of the year.

It is so great to read everyone's posts and see that you are all doing so well. To anyone who has joined during my AWOL time. I'm glad you're here and I hope to get to know you all very soon!!
4me4ben4will is offline   Reply With Quote