Old 11-11-2007, 10:36 AM   #1  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Default Fitness Bingo Game - Round 2 - Everyone welcome to join in

We're going to be starting a second session Tuesday November 13th. Everyone is welcome to join in. There are 2 levels - Regular and Super. The game is played the same for both - the regular activities only take a few minutes each day to perform and the super ones are for those who want a bit more oomph in their challenges.

Each day we will draw 1 activity for each of the games and post them at the top of the thread here. See the next post for how to set up your playing card.

Put a little extra in your day and join us in this fun game.

It's Tuesday and we're ready to start The game is simple. Each day we'll post 2 activities. If it's one of the activities you selected on your game card, do it and then make a big x in the square. First person to get 5 x's across, down or diagonally yells out BINGO and posts it here. If you miss the Tuesday start you can still join in since we randomly pick activities to fill out cards, it's not likely that the game will end after 5 consective draws. Good luck and have some fun doing some things that are good for you!

Activities for Tuesday November 13:
  • Regular Bingo - Take lots of extra steps today. No matter where you go today – take the LONG way to get there.
  • Super Bingo Challenge - EACH time you pass a set of stairs today, go up and down 2 flights.
Activities for Wednesday November 14:
  • Regular Bingo - Yesterday we did lots of walking. Today we work the abs - 50 crunches please.
  • Super Bingo Challenge - Oof-duh! 50 Push Ups AND 50 Squats - that will take your mind off your sore legs from all those stairs yesterday.
Activities for Thursday November 15:
  • Regular Bingo - You worked hard the last 2 days - now eat. Today's challenge is to Eat 2 Servings of vegetables today. Starchy vegetables (corn, white or red potatoes and peas don't count).
  • Super Bingo Challenge - 20 minutes of dancing along to your favorite songs - singing along optional. If you're having fun, do it longer.
Activities for Friday November 16: the weekend is almost upon us. Let's burn off those out to dinner calories before we indulge...
  • Regular Bingo - March in place or around the room for 15 minutes. (Whistling is optional) wasn't that fun? Then do it again later on.
  • Super Bingo Challenge - Our version of the triathalon. Run, bike, swim . Ok so maybe it’s too cold to swim. “Air Swim”. Stand in place and curve your arms cutting through the air for at least 5 minutes. Run in place if you can’t jog outside. Bike on a real one, an exercise one or on your "air bike" get on the floor and on your back lift those legs and pump them back and forth.
Activities for Saturday November 17:
  • Regular Bingo - Take a fitness class or do a fitness video. Check out the tv and see if you can find a fitness class on cable.
  • Super Bingo Challenge - 60 minutes of a cardio activity of your choice
Activities for Sunday November 18:
  • Regular Bingo - Climb the stairs today – get 5 sets done by the end of the day. - You get extra kudos if you're carrying a full laundry basket while you're climbing...
  • Super Bingo Challenge - 15 minutes of stretching upon wakening (this will help to wake you up), 15 minutes of stretching before bed with 5 deep, slow cleansing breaths (this will help to relax you so you can fall asleep more easily). Breathe in slowly and count as you breathe in. Exhale and count again. The objective is to be able to count all the way to 10 (slowly). As you get better at this, you'll be able to get further along in the count.
Activities for Monday November 19:
  • Regular Bingo - walk or jog 1 mile today
  • Super Bingo Challenge - 50 jumping jacks OR knee to chest lifts
Activities for Tuesday November 20:
  • Regular Bingo - drop 'em and give us 20 push ups
  • Super Bingo Challenge - Do 30 minutes of relaxation – stretching, yoga or just quiet and peaceful thinking. Can be broken into 3, ten minute sessions if that works better with your schedule
Activities for Wednesday November 21: Sorry I'm late posting this today
  • Regular Bingo - You need your rest. Get 8 hours of sleep tonight so you can be charged up and ready to help with the turkey dinner AND make good food choices tomorrow.
  • Super Bingo Challenge - You need your rest. Get 8 hours of sleep tonight so you can be charged up and ready to help with the turkey dinner AND make good food choices tomorrow.
Activities for Thursday November 22:
  • Regular Bingo - 30 jumping jacks - do them while you're waiting for the food to cook
  • Super Bingo Challenge - Gather the family and take a 30 minute walk after dinner today
Activities for Friday November 23: Maniac Power Shopping Day
  • Regular Bingo - Drink at least 48 oz of water today - flush out that fat and salt from yesterday
  • Super Bingo Challenge - Park your car at the far end of the parking lot for the rest of the weekend and get some extra walking in. (No power walking if you live in one of those cities that has snowflakes already)
Activities for Saturday November 24:
  • Regular Bingo - March in place or around the room for 15 minutes
  • Super Bingo Challenge - 100 crunches
Activities for Sunday November 25: [B]
  • Regular Bingo - Climb the stairs today - get 5 sets done by the end of the day (go in the attic and haul down those Christmas decorations)
  • Super Bingo Challenge - No matter where you go today – take the LONG way to get there – take extra steps every chance you can. Or if you watch TV, every time a commercial comes on you have to march in place or do crunches during the commercial break.

Last edited by happy2bme; 11-23-2007 at 11:10 AM. Reason: updating for a few days in advance
Old 11-11-2007, 10:36 AM   #2  
Choose your hard

We’re going to play Fitness Bingo. Each person who wants to participate will make their own Bingo card (instructions to follow) or you can grab the card here the LondonJulz made for us - see the attachment at the bottom of this post. Instead of numbers in the squares (ie. B6) each square will have an activity. Each day you can either pick an activity yourself or we will draw and post an activity for you. When you complete it, mark a big X on the square for that activity. Bingo happens when you get 5 squares all X’d out down one column or across one row or diagonally (first square first row, then second square second row, middle square 3rd row, 4th square 4th row, to the 5th square 5th row or backwards starting from the first square in the O column over to the left bottom square in the B column). When you get a BINGO post it on THIS thread where we will be selecting an activity of the day. And don't forget to yell really loud, jump up and down and wave your arms madly when you get a BINGO because that's the fun of being the first to hit BINGO

Since some people like a more intense challenge, there are 2 sets of activities. One for regular Fitness Bingo and another set of more challenging activities for SUPER BINGO. You can actually mix activities from both sets but that would probably make it a lot harder to hit BINGO.

Instructions – How do you make the Bingo Card? Since in Bingo, all the Bingo cards are different (with different numbers in different places) we will each have to make our own Bingo Cards. (Thanks to LondonJulz for the help with this )

1. Make a chart with 30 large empty squares on it – 5 columns across, 6 rows down
2. At the very top row in each of the boxes write one letter to spell out B-I-N-G-O across the chart.
| B | I | N | G | O |
|---|---|---|---|---|
| B | I | N | G | O |
3. Decide if you want to follow the Regular Fitness Bingo or the Super Challenge. In random order chose from the activities list and write one in each square until you’ve filled up 24 the squares..

Remember that the center square (row 3, column 3 is the FREE SPACE square). However if you are doing the SUPER BINGO challenge, there is no such thing as a free square – for the center square fill it in with “chose any activity you like and do it again” – this is the only “repeat” activity allowed in this session.

4. You now have your Bingo Card ready to play..

Instructions – How do I know which activity to do? There’s 2 ways you can do this. If you’d rather pick the activities yourself then take each of the items you have written on your card and write each one on a slip of paper. Each day draw a slip of paper and do that activity and then X off the square when you’ve completed it.

Or you can let us choose for you. Each day I will be posting 2 activities – one for the Regular Fitness Bingo, one for the Super Bingo Challenge. I will enter them in the first post on this thread so you can come to the same place to check each day. If you let me pick, then you HAVE to do what I selected that day. Do the activity and then mark it off your card with a big X when you’ve finished it.

Post any questions you might have in this thread because chances are you might ask the same question someone else is thinking. Good luck Black Team!
================================================== =======

Free Space – If you’re playing the Regular Fitness Bingo mark the center square of your card (row 3, column 3) FREE SPACE and X it out as this is a freebie bonus. If you are playing Super BINGO instead of FREE SPACE, mark in Pick a favorite activity from your card and do it again - You can do this at any day within the first 5 days of the game.

Regular Fitness Bingo Activity List. Fill in each square with one activity. Don’t fill them out in the same order as they are listed here or we will all have the same Bingo Card. Select an item and write it in Row 1, column 3, do the next in Row 4, column 1 and keep filling them in randomly until your card is full.

20 Push Ups
- Climb the stairs today – get 5 sets done by the end of the day
- Eat 2 servings of fruit today
- Do 20 minutes of relaxation – stretching, yoga, or quiet & peaceful thinking
- 20 Squats
- March in place or around the room for 15 minutes
- Take a fitness class or do a fitness video
- 30 Jumping Jacks
- Eat 2 servings of Vegetables today
- Get your blood pressure checked (many pharmacies have machines where you can check your pressure)
- Walk or jog 1 mile today
- Drink at least 48 ounces of water
- FREE SPACE (goes in center square of card)
- Park your car at the far end of the parking lot today and walk a little farther
- Try a new fitness activity
- 15 minutes of stretching
- Get 8 hours of sleep
- 30 minutes of Cardio
- 20 Lunges
- 50 Crunches
- Eat 2 servings of Fruit (small to medium piece) AND 2 (half cup) Servings of Vegetables today
- 20 minutes of Weight Lifting
- 20 minutes of stretching
- Take lots of extra steps today. No matter where you go today – take the LONG way to get there.
- Ride a bike – a real one, an exercise bike or on your back, legs in the air and pump those legs!

Super Bingo Fitness Activities. These are a little more challenging. Fill in each square with one activity. Don’t fill them out in the same order as they are listed here or we will all have the same Bingo Card. Take an item and write it in Row 1, column 3, do the next in Row 4, column 1 and keep filling them in randomly until your card is full.

- 50 Push Ups AND 50 Squats
- Each time you pass a set of stairs today, go up and down 2 flights.
- Find 2 new healthy snacks (with nutrition info) and post your finds on the thread to share with your team members
- Do 30 minutes of relaxation – stretching, yoga or just quiet and peaceful thinking. Can be broken into 3, ten minute sessions if that works better with your schedule
- 100 Crunches
- 1 hour of Fitness Classes or Videos
- 50 Jumping Jacks or Knee to chest lifts
- No eating anything 2 hours before bedtime tonight - 3 hours would be better For example - if you go to bed at 10pm then you don't eat anything more after 7 or 8pm tonight
- 20 minutes of dancing to your favorite songs – singing along optional!
- Substitute 2 items that you had planned on eating for more healthy choices
- Get 8 hours of sleep
- Walk the perimeter of EACH room in your house or apartment. Do this 10 times today.
- Run, bike, swim. Ok so maybe it’s too cold to swim. “Air Swim”. Stand in place and curve your arms cutting through the air for at least 5 minutes. Run in place if you can’t jog outside. Bike on a real one, an exercise one or on your back legs pumping in the air.
- No matter where you go today – take the LONG way to get there – take extra steps every chance you can. Or if you watch TV, every time a commercial comes on you have to march in place or do crunches during the commercial break.
- 15 minutes of stretching upon wakening, 15 minutes of stretching before bed with 10 deep, slow cleansing breaths.
- Take a walk after lunch today
- Two 30 minute sessions of weight lifting today and tomorrow. Upper body one day, lower body the next. (You can X this off the first day, just make sure you do the other set tomorrow.
- It's a colors of the rainbow fruit and vegetable eating day – eat ½ cup of a red item, a green item, a yellow item, and and orange, blue or purple item. If it’s white get it out of sight – no white items (potatoes) allowed. Bananas are ok because they are yellow on the outside. Same goes for apples.
- Take a 30 minute Power Walk or do sprints
- Park your car at the far end of the parking lot for the next 3 days and get some extra walking in. (Maybe a quick jog if it's raining )
- Free Space – oops sorry – no free space on the Super Challenge! Instead pick your favorite activity and do it again.
- No beverages other than water today will pass your lips
- 60 minutes of cardio
- “No Sugar Tonight” – or all day for that matter. You can't eat anything with refined sugar in it today.
- Today you will walk or jog 2 miles or 30 minutes more than you typically work out

Last edited by happy2bme; 11-11-2007 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Tidying up the post
Old 11-11-2007, 10:51 AM   #3  
Choose your hard

Default Ready Made Bingo Card

Here's a card that's already sectioned out if you want to grab it and print it. You just have to select your activities and fill in the squares and you're ready to play.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Fitness Bingo Challenge Game Card.doc (31.5 KB, 31 views)
Old 11-11-2007, 04:16 PM   #4  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

happy2bme -thanks for starting round 2! I'm looking forward to it I've actually missed doing it this weekend.
I'm off to re-arrange my card.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:15 PM   #5  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Question........is the card supposed to be 5x6 or 5x5? The word document has 5x6 so I have 5 empty spaces are we supposed to fill those in? or double something up? Sorry to be difficult I'm just confused LOL!

~melissa
Old 11-11-2007, 07:41 PM   #6  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

5x5 (column for each letter)
Old 11-11-2007, 10:28 PM   #7  
Choose your hard

The card has 6 rows down and 5 columns across. However, you write the letters B-I-N-G-O in the top row across the columns, not playing that first row so you would have 25 actual playing squares (5 rows down after the BINGO line and 5 columns across the page) .

Make sense?

And thanks for asking - sometimes someone has the same question but doesn't want to speak up. I'd rather people ask a question and played along rather than be confused and shy away.

Last edited by happy2bme; 11-11-2007 at 10:31 PM.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:23 AM   #8  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

yeah, the 5x5 makes sense. the word document already has the B-I-N-G-O filled in so the extra row isnt needed. I get it though! Thanks!

edited to add....oh I get what happened! When you paste in the activities it extends the last row so it makes it look like 6 rows if it goes to a second page! LOL...silly me! Dont you just love word formatting! LOL!

~melissa

Last edited by Hun.e.B; 11-12-2007 at 11:26 AM.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:28 AM   #9  
Choose your hard

Thumbs up On your mark, get ready, GO!!!

The game starts today. I'll try and post each day's activity the night before so that you have all day to complete it.

Let's have a good time!
Old 11-13-2007, 09:13 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/153

Height: 5'6"

I am SO ready! I'm doing the "super bingo" this time around, I think I need the extra push!
Old 11-13-2007, 12:57 PM   #11  
I CAN DO THIS!!

S/C/G: 360.6/335.4/140

Height: 5'7½"

Oh, what a great idea. I don't watch TBL but I'd love to join in on the Fitness Bingo Game.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:51 PM   #12  
Choose your hard

Welcome Gina - we'd love to have you with us!

And I'm doing the super bingo challenge too. Thusfar I've had to hit the stairs 5 times today. 10 flights so far *puff, puff* and the day's only half over (I have stairs at home too).

Last edited by happy2bme; 11-13-2007 at 03:52 PM.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:16 AM   #13  
Choose your hard

Bumping up the thread for Wednesday.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:23 PM   #14  
I CAN DO THIS!!

S/C/G: 360.6/335.4/140

Height: 5'7½"

Okay, so for my first go at Fitness Bingo, I'm going to go with 'regular bingo'. I did loops around my wing at work yesterday for 'extra steps'. Whenever I had to go to someone else's office or the little girls room, I went WAY out of the way to get there... I passed people's offices that I have never even seen at work - I'm sure they thought I was lost.

Looking forward to getting those crunches in after my walk/jog tonight.

I hope everyone is doing great today.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:12 AM   #15  
Choose your hard

Way to go Gina! It's kind of fun to discover new parts of the office.

I had to break my squats and push ups into sets - couldn't get them all done in one shot. I'm sure I'll be feeling it tomorrow, but that's the point, isn't it?

I like your avatar too!

Last edited by happy2bme; 11-15-2007 at 02:13 AM.