Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 11-13-2007, 12:30 PM   #1  

Default im thinking of joining an indoor soccer league

im thinking of joining an indoor soccer league and forming my own co-ed team. i only got 2 people so far to join with me and im right now kinda scouting .

but im really scared to join the league. i am kinda out of shape and the league starts in feb. i started running and i told the lady that i suck at soccer and she said she will put me in the amateur league. but still... i heard you run the whole time.. not jogging.. so i gotta start sprinting and getting into anaerobic exercise instead of just aerobic.

another issue is that if im gonna form a team, i want to make sure the players on my team are motivated and at least give effort and work out like me. i dont care if we lose every game, as long as we at least give some sort of effort. anyway....

anybody else play for a soccer league? is it fun? what are your expereinces? do you gotta be in peak performance shape?
HookemHorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 01:06 PM   #2  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Hey, go for it, have fun, exercise is good and getting into peak shape will come the more you do, and it not all about winning the game it is about winning in life!
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 02:16 PM   #3  

I joined my friend's indoor soccer league two years ago -- at 230 pounds and rather out of shape -- it is a lot of running, but it feels good and if you have enough people -- you can rotate as often as necessary. My one problem was just the days I forgot to do A LOT of stretching before a game because I would usually pull a muscle!!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote