Old 11-16-2007, 03:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Diet Plans During The Holidays

Hi all,

I wanted to get some feedback on how you plan on handling the holiday meals. I plan on eating in moderation. I will decrease my calories before and after the meal to balance it out. But just in case I want to have a plan B.
akcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 03:45 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Actual days are special occasions - I will be moderate, but eat over my calories and enjoy every bite.

Other days are on-plan as much as humanly possible. Keep alcohol and sweets to a minimum, eat before going to events, and stay out of the cookies I am baking (except the recipes of my grandmother's that I am doing...I'll have one of each to test them before going into the cookie baskets).

Yes, it is odd that I do cookie baskets. I find it easier to stay away from them at parties because I've been smelling/touching/dealing with them a lot. I get sort of cookied out.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 10:43 PM   #3  

I'm just going to keep eating like I'm eating and everything will be cool. I said on another post I believe this will be the first holiday season that I fully expect to come out of it smaller than when it started.
kimmieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 01:16 PM   #4  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I plan on eating thanksgiving dinner as much as I want, whatever I want. Same with Xmas and probably New Years eve.

It is not one meal that causes holiday gain, its the leftovers and the continuous stream of holiday food. My bigger concern is getting rid of the leftovers since I am host this year. Stuffing and pie are the biggies. Everything else I have no desire for.

Last year from thanksgiving through new years I lost 10 lbs despite a big T-day (2900 cal) and Xmas (3200) and a horrendous NYE (3860). I did not try to compensate on other days to "make up for it" as that would be punishing myself and setting up a bad cycle of binge/hunger.

Now this year I dont expect to lose 10 lbs as I dont have as much to lose and on a good week I only expect to lose ~ 1/2 lb. But I expect to be lighter on NYD than I am today.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 02:53 PM   #5  

I plan on eating and not denying myself a cookie or even a piece of Pumpkin Pie. Its all about moderation. I find if I deny myself I set myself up for failure. Its one day and I am not hosting so no food comes home with me. Friday it will be back to normal. Same goes for Christmas and New Years.

Good Luck to everyone.

Jen
appleofmyeye08 is offline   Reply With Quote