South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 11-09-2007, 02:57 PM   #1  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Finally broke through two plus month plateau!!!

Had to share with everyone, me and DH and DD went out of town for four days was very good op- I had shared last week that I reviewed my food journals and noted I was not getting enough veggies- for the last week and ahalf I have upped my veggies and when I stepped on scale today for official weigh in- I lost 4lbs- I finally got to see the 180's on my scale, for months I have been stepping on it and got as close at 190.0 but could not get it to go any further down.

I had to share I was just so excited and now more motivated than every to keep up those veggies!!! I hope this encourages anyone stuck on a long plateau like I was.
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 03:46 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good for you! I should follow that good advice as I'm stuck just over 200!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 04:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

I'm really happy for you pearlrose, and you should be proud for sticking with it even though the last couple of months must have been frustrating!
You're right, veggies are key, and that's something I work at every day. I like veggies, but they are more work to prepare or something. I always feel like it's much easier to grab a cheese stick or a cracker than fix a salad. When I'm motivated on the weekend and pre-wash and chop veggies, or make a big pot of veggie soup, the week goes much easier.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 04:10 PM   #4  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

CONGRATS!!!!

Great work sticking with it!
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 05:15 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 192/192/135

Height: 5'4

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoodle View Post
I'm really happy for you pearlrose, and you should be proud for sticking with it even though the last couple of months must have been frustrating!
YES! I second that comment!!! You go girl!

This may sound weird, but I was just listening to a CD by Martha Beck, (titled the four day win) and she said that she questioned lots of women that lost weight, kept it off, and were happy (not miserable and their life ruled by the scale).

She said that one thing that they all had in common was a 4 day event (not the same just something that happened to them for 4 days) that got them going on their weight loss.
I hear twilight zone music... and I bet your on your path to success too!

Last edited by surrealchereal; 11-09-2007 at 05:57 PM.
surrealchereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 06:26 PM   #6  
RNMOM

Default Wtg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am really impressed! I don't think I would have been able to stick with it because I would have been so discouraged! You are my hero!!!!
RNMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 06:28 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 210/210/174

Height: 5'4"

Pearlrose,

Congratulations, you must be so happy. Veggies can do wonders.

Wilma
slim n up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 06:52 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 248/216/148

Height: 5'11"

Congratulations!!! You have inspire me. I am also plateaued at 190 since I started on phase two and it's now been about three weeks but I am more determined than ever not to give up thanks to you.
THINBYJUNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 11:22 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Thanks everyone for the kind words!!! You'll were my inspirations to keep going despite the plateau!!!

Last edited by Pearlrose; 11-09-2007 at 11:22 PM.
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 07:52 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 222/=ticker=/150

Height: 5'7"

Congrats!!!
I was stuck around 202 forever than one day after nearly 2 1/2 months it started to move again. Go figure
browneyedgirl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 08:47 PM   #11  
Angela

S/C/G: 203/195/185- mini goal

Height: 5 7

I have played with the same 10 lbs for many years this is the year I will break 190. You have inspired me. I'm seriously hoping by Christmas or at the very least new years eve

Congrats to you!
lostchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 02:14 PM   #12  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

:congrats: Pearlrose!!!

Plateaus are a part of dieting...but how you handle them tells a lot about you! You've done a fantastic job of handling yours--figure out what you think might be the reason, make a change, and wait for results! I'm so happy for you!

Veggies can make a huge difference. I know what you mean about it seeming like they take a long time; I certainly do better when our meals are chock-full of veggies so I don't have to think about it. But when I have to have a side of veggies, I rely on frozen quite a lot. There are some steamed ones by Birds Eye, complete with sauce, that I really enjoy. We'll do some without sauce and just add salsa if we're having a Mexican-themed meal. That little bit of extra work is worth it in the end.

ThinbyJune, a good attitude will help you out a ton--but you also should take a look at what you're eating, when you're eating it, and what exercise you're doing. Make some changes--for some people it's eating more, for some it's eating less, for others it's changing when they eat certain things. You'll figure out what works for you and then you'll never look back!
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 05:20 PM   #13  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

congrats!!! I was getting frustrated, and my plateau had only been 3 weeks so far. Breaking through is an awesome feeling! you are on your way!!
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote